• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cliché Thread: Best Film I've Ever Seen

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
"If you ask me, qui-gon jinn and obi wan kenobi should have been combined to form a new character, called obi-wan kenobi."

pure gold.

Jun.

Smash Lord
but Obi wan's main failure in Anakin's upbringing stems from his early independence due to the death of Qui-gon

Adam M!

Smash Lord
ive never seen the movie. i feel like watchinig it w/ redlettermedia.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
huge adam sandler fan? lol you just confirm my preconceptions so accurately dont you

BobbySiege

Smash Rookie
The A-Team was amazing. Before anyone decides to say anything, take a moment to consider the fact that you've probably never seen the show and don't realize how well the new movie gave a positive twist on an old classic. Campy and unrealistic? Oh hell yeah.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I want to get excited for the new Shyamalan movie coming out in fall, but I don't want to be disappointed when it gets terrible ratings like the Last Airbender.

clockwerk

Smash Cadet
PotC 1 (the other two are crap)

The entire Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Any movie made by Pixar.

Oh, and Inception was pretty good. It actually made more sense than I thought it would.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i was 'disappointed' by inception

too bad, because if I had gone in with no expectations, I would've liked it quite a bit

although if I had no expectations, I would never have seen it anyway until a few months later

HugS™

Smash Lord
Inception is a great movie disguised as a blockbuster.

Which makes it only a good movie. Nonetheless, it's refreshing to see something this good on the big screen.
Toy story 3 though, that was perfection defined.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Toy Story 3 was amazing.

I'm kinda turned off to inception cuz I'm not a fan of decaprio or the Juno chick, but I've heard nothing but good things about it, so now I'm curious.

SuperRad

Smash Master
DiCaprio is legit. I think he's one of the best leading men working right now, and I don't really see what anyone's problem with him would be. (Maybe his accents?) I think Ellen Page is just cute as ****, despite the fact that she looks vaguely like a boy. She was annoying in Juno not because of her acting but because the script was a piece of ****.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't have a problem with dicaprio; i think he killed it (in a good way)

i mostly just found it hard to care about the things they wanted me to care about, and frankly, when a 'question your reality' type movie doesn't actually make me think about it the day after (like after the matrix, i was trippin for like over a week), i feel that it may have missed its mark somewhat

if questioning what is reality wasn't the point, then i dunno, seems like a heist movie but without interesting motives and goals

still a fun watch though

Lovage

Smash Hero
has anyone seen the 1998 korean movie christmas in august?

i challenge you to watch it (without reading smashboards or talking on aim) and not get emotional :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Inception was good

so was Despicable Me but that's probably just me being a little kid

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Uh, I think you all mean "Life is Beautiful." And yes, it's extremely good, definitely in my top 20. It's a Wonderful Life is pretty good too.

I watched Blood Simple (Coen Bros' first movie) last night. You can definitely tell it's their first, it doesn't have quite the personality that their other movies do, but it's still very good. The Big Lebowski references it in a certain way too. I've almost seen every Coen Bros movie now, just need Barton Fink, The Ladykillers, and Intolerable Cruelty, though I've heard mixed things about the latter two so I've put them off.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i just watched the killing (1956) and it was absolute ****, does anyone know other really good heist flicks, none really come to mind for me

Top Bottom