• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Lol Mmac, you make me sad....
I sorry, but I got really annoyed at the Tier List discussion when people place her. They justify her placement just because of that one placing. It's just.... illogical, and I hate illogical things...

I personally don't have anything against Her though... I mean, She does wear an awesome bucket hat!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
THIS TIER LIST IS SO WRONG ANKUKOKUKU WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO ORGANIZE THESE CHARACTERS TO WHATEVER SUITS YOUR FANCY?!?!

WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT?!

>_>

well?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Ankoku, does the first list include all past tournaments more recent than two months? I was looking at Ike's tournament wins in comparison to the reference list, and I found that he has placed in the top 4 more than 3 times, as the first list says. In "Panama Tournament" (July 6th), Micheal placed 4th; in "Fancy Smash III" (July 12th), I placed 3rd; in "Articuno Confirmed for Brawl" (July 12th), Kirk placed 2nd; and in "WABA Game Monthly" (July 19th), XIF placed 4th; and in "VSA Tournament" (August 9th), The Destroyer placed 4th with Ike and Ganondorf (making 5 top 4s instead of 3). I checked the dates and all of the tournaments above are more recent than two months ago; was something missed, or am I screwing up and counting tournaments that shouldn't be counted? I'm not discrediting your data - on the contrary, I'm very impressed by your work. I'm just looking out for my main :laugh:.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
meh what the hell i'll post it

14 people
$5 entry
Jcav's house, MI

1. Omni - Wolf
2. Vayseth - Dedede
3. JKBUK- Mr. G&W
4. Dogma- Marth
5. Jcav - Wolf
6. ZIMm - Toon Link
7. AK-63 - ZSS
8. Gina - Pit

No, I don't have a link, but you know Vayseth and Omni if you need confirmation.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Come one Luigi, come one, rise OUT of the bottom three, your better than those no good actually bad characters.

Although Falcon and Ganondorf are still fun to play as!

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Like how you finally upated it with the little icons, gives a little more life to the topic.

and ****, Luigi needs to gain some ground.

Charoo

Smash Champion
You were very clear on your character usage.
1: Champ (sheik (2 matches)/fox (4)/falco (2)/pokemon trainer (1)/falcon (1)) i think

Picking Trainer or Falcon ONCE doesn't really qualify for me adding a placement for him. It'd be like listing DSF as Snake/Meta Knight in a tournament yesterday even though he only used Meta Knight for one match.
Number of entrants: 38
Entry fee: $9
Where it was: southern California
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1995

1: Champ (Captain Douglas Jay Falcon/ sheik/ fox)
2: Connor (mk/marth/peach)
3: Lucky (dedede/wolf/sonic)
4: Jmex (dk/g&w)
5: Sky (peach)
5: Twilight Kirby (kirby)
7: Boo (samus/zss)
7: Mooseking (snake/zss)

I MAKE SURE this time that I use falcon more than once haha. Use him every time I know I'm going to seal the deal or when Douglas tells me he wants to falcon punch some1.

also, when the bracket is put up, I will be in 3rd or 2nd place instead (I forgot). The reason for this is because Connor and Lucky both have an AiB account and I don't. Since getting top 4 gives u a medal, I just told them to put me as 3rd because then they can receive the 1st and 2nd medal (yay medal!). I just hope you trust my word, and people who went to the tournament can vouch for me.

SENG

Smash Journeyman
yea champ did end up getting first and he COULD HAVE gotten his medal on AIB if he would just swallow his pride and work things out with Neal xD

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Wow TL has alot of Top 8's (more then characters like Wario and Lucario). He's good but people just can't seem to win with him. And pikachu continues his steady rise to high tier!

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Number of entrants: 38
Entry fee: $9

What a bunch of characters =\

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
It really doesn't look that impressive getting a win when everyone is using a slew of characters.

Not to mention Falcon won't get very many points now anyway since it's being split three ways. If you really want to get Falcon the points, then win with just him so it doesn't get split three ways.

Charoo

Smash Champion
It really doesn't look that impressive getting a win when everyone is using a slew of characters.

Not to mention Falcon won't get very many points now anyway since it's being split three ways. If you really want to get Falcon the points, then win with just him so it doesn't get split three ways.
welcome to socal sir. We don't use snake/mk only.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Neither does the Midwest, but people here don't play five different characters per tournament.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i think theyre playing to win the tournament, though, and not to get them points on the character rankings list. its a nice list, but dont look at the process backwards or you might get lost ;)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Under that logic, MD/VA does the LEAST to win out of the entire country, being full of Meta Knights and Snakes, yet somehow they're arguably the strongest region.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Under that logic, MD/VA does the LEAST to win out of the entire country, being full of Meta Knights and Snakes, yet somehow they're arguably the strongest region.
Haven't been national brawl tournies, and I didn't say it was the only qualifier for how much you do to win.

MD/VA does limit themselves, and if they only learn one character, they will eventually be CPd.

Charoo

Smash Champion
the chars. I play r the chars. I enjoy playing with. I'm not trying to use falcon or shiek just so they can move up the ranking list. I use them because they r very fun in this game. Winning is a bonus but I still think every1 should play this game with their fav. char. Not saying that people don't, but I do know some people who tell me they want to use a certain char. but they can't do well with that char compare to them using some1 else.

I know Midwest have variety when I see bowser taking out dsf in teams haha. Also ur best player is anther isn't it? Pikachu is so cute with his down taunt.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I didn't say it was the only qualifier for how much you do to win.
So you do less to win than SoCal?

K, thanks for the info.
You'd rarely need more than two characters to deal with counter matchups, tho'. If playing five characters is "doing more to win," then I have to hand it to SoCal - they really want to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom