• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
No, seriously, turnips don't get stopped by Blizzard. Why does nobody believe me?
You crossed it out in an earlier post so I thought that you once thought that and found it to be untrue... you might want to edit your earlier post then...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You crossed it out in an earlier post so I thought that you once thought that and found it to be untrue... you might want to edit your earlier post then...
I was assuming lain had found some super secret tech because he had reached a heightened metagame where normal ways of beating attacks don't matter because he'll deathline grab you from across the stage..

As far as I know, Meta Knight has a bit of trouble with this, as do Marth, Dedede, and maybe Snake?

Adapt

Smash Lord
Hey Ankoku,

What are the rankings like if you add in the previous season to the december data? (I asked once before but no one commented)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Drk Peach: The problem with IC's isn't the grab, it's getting around blizzard while being careful not to get grabbed. I seriously don't think Peach is very capable of getting around blizzard if the IC player is smart with desynchs... and nobody better bring up toad because that's a really easy way to get grabbed... and even if IC's never get a grab. Having to be extremely careful for 8 minutes leads to the positions where grabs are easy to avoid but taking a little bit of damage is not so much, and if that goes on for long enough, they'll be able to just kill you without a grab.
If a player is patient, being careful for 8 mins is nothing to them. they do what they will have too in order to make sure they play it safe and win.

Getting that out of the way. Blizzard can be gone though with turnips. Also, If I am not mistakin, I can DI back out of it. So You won't really get a grab follow up so easy.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I was assuming lain had found some super secret tech because he had reached a heightened metagame where normal ways of beating attacks don't matter because he'll deathline grab you from across the stage..
lol, Lain just likes to be cocky as hell and say things that noone in the right mind knows is true in order to... umm... I'm not really sure why? lol <3 Lain

Ankoku said:
As far as I know, Meta Knight has a bit of trouble with this, as do Marth, Dedede, and maybe Snake?
Define "this". I didn't really follow where you were coming from with this line.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
"This" being Desynched Blizzards. I haven't really looked into Snake, but Dedede's everything gets stopped by the Blizzard, and Meta Knight and Marth lose their most direct path of approach.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
LOL at wolf falling from 113th.... if you dont believe me.. check first post...
Its really amazing how some characters get so little tourny representation, wolf has tons of potential, and now hes pretty low, and lucas, hes not amazing, but come on, zero!!!??

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
lol, Lain just likes to be cocky as hell and say things that noone in the right mind knows is true in order to... umm... I'm not really sure why? lol <3 Lain
He was never like that in melee. Then again, thats how it was with alot of people, then brawl came in. It's a fresh start, a new game, and once you get good, people get cocky and talk so much crap and think they are king/queen.

welcome to Super Smash bros brawl.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
If a player is patient, being careful for 8 mins is nothing to them. they do what they will have too in order to make sure they play it safe and win.

Getting that out of the way. Blizzard can be gone though with turnips. Also, If I am not mistakin, I can DI back out of it. So You won't really get a grab follow up so easy.
Yeah, it is somewhat easy to avoid grabs by being patient and yeah, blizzard rarely, if ever, leads to a grab because people go out of it, but the problem comes when he starts controlling the stage with the blizzard crap, backs you to the edge and forces you to go over him giving him an opportunity to up air you.

The matchups vs IC's with really any character is basically, you use very safe moves that have trouble connecting with the IC's while the IC's camps you and makes it really hard for you to touch them. You're basically just poking each other for a few percent a time until either the IC kills you with a non grab attack or you kill the nana and simply **** the hell out of the single popo.

And with the point of just playing patient and camping the IC's... this becomes a problem when the IC's start playing just as patient as you and starts camping the hell out of you back.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
"This" being Desynched Blizzards. I haven't really looked into Snake, but Dedede's everything gets stopped by the Blizzard, and Meta Knight and Marth lose their most direct path of approach.
Yeah, MK does have a terrible time getting through blizzard, but it generally only takes 1 separation for him to kill nana.

He was never like that in melee. Then again, thats how it was with alot of people, then brawl came in. It's a fresh start, a new game, and once you get good, people get cocky and talk so much crap and think they are king/queen.

lol, yeah, he's been like that ever since he started placing high and winning.

edit: oops, I expected someone to post in between my two posts

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Do people need a reason to know why Sonic sucks?

He sucks, learn to player, or just he sucks, period.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
OMG, you suck Ankoku... fine, if you want to be mean, then your invitation to hang out with us at Panda's house has been revoked XD.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

Are... are you serious? lain's always been cocky, it's just that he wasn't really known outside of Michigan and now he is. And now that he is, he's posting everywhere so everyone can see his arrogance. : P

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yeah, it is somewhat easy to avoid grabs by being patient and yeah, blizzard rarely, if ever, leads to a grab because people go out of it, but the problem comes when he starts controlling the stage with the blizzard crap, backs you to the edge and forces you to go over him giving him an opportunity to up air you.

The matchups vs IC's with really any character is basically, you use very safe moves that have trouble connecting with the IC's while the IC's camps you and makes it really hard for you to touch them. You're basically just poking each other for a few percent a time until either the IC kills you with a non grab attack or you kill the nana and simply **** the hell out of the single popo.

And with the point of just playing patient and camping the IC's... this becomes a problem when the IC's start playing just as patient as you and starts camping the hell out of you back.
Ok for this, if the player is patient, thats half the batte right there. And I don't know about the other match ups with IC and how hard it is or how to get past thier camping with them, But Peach can deal with that. If they camp with blizzard, turnips stop them, I have more range with that.

I'm not gonna get into the match up with them in here.this was already talked about. And with all of this, it is 60-40. We talked about ways to deal with the blizzard, and N-B spamming.

Also IMO, I think people don't right them correctly. When you seperate them, always go after Nana. They always keep fight popo. get the ***** out of the way. And if you see the player closing up on you, then go back to how you was figting till they get seperated. You do this and get Nana out of the way, you reduce or just kill the chances of getting chain grabbed.

But this is just me though and people don't have to agree but this is how I fight them and I think it is smart.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Are... are you serious? lain's always been cocky, it's just that he wasn't really known outside of Michigan and now he is. And now that he is, he's posting everywhere so everyone can see his arrogance. : P
He was not like that with me at pound 3 we played at had MM's and I won those against his fox. They are up on youtube. I think you saw them. He was actually a cool and funny dude. Then he got his hands on brawl and became this different person. even towards me. And I was like "wtf?"

Then I realized.......brawl makes people cocky or become asshats cause they were not much in melee and somewhat are in brawl. This game is the anti-christ for personality.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
lols @ everything. I'm just gunna stop, we're straying from the point on this thread, as ankoku so clearly defined in the title.

I'm calling the match up 50-50. No ones going to change that until I see proof with my own eyes.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sonic is overplayed.
if it wasnt for people like this, the thread name wouldnt have changed.

dude, what logical or factual basis do you have for this statement.

I always hear people saying that theres SOOOOO many people playing sonic, but nobody ever backs up that claim with any kind of proof. As a matter of fact, most of the data shows that theres LESS sonic mains placing with than the mains of other characters in his ranking group.

The thing I could come up with to back this statement is the fact that in the hot-botton threads, theres usually a bunch of sonic boarders posting there, such as tenki, myself, kinzer, infzy, and aeghrur. But that has absolutely no correlation to tourney attendance.

I would really love it if somebody could show me a tourney that they went to, no matter how large the attandance, that had more than 4 sonic mains present.

also, yea, bowyer is total garbage.

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
if it wasnt for people like this, the thread name wouldnt have changed.

dude, what logical or factual basis do you have for this statement.

I always hear people saying that theres SOOOOO many people playing sonic, but nobody ever backs up that claim with any kind of proof. As a matter of fact, most of the data shows that theres LESS sonic mains placing with than the mains of other characters in his ranking group.

The thing I could come up with to back this statement is the fact that in the hot-botton threads, theres usually a bunch of sonic boarders posting there, such as tenki, myself, kinzer, infzy, and aeghrur. But that has absolutely no correlation to tourney attendance.

I would really love it if somebody could show me a tourney that they went to, no matter how large the attandance, that had more than 4 sonic mains present.

also, yea, bowyer is total garbage.
lol so true man.

we need pr00f of sonic abuse

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is BS. so yea lets just end it. everyone knows Peach gets at all characters in this game, nuff said

*waits for it*

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
i always knew lucas was top tier
Lucas has sooo many good options vs the cast
He can Jump
or shield
or spotdodge
or Trip
theese also help his recovery alot
theese tools are why he is 90:10 metaknight
even snake cannot deal with constant shields or jumpings.
thats why hes top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom