• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Ok for this, if the player is patient, thats half the batte right there. And I don't know about the other match ups with IC and how hard it is or how to get past thier camping with them, But Peach can deal with that. If they camp with blizzard, turnips stop them, I have more range with that.

I'm not gonna get into the match up with them in here.this was already talked about. And with all of this, it is 60-40. We talked about ways to deal with the blizzard, and N-B spamming.

Also IMO, I think people don't right them correctly. When you seperate them, always go after Nana. They always keep fight popo. get the ***** out of the way. And if you see the player closing up on you, then go back to how you was figting till they get seperated. You do this and get Nana out of the way, you reduce or just kill the chances of getting chain grabbed.

But this is just me though and people don't have to agree but this is how I fight them and I think it is smart.
Ok, I'll stop talking about matchup stuff in here too, but I just want to say one final thing. You talk about how turnips counter blizzard but I don't think you're taking into account how IC's can counter turnip by making it hard to get one out or changing their style to deal with it. But I do also want to point out that I don't know much about Peach's game and when I argue like this, I try to stay unbiased and generally take the opposing side to bring up points that people overlook.

Its funny how I don't have a say in these things :D
Fine then, if you want to complain so much, then I'll revoke your invitation to play with us at your apartment too XD

Then I realized.......brawl makes people cocky or become asshats cause they were not much in melee and somewhat are in brawl. This game is the anti-christ for personality.
I think it's more like, he sucked in melee and he doesn't suck in brawl.

also, yea, bowyer is total garbage.
OMG, where is this hate coming from?!?! lol <3's

Falcon boards are almost as worthless as the Jiggz boards.
I seriously hope you're joking. I've done a lot of work cleaning that place up (especially spam and respect wise) and seriously take offense to that comment if you aren't joking.

LOL, Lucas...

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
If a Ganondorf player ever wins a tournament by using his super-jump and Murder Punching Snake/Metaknight/ROB/ anyone else who can go that high, he deserves his own spot in the rank and a constant score of over 9000.

We really shouldn't be provoking Lucas, though. I mean, who else can reflect Samus' high-energy proton blasts with a stick? I'd be pretty scared of that.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL I used to main Lucas, glad I jumped off that boat when I did.

On that note we need some low tier brawl tournaments :).

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Wow Lucas and Ness are doing terrible. I wonder if its because players have discovered how to beat Lucas and Ness. The Up B move is so easy to gimp because if you try to take the hit from Ness's Up B, Ness is pretty much screwed. Plus they are both easy to spike as well

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. @bowyer, my bad, forgot to put the loljk, super <3 bowyer, on the end of my last comment, but you know it was there...

2. thread title is super lulzy, i hope he keeps changing it like this...

3. do we really need more low tier tourneys? sonic ***** all of them as it is...
hes the meta knight of low tier lol

Adapt

Smash Lord
3. do we really need more low tier tourneys? sonic ***** all of them as it is...
I went checking for low tier results and Ness won both of the low tier tourneys that I found

Granted, Sonic does do really well in low tier, but Ness has him beat from what I can find.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol

XD

i no rite?

EDIT: @Adapt, I think that was more of a joke. I said to him that at my last low tier tournament people were counter picking Sonic with Sonic (even the non-Sonic mains) just because they thought it increased their chances of winning. We had like a total of 10 Sonic dittos, lol.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The topic is Lucas for Top Tier.
lrn2read

He kills his brother and soon after ends all of civilization in Mother 3.

BROKEN.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Exactly my point.

How can you even consider him for Top Tier, when his tournament results are crap.

lrn2make connections

^^^^^^^^I also coined that term around here.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Because we're obviously joking about him being Top Tier? >_>

Did I miss something subtle that was supposed to be inferred or what?

Maybe it's just you, or you're joking too.

I hate the internet.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Don't blame the internet, blame the cat in the hat, and lack of Lucas'.
I actually find Lucas pretty scary; partly because the Lucas main in my area is simply much better than me, but also his Nair eats Sonic pretty hard.

Also blame the Sonic mains that have taken over this page. A peach is okay too.

:054:

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
lol I just wanted to say "lrn2make connections". Seeing as KID pointed out you stole a coinage of his, I wanted to do likewise.

<3

And I love how CiTH always gets blamed.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, who am I kidding, I love the internet.

I honestly think Lucas can catch you off guard if you're playing a GOOD one for the first time, but even then it's not to difficult to learn the matchup. Maybe it's just me but I feel Lucas doesn't have too much that really makes him stand out. Dsmash and Usmash are both very powerful, but they have a lot of ending lag. If you miss, it's almost guaranteed to be punished.

PKT and PKT2 are pretty awesome, but there really isn't much else :/

*hopes for some Lucas mains to come support their character?*

EDIT@CiTH - ...wigga-what?

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Omg what the hell happened to Ness!?! He's 2nd from bottom now :mad:.

And why does D rank only have 2 characters now?

EDIT: Ok now I know someone has been messing with the rankings, Captian Falcon CANNOT be seriously that high and Falco can't be that far ahead of Snake aready.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Da Man, this list only takes into account the results from DECEMBER and DECEMBER ALONE. It's not a complete list, so it could drastically change the next time it's updated...

Which we've said multiple times.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Lucas sucks in tourneys...

Up throw is only move that has potential...
LMFAO. no. actually it's his dthrow learn a char before you talk about him. his uthrow is pointless.
Yeah, who am I kidding, I love the internet.

I honestly think Lucas can catch you off guard if you're playing a GOOD one for the first time, but even then it's not to difficult to learn the matchup. Maybe it's just me but I feel Lucas doesn't have too much that really makes him stand out. Dsmash and Usmash are both very powerful, but they have a lot of ending lag. If you miss, it's almost guaranteed to be punished.

PKT and PKT2 are pretty awesome, but there really isn't much else :/

*hopes for some Lucas mains to come support their character?*

EDIT@CiTH - ...wigga-what?
dsmash is ok punishes happy spotdodgers well. usmash is only good for charging mindgames. fsmash is one of the best fsmashes in the game. i think that it is top 5 for best fsmashes in the game, with lucario, wario etc.

lucas actually has a pretty good spacing game, with pk fire. frame 6 ftilt with decent range IASA frames and some knockback to boot. frame 2 jab as a get out my face move.

He has a little combo potential at low precentages. dthrow -> utilt is a true combo on everyone and you can start with baiting and predicting from there. nair to ftilt/utilt/jab works. he has a combo ( dair -> dtilt -> any smash) that kills if the opponent doesn't tech and if they do it just turns into an easy tech chase. his uair has alot of priority. PKT is good for edge guarding. freeze helps to edgeguard chars like dk with a linear recovery. his bair is a good spike and if you miss the spike hitbox you can dair immediately afterwards for 20% and a weak spike.

"blah blah he still hasn't won any tournaments"

nobody plays him :(
and the people that do play him, either A) don't go to tournaments B) aren't good C) live out of the country.

our boards are trash. we talk about nothing, and we just started to get into more competitive talk.

still... he sucks and i hate him lol.

D

Deleted member

Lol@ people talking about a character they know nothing about. He isnt a good character, he still has tons of stuff he can do. Dsmash and usmash arent even worth mentioning besides on luigis mansion, his dair ***** his nair *****, if he gets the momentum you're gonna take 30-50 damage, if you get caught in PKT 2 you take like 30 damage, dair knocks opponent down at higher percents which leads to dtilt jab locks which leads to fsmash which is amazing.

Lucas gets ***** by marth and MK and G&W tho =(

Lucas for low tier

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Lucas gets ***** by marth and MK and G&W tho =(

Lucas for low tier
This.

This is the biggest thing hurting us, in my opinion. "The Deadly 4", we call 'em-- Meta Knight, Marth, G&W, and DK. Every single one of Lucas' hardest matchups are high/god tier, which is pretty much a worst case scenario...

Also, like Pink said, not too many people play him, and those of us that do probably aren't seen as stellar by the Smash community...

Maybe if NinjaLink used him more often... :ohwell:

Noraa

Smash Lord
Lucas is good, you all just have not played a good one.
For the people who said "im happy i jumped off the bandwagon", well good for you for not wanting to learn a character with a curve.
Pivot grab *****, nair *****, dair *****, mind games are countless.
If your not in the "fatal 4" or what ever we call it then expect to get beat by the real lucas mains.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
This.

This is the biggest thing hurting us, in my opinion. "The Deadly 4", we call 'em-- Meta Knight, Marth, G&W, and DK. Every single one of Lucas' hardest matchups are high/god tier, which is pretty much a worst case scenario...

Also, like Pink said, not too many people play him, and those of us that do probably aren't seen as stellar by the Smash community...

Maybe if NinjaLink used him more often... :ohwell:
Okay, seriously. Take that out of your sig. You're the only one on the Lucas boards who's still butt hurt over that.

Sorry for the forum drama, and to be on topic:

Lucas is a character that was almost good. Almost. He's just priority-***** by those 4 top tier characters. That's his biggest issue by far.

I'm honestly looking into things that could break Lucas into Mid or even High Tier. I want to advance his metagame, and I think it can be done.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm suprised on how Mario is lower than Luigi =(
You should know this! As a Mario main/Luigi secondary (or did that just switch? Your post bit has Luigi now) you should know that Luigi's killing power and better recovery make him better than Mario. Mario only beats Luigi in terms of speed and gimping. Luigi wins in everything else.

Luigi isn't that much better than Mario, but he still is better.

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
From what i see, the Deadly 4 **** lucas.
So without the deadly 4 in the game, where would lucas be?
and are the deadly 4 a good enough reason for him to be low tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom