• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Falco dittos are quite possibly the worst dittos. No one uses their blaster and 1 grab is 1 stock.
lol yeah its gay for sure, but i think the funnest dittos are probably peach dittos, i'll fight that match anyday, but any other ditto is just lame.

soniclax15

Smash Rookie
well...some characters r very hard to master, while others r easy to master...its confusing but once u master the techniques of a charcter then u become very good with them...but im a sonic guy...so no offense to those who use metaknight, i think metaknight sux bcuz his attacks maybe fast but r all weak at the same exact time too....i dont know if thats right bcuz ive nver used metaknight b4 but yea im juss sayin

GO SONIC!!!!!

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
well...some characters r very hard to master, while others r easy to master...its confusing but once u master the techniques of a charcter then u become very good with them...but im a sonic guy...so no offense to those who use metaknight, i think metaknight sux bcuz his attacks maybe fast but r all weak at the same exact time too....i dont know if thats right bcuz ive nver used metaknight b4 but yea im juss sayin
Fun fact: assuming that you type at 20 words per minute (which is pretty slow), and the average word in your paragraph is 4.5 characters (proper spelling), it would have taken you 18 extra seconds to use proper grammar.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Halismashed II

Date: Nov. 16th
Entry: $10
Entrants: 25
Link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=61113&page=13

1. Mal - DDD, Ness, Mario
2. Doom - TL, Falco
3. KMAG - Sonic, ICs, Diddy
4. JTF - MK, Wolf
5. Kid A - Olimar, DK, GaW
5. Zhao - Luigi
7. Ryan - Captain Falcon, Ike
7. Lamb - MK, Falco
9. K - ZSS <--(me)
9. Ben - Mario, Jiggs
9. Chaos - ???
9. Chaos_f15 - ???

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
You guys think this thread will influence the next tier list? I know still probably months away but it doesn't seem like there'd be a reason why they wouldn't. I mean this thread does have tourney info and that's one of the factors, discussion being another.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol thats like 1 point, if that
and yea, it will INFLUENCE the tier list, it will not be the be all end all to the tier list discusion

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero

GO SONIC!!!!!
Thanks for not making Sonic mains look like stupid fanboys. Really. Your grammar is so bad I'm assuming this is Boxob being awesome. If you're NOT Boxob I am deeply saddened.

What? Sonic, of all characters, on the rise?
Sonic's been up there for a while know. Despite all the Dtilts out there.

:052:

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
It's nice to see Sonic get some love after all the **** he's had to be in for Sega over the years...

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Other than the first two months where no one knew wtf they were doing, Sonic has been consistantly up there, on average about 22nd.
Just people choose to be ignorant lol. We can blind them with all the facts we want, but nothing changes.

gantrain05

Smash Master
why is it whenever the topic "tier list" comes into play the threads overflow with sonic and yoshi mains......just like to know.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
gantrain's right. We should get back to whining about Metaknight.

=_=

Ehh, Yoshi's used to whine a lot, but they actually had points, and they're pretty widely excepted now by most people.
Sonic has plenty of legitimate reasons why he's tournament worthy, but the SBR and most people in general seem to avoid us like we've got the plague and discredit any logic or reasoning we actually show, purely down to the fact that we're Sonic mains, and using a bad character means yourself as a player are a joke with no intelligence, right?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
No it mostly has to do with the Sonic boards being a black hole of anti-logic. I firmly believe that if I were to gaze at them too long I would go blind.

Irow

Smash Ace
If the Sonic boards were a black hole of anti-logic, wouldn't it just consume all the other anti-logic in the other boards. This is obviously untrue, as there is a vast amount of anti-logic in the surrounding boards.

However, if you were to state that the Sonic boards was a black hole of logic - where no logic ever escapes, and once logic is it is ripped into the chaos - that would make much more sense.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
You read that Sonic thread from the BRoom though. They're still ACTING like Sonic plays how he did the first two months instead of the mid tier character he really is. I don't blame them though. MOST people are afraid of the Sonic boards. Why should the BRoom be any different? They don't KNOW anything about Sonic and that Weekly Discussion proved it. Not to mention that good Sonics are few and far between. It's not unusual for people to see new people play Sonic and believe he's bad based off of that.

Oh wait. What the good Sonics do is no different from what the bad Sonic do. My mistake. We'll just get dtilted either way. T_T

:052:

Levitas

the moon
Only if you're anther within the first week of picking up sonic.

Then again, you guys decided to tear anther a new one with almost no basis for your claims. Like, really.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Indeed, the steak jokes are terrible and pointless. It also doesn't help that even when there -is- serious discussion in the sonic boards, it's the only character that's managed to create so many acronyms that talking about his techniques ends up looking like a second language (and can be very frustrating to keep straight), not mention most of these techniques result in: "Sonic turns into a ball and rolls at something in any number of directions". As for respecting the good Sonic players. I was paired up with Mr. 3000 at HOBO11, I'm exactly completely blind to how a good sonic plays. But you have to face that almost his entire game is just massively mindgaming the opponent into a mistake you can punish and if they refuse to fall for it, sometimes Sonic simply has no answer.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Indeed, the steak jokes are terrible and pointless. It also doesn't help that even when there -is- serious discussion in the sonic boards, it's the only character that's managed to create so many acronyms that talking about his techniques ends up looking like a second language (and can be very frustrating to keep straight), not mention most of these techniques result in: "Sonic turns into a ball and rolls at something in any number of directions". As for respecting the good Sonic players. I was paired up with Mr. 3000 at HOBO11, I'm exactly completely blind to how a good sonic plays. But you have to face that almost his entire game is just massively mindgaming the opponent into a mistake you can punish and if they refuse to fall for it, sometimes Sonic simply has no answer.
I must admit, this made me laugh :p I STILL haven't got to grips with all the shortening of the techs and I've been visiting them for a fair while now :(

The steak jokes are very much an inside joke. They aren't made for other people to understand

As for the 'Sonic is totally reliant on punishment' arguement...it's true to a certain extent which is why he will never be a fantastic character. I wouldn't say he's completely reliant though. Just to point out, the Sonic mains accept the fact that he's reliant on punishment - they've admitted that in several threads

It seems to me that a lot of you look down on the Sonic mains simply because they dared to question the SBR's discussion. Whilst I can't defend some of their attitudes (sorry guys but you have to admit you could have been a bit more helpful), the discussion was very poor. The biggest part of the discussion was how Sonic is top tier with items and how MK's D Tilt stops everything Sonic can do. You realise they are NEVER EVER going to let that die

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
*sigh*
Ok, I'm gonna say this once to get rid of any ignorance here from both sides, because I'm not gonna read all this.

To people with the "lol no priority" mentality, please for your sake, never lose to a Sonic. If you do, you automatically lose any credibility in Sonic debates. Go ahead, abuse Dtilt, win with it and don't lose with this strategy. Go look for any known Sonic's you see on the boards and do it to them. That's right, I invite you to 3 stock and **** any Sonic you see, it's really easy right? As for Anther's Sonic, get over yourselves. If it's not that good, then he needs to work harder with him. I don't care about his rep as a Pika when talking about his Sonic, if he wants the truth about how his Sonic is, he's gonna get it raw. He's human and a person just like everyone else and Sonic isn't exactly the easiest character to use.

To the Sonic boards, I feel your pain but let's not fool ourselves. Compared to most of the cast (Mostly the higher tiers), HE LACKS. Think about it, rising to mid low isn't gonna make a difference, your gonna have to cp at some point. You want people to take you serious, but your the only board to have their character discussion closed (Yeah, not a good look). I don't have much to say to you, I'm rather disappointed by both sides.

I don't mean to come off as rude, but I can't post how I feel about the Brawl community in general in one post.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i think it was a GREAT move on our part to have our weekly discussion closed.

in my eyes, that was a way of saying that we arent going to stand for the nonsencical garbage that people are trying to put out there about us, if you have misinformation, we will correct you. whether you choose to alter your vision of us is one thing, but if you continue to spread misinformation, you will continue to get corrected.
now you have never seen any intelligent sonic mainer say that he was any higher than middle tier. and for the record when other sonics even, try to go around spreading misinformation, they get corrected just as firmly as anybody else, because nobody is special.

yes sonic is not great and theres 2/3 very good reasons for that
1. he has no way to reliably approach and create openings for himself, despite the fact that that is offset by the fact that even though none of his approaches are 100% safe he has more approaching options than almost anybody out there.
2. he has no projectile, which is basically an extention of number 1.
3. he doesnt have anything broken that he can spam. if you think about it all the best characters have something really stupid that they can spam and win with.
MK: everything
snake: nades and f-tilt
D3:down throw
falco: down throw and lasers
ROB: laser, gyro and down smash
Marth: f-air and dancing blade.

sonic doesnt have anything OP like that so he has to actually use all of his moves to be effective, and since all of his moves are good but none of them are great, he ends up being a good character as opposed to a great one

and for the record, im sorry that we play a bad character that needs to actually have research done into his moves to figure out what all the diferent properties of them are...
if it were up to me, i would have rather have a down throw that could 0-90 everyone in the game.
i mean think about it. we learned about D3s infinites in like april, and we are just now figuring out why you need to pummel inbetween throws to make it an infinite...
i WISH my character was that basic where
d-throw=win

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
The way to play Sonic is to run around evading and baiting your opponent into doing something dumb so that you can punish. Too many Sonics just focus on approaches and being flashy and attempting uair combos and whatnot. If you play anything lower than a high tier, you have to concentrate on what you're doing. He has potential, people just play him wrong. Sigh, I really need to upload videos.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
The way to play Sonic is to run around evading and baiting your opponent into doing something dumb so that you can punish. Too many Sonics just focus on approaches and being flashy and attempting uair combos and whatnot. If you play anything lower than a high tier, you have to concentrate on what you're doing. He has potential, people just play him wrong. Sigh, I really need to upload videos.
since you said "too many" as opposed to "all" or "most" i can say that you may be right. but the best sonics dont do silly things that dont have a fair chance of working.
sonic has so many options and feints and ways to alter his movement that there is no one correct way to play sonic, and anyone that thinks otherwise is very misguided.

and the way that you just described playing sonic is almost EXACTLY how kirk plays ike.
basically as safe as possible, and that logic can apply to just about every character that doesnt have anything broken to spam like the characters i stated above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom