• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
For the AZonetwostep results, I'm the Timotee that got 7th. Your results list doesn't have a character by my name, so if you needed the info, I played Wario/Ness. Dabbled in other characters, but those two were in every set, since I know you only want 1 or 2 chars per person.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I like the mini up-to-date rankings you've added. Good idea and saves you the trouble of multiple big changes in numbers through the week.

foxsmasher

Smash Cadet
Hopefully ness and claus mainers can actually move up the list. They are downplayed as one of the worst characters to use in a tourney because of the CG'S.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if for the PAL version of SSBB (if it comes out) they will nerf Snake and MK.
i doubt they will make any changes to characters due to the fact that it will cause online issues. so if they were to buff TL for example and increased his uair dmg by lets say 6% a fresh hit at the right time will display an increase of 20% on the pal version and an increase of 14% on the other versions. that would cause problems as the next hit would cause differences in knockback. that would lead to errors and disconnections and what not.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Tourny thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170909

Tourny results thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4757011#post4757011

Entry fee: $15

Number of entrants: 50

1: Inui (Marth/Pit/Dedede) (he didn't win any matches with his Pit and used him like twice)
2: dmbrandon (Meta Knight)
3: Blue Shell (Wario)
4: BlackWaltz (Olimar)
5: Atomsk (Dedede)
5: Bajisci (ROB)
7: Ether (Snake)
7: Lord Knight (Dedede)
Haha, only one Snake and one Metaknight in dis top 8. What is wrong with NJ?!

ETA: Also, the venue took 35% of the initial pot.

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have any explanations for why Toon Link isn't doing well other than people aren't playing as him? He seems to have pretty good match-ups across the board.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Have you been using any tournaments I've been going to? I've gotten Peach a couple of good placings recently, and I don't think its reflected :(

Ok here I'll provide it, maybe you used it maybe not but here :

Ownapalooza: Antioch, CA June 8 2008

58 entrants

1- Snake
2 - Metaknight
3- Snake
4- Zelda/ ZSS
5 - Snake
5 - Diddy
7 - Wolf
7 - Peach

Oscular's 562 tounrey : May 31 2008

23 entrants

1- Snake
2- Peach
3 - Pit
4 - DK
5- Wario

Not sure about the rest ^_^

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Wow, this is just great, Luigi is in the neverused category. Let's all call this great character TRASH now! And once again, Mario is over Luigi, it's like this every Smash game. I can understand the first two games, but NOT this one, Luigi has better match ups, and is superior to Mario.

Same with Toon Link and Zelda, since they are underused, we must procceed to call them garbage now.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Stop being a moron. Don't complain about a character's placement just because you're not good enough to win some big tournaments with that character and bring him/her/it up in rank yourself.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Anyone have any explanations for why Toon Link isn't doing well other than people aren't playing as him? He seems to have pretty good match-ups across the board.
Its because People can't use him to his full power. Thats how I see it atleast. Some people dont put in enough time or hard work with these characters and thus they come off as low tiers or w/e. Until one day one Person or People use these characters to thier full extend and know what the heck they are doing with them, and know all thier match ups. thats why I dont bother with thier opinions. Cause people dont even know it all with thier character or matchs ups. all of them to give a full tier placeing.

This is just me though. My opinion and how I always felt ever since the tier talk came about. The same way you feel with TL is how I feel with Peach.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Wow, this is just great, Luigi is in the neverused category. Let's all call this great character TRASH now! And once again, Mario is over Luigi, it's like this every Smash game. I can understand the first two games, but NOT this one, Luigi has better match ups, and is superior to Mario.

Same with Toon Link and Zelda, since they are underused, we must procceed to call them garbage now.
Please shut up. There are plenty of characters that are underused. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you win with your character.

If you're the only Luigi main in your area, win and up his ranking. This is raw data, based on facts, not opinionated, so your opinions on his matchups don't matter.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

This is just me though. My opinion and how I always felt ever since the tier talk came about. The same way you feel with TL is how I feel with Peach.
Peach will go up; she gained a decent number of points before my reset thanks to NikoK and Edreese, among others, and I'm sure they haven't abandoned Peach, so she'll probably still be gaining points.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
MELEE-FC: Quest Results! 6/21/08
1. Overswarm (R.O.B.)
2. KishSquared (Bowser)
3. Joshu (King Dedede)
4. Tink (Wario)
5. Kel (MetaKnight)
5. Iggy (MetaKnight)
7. Blood Hawk (Lucario)
7. KirkQ (R.O.B.)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
That archive linked on the first page seems to be missing a loooot of big stuff, like Montage's two events, SWR III, and Terrabite. You probably just didnt get to it yet.

TOURNAMENT: Clash of the Titans III
LINK: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173620
DATE: June 1, 2008
LOCALE: Atlantic North
ENTRANTS: 30
ENTRY: $10.00
RESULTS:
1 Mew2King (King Dedede/Meta Knight)
2 Velocity (Mr. Game & Watch)
3 Jman (Snake)
4 Inui (Marth)
5 Emblem Lord (Marth)
5 Keitaro (Falco)
7 RyokoYaksa (Zelda/Sheik)
7 NinjaLink (Diddy Kong)
And that fix might help Diddy Kong a bit.

I see a flaw in your math system since it doesn't take the size of tournaments into account nearly as well as it should(at least it looks that way) or who's using the characters(sadly that would be nearly impossible).

Blue Shell, I 2-0'd Bajisci with Pit right before I played you. I used Pit and won against another top placer.

SlyNinja

Smash Rookie
The game hasn't been out long enough for an in depth tier list to be done, I'd expect the mid and lower ranks to shift like crazy until more techniques are discovered with different characters.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
So the current list is the "Most up-to-date rankings, no details", while the long one awaits to be updated with the stuff below+points?

D

Deleted member

Wow, I sure am sick of losing to Snake over and over again I find it almost impossible to beat a snake player with G&W. I have beaten Snake in an online tourney twice with DK though

Steck

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame that nobody uses Yoshi. As a fighter he is not exactly garbage material. I guess few people actually want to play as him. Or he can't stand up against Snake.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It's a shame that nobody uses Yoshi. As a fighter he is not exactly garbage material. I guess few people actually want to play as him. Or he can't stand up against Snake.
Snake isn't the problem at all.

Yoshi can't jump out of shield. This is why I and many others refuse to use him.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Yoshi can't jump out of shield. This is why I and many others refuse to use him.
I swear to god that if anyone else says this I'm gonna slap a ho.
NOT JUMPING OUT OF SHIELD IS NOT A PROBLEM. It's Yoshi's shield game in GENERAL that makes his defense so awful. Have you ever considered that Yoshi's shield has some benefits? Like, for example, he can't get shield stabbed. Therefore the effects of some moves like G-Dub's bair are greatly reduced (not that he wins that matchup). Come on people... stop saying something that isn't that important in Brawl. Good Yoshis can rarely be put on the defensive by most characters anyway, so stop whining.
/rant

I'm actually far more surprised about Link. I mean, sure his recovery is sub-awful, but it does seem like he should have some good things going for him...
*goes to research Link*

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Not being able to jump out of shield sucks massively. I said it's why I don't use him. It's also why most of the people I know don't use him. I'd much rather have the negative effects of shield stabbing than not be able to jump out of shield. Also, it would appear that Yoshi's animation when he drops his shield is longer.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Not jumping out of shield sucks, and Yoshi's unshield animation is indeed longer, unless you unshield from a roll or spotdodge.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Jumping out of shields requires tap jump on, correct? Or am I thinking of upsmashing out of shields?

/random

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Those complaining about no shield jump: have any of you actually given Yoshi a chance for an extended amount of time?

If you use his horizontal air speed correctly (which is quicker than wario/jigglypuff) to space, you'll find that you won't really need the shield jump very much. All Yoshi really needs to do from his shield is roll, which isn't bad for him. Yes, it'd be nice to have more options, but just rolling away and using aerial spacing is completely fine. Yoshi's pivot eggs are great enough for spacing too.

If only his powershield was better haha.

So yeah, his shield is poor. But does that really hurt him SO MUCH that he is unplayable? Not in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom