• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
The thread does what it's supposed to do: reflect recent tournament results. Any inferences you make beyond that are your own problem and not a problem with the thread.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Define drunk for me in my context.

Been awake for 38 hours, was drinking, but now havn't for at least 12 (hours); can't get to sleep due to large amounts of coffee.

Wreck am I? Probably.
thats probably not healthy lol, get some sleep dude, stop drinking coffee, and good luck with that hangover you'll probably have.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Define drunk for me in my context.

Been awake for 38 hours, was drinking, but now havn't for at least 12 (hours); can't get to sleep due to large amounts of coffee.

Wreck am I? Probably.
This is a great post...

@Thread - Lucas is pretty darn awful. It's sad to see Ness that low though...at least he's above Lucas, like he should be. lol.

Browny

Smash Hater
Ankoku I think you forgot this one, I cant find it on the tournament reference .txt file (and since you have sonic listed with only 2 wins, one from espy and one from X) I did post it in this thread

awesome lan guys lol. Luck was definitely on my side yesterday night Massive thanks to Jamage for running the brawl tourneys, some 9 hours or so worth :O

SGLP 08.12 5th December 2008
Brawl 1vs1 results
Entrants: 23
Venue fee: $9 as always

1 - DJBrowny (Sonic/Lucario/Snake)
2 - Ant (Ganondorf/Snake/PT)
3 - Krill (MK)
4 - Aisuka (Pikachu)
5 - 2SXC (Marth)
6 - Jamage (G&W)
7 - James (Marth)
8 - Theif (Sheik)

more points for Sonic :)

Browny

Smash Hater
Good characters yield more people using them, but that's only if they are really good, like high or top tier. Sonic is only doing well because a million people try to use him and are extremely zealous over him.
6 :diddy: 29 placings
8 :zerosuitsamus: 13 placings
8 :marth: 22 placings

B Rank <Standard> 17.70%
10 :popo: 13 placings
10 :rob: 21 placings
10 :sonic: 11 placings
10 :olimar: 19 placings
14 :peach: 7 placings
14 :lucario: 10 placings
16 :pikachu2: 11 placings
16 :gw: 16 placings

QF... lulz.

I'm especially liking the part where the only reason sonic has any points whatsoever is because of the sheer amount of people using him, far more than any other character. Literally millions.

I dont care that you think Sonic is a bad character. EVERYONE, even Sonic mains know hes a bad character. But you can not go on claiming the only reason he performs well in this chart is because so many people use him that it skews the results. Its clearly not the case.

Lirok

Smash Journeyman

B Rank <Standard> 17.70%

QF... lulz.

I'm especially liking the part where the only reason sonic has any points whatsoever is because of the sheer amount of people using him, far more than any other character. Literally millions.

I dont care that you think Sonic is a bad character. EVERYONE, even Sonic mains know hes a bad character. But you can not go on claiming the only reason he performs well in this chart is because so many people use him that it skews the results. Its clearly not the case.
true, the only way sonic could get those points is if there are a few fair sonics out there. popularity among the casuals and noobs has no (or shouldnt) efect on tourney results.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Especially not since only the pros get the top 8.

Sonic may be popular, but that only means an even smaller group of people who can take him far exist. It could also mean that for like every 25 people that play him, only 1 of them is half good with him.

We are the few, the proud, the *shot.*

Master Raven

Smash Master
ZSS has been doing quite well lately it seems. I expect her to rise to high tier soon (IMO she's lower high).

PKNintendo

Smash Master
lulz @ absolutely 0 for lucas
XD! No one at all has played him, so it's not a matter of sucking, it's also a matter of no one likes him.

I could bull**** myself like 90% of the people here and say poor Lucas but I don't really care. **** Ness, pull up, Captain ******* Falcon is beating you.

Edit: Tournaments with spefici characters only or low tier tournaments are banned right?

Luigi player

Smash Master
Gogo Sonic! <3

Wow, Captain Falcon has 3 placings and is that high up... (wait... nobody has much more placings right now...)

Ness and Lucas aren't as bad as everyone thinks, they're just really underused (and not that good, but that doesn't mean that they're that bad >_>).

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Gogo Sonic! <3

Wow, Captain Falcon has 3 placings and is that high up...

Ness and Lucas aren't as bad as everyone thinks, they're just really underused (and not that good, but that doesn't mean that they're that bad >_>).
I mean we only had 4 weeks worth of tourney results, Ankoku said it himself.

Ankoku said:
Wow stop overreacting to about four weeks' worth of tournament data. I can only guess what would've happened if I released this last weekend when Falco was ABOVE Meta Knight.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm kinda confused now. I know that this is the new list for the new year right? So what happened to the "final" list of the last year?

Browny

Smash Hater
Here

Past Lists
Fall 2008
S: Meta Knight
A: Snake, King Dedede
B: (Falco, Marth), (Mr. Game & Watch, Wario), Lucario, (Diddy Kong, Olimar), ROB
C: Kirby, (Wolf, Peach), Pikachu, (Ice Climbers, Donkey Kong), Sonic, Zero Suit Samus
D: (Bowser, Zelda/Sheik, Toon Link, Ike, Luigi, Pit), Fox
E: (Ness, Yoshi, Mario), Pokémon Trainer, (Link, Captain Falcon), (Lucas, Samus), Jigglypuff, Ganondorf
^^^ There

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Lmao at Captain Hard Nipples being above a considerable number of people.

Good stuff whoever did that <3

Lol at Sonic still being up there though at 10th, above the likes of Llamacario and Game and Watch.

He's still very comfortably not tournament viable though right?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate

B Rank <Standard> 17.70%

QF... lulz.

This. Definitely this.

Adapt

Smash Lord
This is really awesome!
Pity ZSS won't hold her 8th place unless Snakeee and Claw place well at another big tourney each. I fully expect GaW, Marth, ROB, Peach, Olimar, and Lucario to pass her before January is out.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Bad call Edreeses lol.

Only good Sonic mains actually get placings though. In the same way that bad DK's/Toon Link's/Falcon's don't got top 8's, neither do Sonic's. Part of that is down to Sonic being a very bad character at low levels at play, but he has lots of tools and has more options then most of the cast at a higher level.

He's a difficult character to play, due to his B moves having more depth to them then most characters entire movesets. Generally, it's only fanboys who play Sonic, who aren't going to bother learning the techniques that make him tourney viable, so they're just going to go fail at tournaments.

Sonic has a lot of people playing him, yeah, if you count 10 year old scrubs who don't attend tournies as people in this context.

Probably less then 10 people who regularly attend Sonic boards have ever placed top 8 in a tourney, and half of those will have only done it once or twice.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Probably less then 10 people who regularly attend Sonic boards have ever placed top 8 in a tourney, and half of those will have only done it once or twice.
Could be worse... Could be ZSS. There's like 10 people who visit the boards regularly, and only half have placed at all. At least sonic has a fanbase.

Snakeee and Dazwa are the only 2 I can think of who have contributed to this list with more than a couple tourneys

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
rofl at Sonic above Olimar. I don't know if I can take this seriously anymore...

Adapt

Smash Lord
theres claw too.

and what about speculosity and sparrow, they place dont they?
I haven't seen Spec on this list... maybe I missed him

Sparrow places I think, But I have only seen his tourneys here twice, same with FadedImage and Claw

That's why i said "more than a couple"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom