• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
God d*mn. The looks of this list are so...refreshing. Falco/n are the big stories here. I love seeing Hard Nips moving up the ranks, and I absolutely hate seeing such a boring character like Falco working his way above Snake, who is a real pleasure to watch at high level play. Sorry Falco mains, but your character is boring and he CGs mah boi Ganon to hell and back. I think that Falco, more than any other character, embodies everything lame, cheap, and bad about Brawl, but what are you gonna do, right?

I look forward to seeing how this list changes in the coming weeks.

Browny

Smash Hater
EdreesesPieces Edrees Edreeses name search Pieces

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6245198#post6245198

plz.

I thought G&W would drop down to at least 10th lol. But I believe he is an interesting case to discuss.

People would always say that G&W was the easiest pick-up-and-play character for tournaments, to become good enough to place with him took very little practice, he is an incredible character on paper. Recently I've also read G&W mains say he is actually not that simple to use, the reason for his dropping tournament results is because not enough pro's are using him.

As I pointed out before, G&W has the most placings, for the least amount of points by quite a large margin compared to characters near him on this list. This would indicate that he is indeed easy to play at tournament level, many people use him, but the people maining G&W are rarely good enough to place highly to earn a lot of points. Given that he is top tier (we all know it) and is quite easy to use, then why arent more pro brawlers using him? He used to have such a high number of 2nd/1st placings at big tournaments, now it seems he is rarely used by the best players anymore.

I think its a case of as people get better, they are finding easier ways to beat G&W, suddenly he is not becoming so viable anymore. When so many other characters consistently place higher, and players capable of placing high/winning are dropping G&W as their main, Is he still the 4th most tournament viable character in the game?

I still think hes the 4th best, but ive never experienced top-end marth, falco, wario or even ROB players.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Wow, I literally laughed at the list. Not at all because its ridiculous or the list is not well made, but just because the results are so unexpected, even for that short amount of time. lol@placings.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i think that not many people ae playing G dub, because the people that play him are either Gdub fan (probably very few) or tier whores...

and if your gonna be a tier ***** and play the best character to win, why play gdub, when you can just go MK/Snake.

thats what i think

prOAPC

Smash Lord

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You got to consider pesos are a different currency... unless he means $5,000 American dollars in his country's currency, it can't be too much.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
whats the exchange rate for pesos to dollars?

lol if the entry fee was 5Gs and he won, lucas would be instant god tier in the ranking

Adapt

Smash Lord
apparently 5000 pesos is 365 dollars

which can't be right no matter how you slice it...

wait that was mexican....

5000 columbian pesos apparently equals $2.50

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
but even with the recession we are still this far above columbia...

it makes me very sad. seriously.

like, you gotta be a millionaire jsut to go shopping... WTF man?

ftl

Smash Journeyman
It's just a number. You might as well make the comparison that 5 kilopesos is worth 250 cents.

What matters is the rate of change at any given point if you're talking about economics, or the standard of living overall. But just a comparison of X dollars for Y pesos doesn't really mean much. (100 Japanese yen is $1, 8 Chinese Yuan is a dollar, and in fact the chinese one is I think fixed at that value by the chinese government, for example)

prOAPC

Smash Lord
you don't have to be a millionaire to go shopping -.-
let's say that an american middle class family is like a colombian high class family, more or less
i'm middle class, we are a nuclear family, dad, mom, and 3 siblins, we live in an apparment with 3 rooms, 3 tvs, 5 laptops (lol), so yeah, we have everything we need, we are a common family here

gantrain05

Smash Master
because without economics we wouldn't have video games :O j/k my lucas is awesome ;) sonic boarders are everywhere :O
sonic boards own swf, just nobody realizes it yet lol, go to like any forum about ANYTHING that even has the word sonic somewhere in the forum and you will find 10+ consecutive pages of sonic mains lol.

infomon

Smash Scientist
we are a nuclear family
O snap, colombia haz nukez!!!!

:054:

Also, ppl are taking these results waaaayy too seriously. It almost worries me, I wonder if the good players aren't just giving up on Brawl, whereas the Sonic mains (who we all know never give up >.>) can finally achieve some wins without the tough competition :laugh:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sonic boards own swf, just nobody realizes it yet lol, go to like any forum about ANYTHING that even has words about anything somewhere in the forum and you will find 10+ consecutive pages of sonic mains lol.
fixed that up for you.
Also, ppl are taking these results waaaayy too seriously. It almost worries me, I wonder if the good players aren't just giving up on Brawl, whereas the Sonic mains (who we all know never give up >.>) can finally achieve some wins without the tough competition :laugh:
dont give them ammo... we make it too easy sometimes.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Despite what the results say, don't let it bring you down. Sonic still sucks, it's just that our Weekly Character Discussion got closed, no one remembers how to beat Sonic. Just put up a wall of D-tilt, Sonic can't get trough that. Also Sonic has absolutely no priority, especially on U-air.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Despite what the results say, don't let it bring you down. Sonic still sucks, it's just that our Weekly Character Discussion got closed, no one remembers how to beat Sonic. Just put up a wall of D-tilt, Sonic can't get trough that. Also Sonic has absolutely no priority, especially on U-air.
Don't forget he's top tier with items on, and use diddy because his dash attack doesn't pick up Bananas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom