• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finch

Smash Lord
Upsmashing out of shield requires tap jump. Jumping out of shield requires to the ability to press a jump button while holding shield. Unless you jump with the control stick.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Upsmashing out of shield requires tap jump. Jumping out of shield requires to the ability to press a jump button while holding shield. Unless you jump with the control stick.
Just doublechecking. I don't really think much of the inputs for what I do while I'm playing, so I can't recall if I shieldjump or not.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
No, it's not required. All that's needed is the jump button input, and if you have the tap jump on, it just makes it easier.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
C3's June Jamboree Results MD/VA (6/21)
1. M2K (MK/DDD)
2. Omni (MK)
3. Chillindude829 (Snake/DDD/Falco)
4. Nacker (ROB)
5. Azen (Lucario)
5. Velocity (G&W)
7. Hova (Peach)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Um... Why isn't Ness listed in the summer rankings when Timotee got 7th using Wario/Ness?

Did you not count the tournament?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
sage, if you're looking at most recent without details and missing ness, it is because he moved up to C.

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
i dont like this list at all, zamus is said to have one top 8, BUT if you look in the zamus tournement listing thread, she has SEVERAL more then that

unless this is only summer details.....if so then ignore hahaha

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i guess someone has to Rep yoshi. Jumping out of the Shield isnt that important for him. He is one of the few Chars with really good combos. He has great Power + Speed + Quick Moves + he can jump THROUGH most of the other chars attacks and hit them with his own. Yoshi has a fairly quick Grab so long as you don't miss. The only tournament i went to i played pretty much all Yoshi. and placed 5th.

Also he counters Olimar's Campyness with the Egg Roll.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
It's not just jumping out of shield, it's doing any thing at all out-of-shield. He can't jump, space or punish with jabs or tilts, grab is generally too slow to shield-grab. Shield-poke immunity isn't worth not being able to do a god **** thing from his shield. Shame, he's actually pretty good otherwise. Unfortunately, it's an incredible disadvantage to be excluded from shield play in a game where it's hard to say most any character is truly "bad" and defense is the predominant strategy. It's too big of a strike against him.

Lack of a true third jump also leads to occasionally embarrassing gimps and, while he has game-best aerial mobility by a smidgen, he lacks the control that the aforementioned Wario/Jiggly have...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Remember, discussion is fun, but this list doesn't change just because you THINK someone's good or bad.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Hmm, I'm a little confused. On the OP, the ranking list at the bottom has Ness in CRank, but the other one has Ness in the unused-rank...Why is he in CRank on the "up-to-date" rankings? Does that mean he made some points that haven't been calculated into the rankings yet or something?

Nestec

Smash Ace
Wtf, cool!! So does that mean Ness actually placed in a/some tournament(s) recently??

goodkid

Smash Lord
I thought Bowser got a second place, I don't see him up there on the list, but I see him in the reference links.

Chip.

you know what to do
Why does it say toon Link only has two top 8 placements? Did you remove my ranking of getting 1st at EWU II? D=

Also, where's Link lol? Deva has been placing top 5 and sometimes top 3 at every WA tournament going ALL Link XD. Unless I missed Link's name on the list, then it's a pretty big mistake >_>. If you need me to hand out tourney results for that I'm more than willing to ^_^.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'd appreciate it, actually. Just follow the format I use for my reference list. It looks like this:

TOURNAMENT: Cyberden
LINK: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173254
DATE: May 31, 2008
LOCALE: Atlantic North
ENTRANTS: 73
ENTRY: $10.00
RESULTS:
1 Azen Zagenite (Lucario/Snake)
2 Lukky (Meta Knight)
3 Korn (Meta Knight/Snake)
4 Nacker (ROB)
5 Chinesahh (Wolf)
5 Kaiser-GL (King Dedede)
7 Chu Dat (Falco)
7 Ntpetit (Meta Knight)

Chip.

you know what to do
all is brawl is being hella gay right now so I can't really get the tourney results at the moment (nor can I remember them off the top of my head). xD

oh btw, I think we should all thank Ankoku and give him a big hug for doing all his hard work calculating results and constantly updating this **** list.

THANK YOUZ ANKOKU ^______^

edit- what about my victory with toon Link =[?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I started over and didn't want to bother looking back through EVERYTHING, but I am only accepting results as early as May. If you can find the results where you won, I'll add it in.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Ankoku I think there is a mistake. YNO is the only pikachu rep I could find. The placing was fourth at WABA. So how does pikachu have two top 8s?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ron placed 5th with Pika at a NYC Weekly. I'm not sure what happened to the other top8 Pika, though....

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Alright I see Ron's fifth now. I can't find another top 8 though in fact I can't find another Pikachu on there.

So pikachu has YNO fourth and Ron fifth. That should be a top 4 and a top 8 right?

EDIT:::

Which would be

4*10*22/160
+
1 * 10* 33/160

If I understood your formula and did the math right that should be 7.5625

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Snake- 47
Metaknight- 49
Mr. Game and Watch -13
Marth -22
Falco 14
R.O.B. 27
Toon Link 3
Pit 7
Zelda 6
Olimar 15 olimar
Wolf 10
Wario 19
Pikachu 2
Ice Climbers 5
King Dedede 27
Kirby 6
Diddy Kong 4
Fox 5
Lucario 11
Zero Suit Samus 1
Lucas 3
Donkey Kong 8
Ness 2
Luigi 2
Mario 1
Sheik 1
Peach 5
Bowser 2
Pokemon Trainer 1
Ike 3
Sonic 2
Link 0 as far as I could find
Samus 3
Yoshi 0 as far as I could find
Jigglypuff 1
Gannon 2
Captain Falcon 1

I went through your source to count up how many times a character of a character were used. Maybe I will edit this and see if I can find out how many people play which character.

asob4

Smash Champion
TOURNAMENT: Shuffle and Cut
LINK: http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=1649
DATE: June 14, 2008
LOCALE: Pacific West
ENTRANTS: 48
ENTRY: $8.00
RESULTS:
1 Futile (Wario)
2 Teba (King Dedede)
3 Shadow (ROB)
4 C0nnor (Metaknight)
5 Danimals (Marth)
5 Boa (Marth)
7 Aero
7 Insomniak (Mr. Game & Watch)

uhmm Ankoku, BoA used Lucario not Marth. he used Marth once the entire tourney and Aero used King DeDeDe
thought that should be pointed out

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Thanks for pointing that out to me, I've fixed it and I'll upload the fixed version along with my normal update on Saturday.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Ankoku, would you want the results of an in-school tourney or no? It was actually 32 entrants, though the rules (Stuck with main and alt chars, only Final D, single elim) sucked.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The top 4 are all good players, the rest being from decent to ehhhhh.

Whatevs, here are the results:

1: Bajisci - ROB
2: hAlf - Ice Climbers
3: Apple - Olimar
3: Thiocyanide - ZSS
5: VICE - Falco
5: Mullins - Pit
5: Weinger - Diddy Kong
5: Rappaport - Wolf

fkacyan

Smash Hero
$5, and it was called MHS Brawl.

EDIT: Though, due to idiocy, not all of the winnings were given out to those who needed it. I think we barely got our entry fees back because of the way in which it was run -.

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
LUCAS IN TIER E????? HE can reflect and absorb projectiles, can use zap jump combined with magnet pull and pk thunder to get a great recovery, has 2 spikes, and has a spammale pk fire that has a great wavebounce!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom