• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browny

Smash Hater
only way their gonna learno how to deal with nades is if the other snake player forgets to press B.

im not counting on a breakthrough in that matchup any time soon >_>

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
How to play the snake MU: don't do anything. Snake has to eventually do smoething stupid, then use the Hyli "get away from the nades" CG. Trying stuff is a bad idea.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ic's full hp/double jump ice block camping is too legit LOL. so time consuming, you can run the clock with that stuff against snake

but nade camping is still more powerful

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
ic's full hp/double jump ice block camping is too legit LOL. so time consuming, you can run the clock with that stuff against snake

Snake hits with a grenade = ICs hitting with 20 IBs, and snake kills you faster than you kill him.. not just more powerful, pretty much invalidating.

But IB is still your best non grab move against him.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Not until I start losing to them.

(I dont include being owned by Fiction)
What other ones have you played? Lol. Fiction's ICs aren't that thing that I forgot the word.

Yeah, Ice Block camping that way is good but...Snake's grenades can do that same amount of damage without even blowing up on you. >_<

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
IC's grabs may be broken...but the range is so pitful that it becomes hard to land...course skills takes these guys a long way, but I say they should never pass MK, Snake, and Wario.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ic's have so many other tools, esp uair blizzard nair bair ice block. they are pretty floaty so their maneuverability more than covers for their poor grab range. see, the thing is, many characters (besides snake, zelda and maybe lucario) are way too afraid to face off against ic's ground game because they are afraid of not spacing right and getting grabbed. this forces them in the air, which is why a lot of air based characters are actually pretty good against ic's, such as peach and metaknight or even the PK boys. contrary to popular belief, ic's air game is NOT bad at all especially cuz of their uair and squall maneuvers, but yeah other characters do have much better air games.

and IMO ic IS gonna pass wario hehe

Nestec

Smash Ace
Yeah, ignoring the deathgrabs, ICs have quite a few ****ty matchups.

EDIT: Not just ICs, Diddy is gonna pass Wario too. Lol, but this isn't the place to discuss that...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Attention everyone. I'm currently not at my usual house, college, state, country, or even continent. So there will be no updates until I get back at the end of the month. Sorry.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Wat? ICs have like 2 or 3 bad MUs lol. They have a few 45/55s, but they only truley lose to Snake and Rob.

Most chars air games are totally shut down by blizzard, and if you approach from above, you eat the infinite priority Uair, like 3 times.

Characters who beat ICs are ones who make them approach very well (rob lazer,, snake nade, (falco is a good MU, I'm just giving the lazer as an example of what makes a good approach forcer) falco lazer) and shut down their approaches (which is only snake, and kinda rob. Desynched blizzard outranges pretty much everyone elses moveset.)

Marth and Gaw and MK are 50/50 to 45/55, but if you are calling those bad MUs, then lol.

The biggest flaw in ICs is that they do badly on lots of stages, but most are actually managable if you practice on them and ban brinstar.

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
ROB vs ICs is 60-40 with each board saying its char has the advantage lol

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
ROB vs ICs is 60-40 with each board saying its char has the advantage lol
You are lookiung at the old IC MU thread. It was origionally 65/35 rob's advantage, then they put up 2 8 month lod games of Lain winning against robs, slapped 6/4 IC advantage, and promptly made a new MU thread.

IMO, it's 6/4 rob. Rediscussion is needed.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Ankoku said:
Attention everyone. I'm currently not at my usual house, college, state, country, or even continent. So there will be no updates until I get back at the end of the month. Sorry.
China, huh? Cool beans.

Tarmogoyf said:
Wat? ICs have like 2 or 3 bad MUs lol. They have a few 45/55s, but they only truley lose to Snake and Rob.
Aah, I was mistaken then. I thought there were more that were worse than 45/55. :/

etecoon

Smash Hero
Marth and Gaw and MK are 50/50 to 45/55, but if you are calling those bad MUs, then lol.
Not to say anything about who has what advantage, but I think MK does at least 5 points better vs IC's than Marth, probably just as much difficulty approaching but he does the "can't touch this" once he has a lead so much better. But I'd agree, those aren't that bad, I love my :023: so much : )

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Not to say anything about who has what advantage, but I think MK does at least 5 points better vs IC's than Marth, probably just as much difficulty approaching but he does the "can't touch this" once he has a lead so much better. But I'd agree, those aren't that bad, I love my :023: so much : )
MK is much worse on a shield though. His lack of aerial mobility means you punish misspacing (wiht grabs on powershield) much worse than marth, who can actually DI away after he hits shield.

Mk does run away better when he has the lead though, I definitley agree with that.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Your wha...?

meepxzero

Smash Master
Unless uve played me or lain dont act like you know what match ups ic win or lose in. If we were to base mks off the average mk player (not m2k) than he wouldnt have as many even or winnable match ups or be considered bannable.

well me for every other mu besides mk and lain for mk (hes better at the mk match up than me, but i know every other match up better except for pikachu cuz he plays anther all the time).

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Unless uve played me or lain dont act like you know what match ups ic win or lose in. If we were to base mks off the average mk player (not m2k) than he wouldnt have as many even or winnable match ups or be considered bannable.

well me for every other mu besides mk and lain for mk (hes better at the mk match up than me, but i know every other match up better except for pikachu cuz he plays anther all the time).
While I agree that there really isn't an IC like you out there, you gotta consider that it's the same for every character, and you've also gotta consider how much of an effect personal skill and playstyle has on the match-up.

However, the attributes of the characters do not change, regardless of who's playing them, blizzard always has the same range, and always comes out in the same number of frames.

Basically what I'm saying is that if you talk about in terms of character attributes instead of "I beat this IC", if you do it properly, the match-up should be more reliable.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Meep what do you think of the ZSS MU then? And which ones have you played just so we know where you're coming from? She has the tools to stay away from you on paper, but I know it's different in a real match.

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
how is that arrogant it kinda is the truth. Hes still a better player than me overall. He can fall back on DDD whereas i struggle slightly more with ic on some of the even match ups.
Hahah. It's not really that true, from what I can tell. I am pretty sure if he just relied on his ICs he would still rock you. I find it funny how you try to act like you and him are at the same level with ICs. Tournament results don't really show that. I mean, don't get me wrong, your good with them, but its like comparing allys snake to samurai pandas. Their is just a big difference. I mean, Lain put ICs on the map and made them something that top players feared, all you did was show they weren't crap... Without Lain, ICs would still be questionable middle tier stuff. He could take them to high or top. So I highly doubt that you know the match-ups better, if your not close to as good as he is.... You know?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Jeeezz people...

Diddy > Ice Climbers.

I mean how is ROB being mentioned when Diddy is so much better in the match up.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Without Lain, ICs would still be questionable middle tier stuff.
I agree with this. I remember when ICs were struggling to even make it to high tier, haha. Ahhh good times.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Well if anything that's a ....refreshing change of attitude.
Hahah, yeah, seriously. You don't hear that anymore. No one's ever happy he's winning. The more he wins, the more people hate him. Sigh.

At least I can be happy that IC's are winning now hehe ;D (People don't ban them please :()

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom