• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
That video was...distressing.

Spinshot overhead -> bair would have saved so many dtilts.

And there's plenty of Diddy's placing there. Good stuff.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Roy, I think that vid was just a joke.

Still needs moar DTilt though, didn't that R.O.B. know that he has a 99-1 advantage on Sonic if all he does is DTilt for damage-racking/kills?

OS is breaking Sonic, he should be focusing on breaking Meta Knight.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
The reason I think sonic is bad is because the more I play against him, the easier the matchup becomes. However, when I play against many low tier characters, it doesn't get that much easier because they can also adapt to what I am doing because they have multiple tools for adapting.
O.o I think Sonic has more options than most of the cast. He also limits his OPPONENTS more than most of the cast, taking away any offensive game they might have had.

Update might be a little late. In the meantime since there are so many Sonic players here, enjoy this video. : D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDQZbtPOdFs&feature=channel_page
lol Wow..... that was SOOOOO bad.

If that's how you see Sonic I can see why you rate him so low. For me and most Sonics that was the equivalent of watching a TF2 Spy running into the enemies side without stealthing or even disguising. Everything was a frontal assault. No wonder Panda kept getting swatted away. Hell something as simple as a running shield into ROBs dtilt would have worked. SHASC would have ripped him up. You got too reckless trying to attack ROB out of the air. Sonic is spacing dependant. If you just attack like that your priority will get destroyed and you'll seem more limited than you really are. Sonic is good at the basics of Smash.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just in case people actually had doubts, yes, it was a joke. SamuraiPanda picked Sonic, and I was basically saying "hey I'll do Overswarm strat, so I may as well use an Overswarm character" and so I picked ROB and dtilted a lot BECAUSE IT COMPLETELY SHUTS DOWN SONIC'S APPROACHES GUYS. lol

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I figured but it seemed weird you'd have that recording at the ready.

Then again I guess we've been *****ing for a few pages......

Is that what you were doing when you said you had to kill someone?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Baw Terios, you need to get a sense of humor, you can't main Sonic if you're all "serious business."

Hey Koku, I'm sorry I/we're spamming your thread, I guess you could say that we're all just looking very forward to how Sonic places.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
"At the ready?" It was recorded from our session of friendlies last night and it happened to be one of the six days of the week you Sonic mains are around in this thread.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL nah, he ain't getting out of Mid-Tier ever. You're almost crazy if you think he'll even make the last spot of mid-tier.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
"At the ready?" It was recorded from our session of friendlies last night and it happened to be one of the eight days of the week you Sonic mains are around in this thread.
fixed that up for you
If sonic ever rises out of low tier, the Sonic boards will lose all purpose in life
one of us has promised to quit SWF forever if sonic gets out of low tier.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Baw Terios, you need to get a sense of humor, you can't main Sonic if you're all "serious business."
I calls em as I sees em. I can't help it. His Sonic was so BAD. It was funny. I literally loled at a Smash vid. That was a first. No offense Panda. Your DK is smexy. <3

Hey Koku, I'm sorry I/we're spamming your thread, I guess you could say that we're all just looking very forward to how Sonic places.
This.

O.o thanks KID. I thought I was editing for some reason. You saved me from a double post.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Actually the new tier list has me curious. I expect a few significant change ups are possible. I'm also curious to see if Top Tier will be split up to have a Meta Knight/Snake tier and if Bottom tier will come into existence.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
there really should be a bottom tier.

and MK snake have earned there own tier at this point

I expect oli to be high tier.
peach to be lower high tier.
and diddy to be top tier

who wins the oli/diddy match anyway?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I wasn't speculating on sonic
GASP! BLASHPHEMY! lol

Sonic won't make mid for sure if Bottom tier is implemented. He'll be mid low. If there is no bottom tier he deserves mid. But it won't happen.

Peach is definitely going up. She's SO good.

Oli deserves high tier. His camp game is way too good.

I kind of see Marth going up too, but we'll see about that.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dont feel bad, the sonic stuff started when i posted the results from that tourney shugo was in.

i think it was test your might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom