• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
when i checked other tier lists. falco was above metaknight. btw this tier list is kinda of a mess atm. fox should be higher
First, it isn't a tier list. It's based completely off tourney results and fox can only be as high as he has placed (which isn't very high). Second, it's pretty established that Snake and Metaknight are the top 2.

Puddin

Smash Lord
yeah where are Link and Samus? it's not that they haven't placed (although they may not have..) the bottom of the list says 0-5 points, so shouldn't they at least get some recognition? Olimar is doing better then I expected, with his three harder match ups being above him (except for Snake)

Kilut

Smash Cadet
Ankoku, I love this thread so much, and I appreciate all the work that you are putting into this.
I know you have a lot of work to do, but I was wondering if you could just put a couple small(and when I say small, I mean humongous, and bolded) rules at the top of the OP that say read these before posting and have things such as
1. This is NOT a tier list
2. Don't spam my thread with things such as "OMG fox should be higher on this tier list he totally rapez!!1!11one!!11!exclamationpoint!1!" or "L0ok at my tournament wereh I wins first places wiht Captainan Flacon!1! Thears n0 lInk cuzz iT was just me and my freindzsz"
3. Don't tell me to move somebody up on the list, that's your job as a______main
4. Post your tournament in the following style
Name
Link
Where
When
# of entrants(at least 16)
Entry fee/Prize money
List of top8 and who they mained
6. Don't ask stupid questions
7. This is NOT a tier list.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Updated the list just now, complete with Pokémon tier labels. : P

Ilex

Smash Ace
Dammit, I was hoping for G&W to regain his #6 spot. And wow, did Wario ever shoot back up.

EDIT: WTF, Snake has almost twice as many points as his runner-up.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Updated the list just now, complete with Pokémon tier labels. : P
You should just use the abbreviations like NU, UU, etc... just to mess with people. Haha, didn't know you played competitive pokemon.

Looking at the list, it's once again looking like it's going to turn out the same way as the previous list.

I hope people do realize that no matter what weird way they want you to alter this list to account for tournament size or whether or not there were 29727927493 Snakes and 1 Yoshi in a tournament, it's not going to change things.

I really feel people just hoped to see Snake drop or their favourite character rise due to the changes and such. But really, it wasn't necessary looking at how the list is already panning out.

Heck, look at Fox. Even with the fact there are 3 Fox players total in the entire world (exaggeration) and he only has 2 placements, he still manages to be in the same area he was before.

I can easily see the random deviations from the previous list fixing themselves over time, suck as Pikachu rising back up much like Wario rose back up.

I just have a request, while keeping this list, could you please continue with the previous list (don't worry about Summer or Spring, just the overall list). I find that much more useful as it isn't skewed by random factors people want it to be skewed by with hopes they'll randomly see Snake drop from #1.

You don't have to do so, I just find the new list less useful to be honest as it accounts for random tidbits of information, that as I can already tell don't matter.

Thanks for all the work though and remember I'm always willing to help you with anything.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I'm loving the use of-

Uber
OU
BL
UU
NU

-for tiers. These remind of my competitive pokemon battling days.

Edit: I'm sorry but Smogon says Lucario is OU. SpecsLuke is just too good and SD Lucario can sweep too easily.

/joke

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think it's about time to just say Snake is ranked as God at this time. Jeez, he has almost twice as many points as MK.

New England, it's time to stop using him.

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
I find it surprising that Toon Link, Diddy Kong, and Wolf are not doing better.

Anyone have good explanations for why the above three haven't been doing well?

I think it's about time to just say Snake is ranked as God at this time. Jeez, he has almost twice as many points as MK.

New England, it's time to stop using him.

I hope a Surge of DKs, Olimars, and Pikachus maybe soon joins in the NE scene, we need some ****ing Snake exterminators there -_-.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I hope a Surge of DKs, Olimars, and Pikachus maybe soon joins in the NE scene, we need some ****ing Snake exterminators there -_-.
Coming from MK main who easily ***** Olimar, lol.

. Even with the fact there are 3 Fox players total in the entire world (exaggeration) and he only has 2 placements, he still manages to be in the same area he was before.
I hope that isn't an exaggeration but an under-exaggeration, lol. It really is based more on the popularity of a character, because then more people will use that character, and that character will obviously start placing high in tournaments because so many people use them, it's inevitable. Of course the fact that they **** most every character they face, that has a little something to do with it too XD

Puddin

Smash Lord
lol, I know it doesn't mean MK is good against Snake, but if Olimar started getting higher ranked and beating all the Snakes then all the MKs would just beat Olimar back down :laugh:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, at least Pit is at least standard, even though I'm on his side.
Its a shame that Bowser isnt being used much... Only because of his slow speed. I still use Boozer nonetheless.
That reminds me, how did MK drop down anyways? I thought he was top. Im guessing that he has some problems against projectile users, and lacks projectiles?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
yah, Olimar is never going to get the credit he deserves. B/c MK is such a hard Olimar counter, he has the hardest time winning tourneys out of most of the high tier characters imo.

Amide

Smash Lord
Well, at least Pit is at least standard, even though I'm on his side.
Its a shame that Bowser isnt being used much... Only because of his slow speed. I still use Boozer nonetheless.
That reminds me, how did MK drop down anyways? I thought he was top. Im guessing that he has some problems against projectile users, and lacks projectiles?

Well, MK went down some and Snake went up some. The result is Snake is doing much better than MK, but that was expected anyway.

Puddin

Smash Lord
WeeGee should be god tier lol. A lot of Warios in that tournament. Sadly Olimar will never be in first place, unless we discover some kind of godly AT that is an absolute MK destroyer Olimar will always have to live in the shadows of high tiers, mainly ROB and MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom