• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zealouz

Smash Rookie
I know this thread is pretty old, but something tells me that this is kind of skewed since some players at different tournaments might not have been playing certain characters. So it might have been easier to win or lose based upon what characters were entered in each specific tourny.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I know this thread is pretty old, but something tells me that this is kind of skewed since some players at different tournaments might not have been playing certain characters. So it might have been easier to win or lose based upon what characters were entered in each specific tourny.
um....what? so your saying for tourney results to be counted, that 1 of every character must be played at every tournament or else the rankings don't count? thats ****ed up man.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
I made top 4 in a tournament at ComicCon San Diego 2008 about a month ago.

Number of Entrants - 128
Fee - Free
Location - California, San Diego ComicCon 2008
1st place - DeDeDe
2nd place - Samus
Tied for 3rd place - Toon Link (me)
Tied for 3rd place - Ike
Top 8 - I only remember a Olimar...

Tourney page - http://sdtekken.com/2008/08/04/sd-tekken-comic-con-wrap-up/
Scroll down some till the first picture with 4 guys standing there and read the description. I am Kristofer Shirley, John Yochim was the Ike. Robert Wilcox won with his Dedede, and OATS made 2nd with Samus.

If you don't believe Kristofer Shirley is me, I have a youtube account and email where I could tell you it's me on if you really want. On youtube, I also have a video which shows me, and I am the one in that picture of the tourney in it.

Hopefully this raises Toon Link and Samus's rating a bit...
Hate to argue, but I went to a tournament with Oats (2nd place) about a week ago, and he was using Lucas and Rob. I would like to see Samus's rankings rise, but are you absolutely positive that Oats was using Samus? If I'm wrong, then nice job to Oats.

Zealouz

Smash Rookie
I was just saying other variables will affect the ranking. I wasn't proposing anything so theres no need to put words in my mouth.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi is not a bad player, and personally from the small amount of Luigi's that ive seen, they don't do a few of the "Advanced Techniques" or little things that luigi has over other characters.
I think I found the reason why Luigi's never at tourneys, here it goes:

Luigi's biggest fear is Meta Knights and Waddle Dees. Since he is scared of them, we don't go to tourneys cause we get into our characters the most! So while people with other mains go out despite weaknesses against others, we act like Luigi to be one with him, and fear his fears like Luigi does, because Luigi is mostly a coward compared to the other characters (except Lucas) . We bond with Luigi.

How's that logic huh?

Joke logic of course, I dunno why Luigi's underplayed.

PrinceMarthX

Smash Journeyman
Luigi has a huge disadvantage against Meta Knight and as long as Meta remains on top, it will be difficult for Luigi to gain any ground.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Luigi has a huge disadvantage against Meta Knight and as long as Meta remains on top, it will be difficult for Luigi to gain any ground.
its not too bad of a disadvantage, theres characters that have it alot worse off vs meta than weegi does, like poor ol ganon, unless he gets him in a perfect murder choke to like 150% and then wizard foot(Gantrain) as he's getting up, its hopeless for my poor ganon.

Grondos

Smash Cadet
I believe you should count it with at least a little weight, even if there was no entry fee. It was 128 people after all....

And yes i'm sure that Oats was using Samus. Finals were Samus vs. DeDeDe with him and Wilcox.

Grondos

Smash Cadet
Also, no it was not a free for all or items tournament. It was single match elimination though, 3 stock.

Samochan

Smash Master
Who cares how much it costs to participate,

128 people attended, these results should count -_-

Formula needs changing...
Yes... and no. With no money on the line, people won't play as serious as they would when there's prize. Though the participant amount is really good yes, the lack of prize money does affect how serious the tournament is.

Maybe we should make exception here, you don't usually see tourneys this big without any kind of entrance fee. <_>

Grondos

Smash Cadet
Yes, I do believe a 128 person tournament should have some weight, even if it is free.

Samochan

Smash Master
Also, if seriousness because of prize money is an issue, there are tons of tourneys where players hardly play serious at all and yet there is a prize, and tons of players who also never really play serious on tourneys even with prize money. >_>

Maybe have half of the weight it usually does cause it's free, but it's so big it should have at least some weight...

Grondos

Smash Cadet
In that case I'd like an actual top eight. Names would be nice.
1. Robert Wilcox - DeDeDe
2. OATS - Samus
3. Kristofer Shirley - Toon Link
3. John Yochim - Ike

Top 8 aren't posted on the site, so I don't know the names, or even the characters except for one of them who used Olimar and name is Axel Gawaran. You could just not count any of the top 8 if you want or include Olimar since he was one of them, sorry I can't get the other 3 :(

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Would you like any other special treatment for that tourney with your hamburger?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Dude seriously. You can't expect that tournament to count when there was no entry fee and you can't even list the top 8. Giving points to the 4 characters you listed while the other top 4 are left out would be unfair.

Grondos

Smash Cadet
I don't see what's unfair about it. It's not like your taking away points from those 4 characters.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Hope this helps Ankoku. I just got back from the finals of this tourney today. IF it counts, first #1 spot for Zelda/Sheik..and seriously, I wanna see it on there lol.

Number of entrants: 24
Entry fee: $15
Bronx, New York

1- dMT (Zelda/Sheik)
2 - $PAN (DK)
3 - Vega (Wolf)
4 - Pit
5 - 8: XENO (Pikachu), 1212(Falco), Ivan(Snake), Mario

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Do you have the link to this tournament? I'll need some verification on it. Names would be nice too.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
It wasn't really advertised online, but yea I understand how you'd need verification. The truth is, I don't really know how I can verify it. The only physical remnant I have from the tournament is the slip for $175 store credit I received for winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom