• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Sorry if I'm causing any mass pandamonium or anything I'm just stating what I think may be different or what feels off.

Any requests? If you give me original data I can test it. I know for a fact D throw to U air doesn't work anymore for Diddy, that much I'm certain.

Yokoblue

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0345-0592-4740
Guy stop kidding seriously...
We need at least 2 people confirming big things or we will all go crazy :p
A thread would be nice yes.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Is it possible that a wii u patch could be coming soon? Other wise something isn't right.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Sorry if I'm causing any mass pandamonium or anything I'm just stating what I think may be different or what feels off.

Any requests? If you give me original data I can test it. I know for a fact D throw to U air doesn't work anymore for Diddy, that much I'm certain.
Explain, I have been doing Hoo has left and right (god I called it a hoo hah) :glare:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
No. No it is not. I literally just did it ROFL. Y'all need better fingers 3DS is awful for this but IT WORKS

D-Throw Uair -> Uair still works with Diddy. THIS IS WHY WE USE GC CONTROLLERS BTW

Last edited:

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I just tested it. You can absolutely still perform it.
Make sure to D-throw, then slide your thumb back to Turn back as you jump and U-air.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I'm pretty sure nothing has changed. We probably wont get an actual patch until mewtwo and for now its just minor bugs.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Can a mod threaten with infractions on this patch until we get something concrete? I don't need people getting hype for non existent nerfs

NairWizard

Somewhere
Yeah, guys, I hate to say it, but, for those of you who think that Diddy has changed, you just don't know how to hoo ha.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Huh. My bad then. I think I'll quit testing now and leave it to everyone else, too much placebo.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
past 2 pages

Me: Hype levels rising
*half way through the 1st page* Exploding hype
*2nd page* frowny face. :<

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Like more than 80% of the cast so far is unchanged, just bug fixes so far. No need to be saying stuff like % changes or KB on moves/throws different.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait, I thought running Shadow Sneak was gone since 1.04.

Last edited:

Spirst

Wait, I thought running Shadow Sneak was gone since 1.04.
No, it was very much still a thing in 1.0.4. It was rather difficult to execute (though made easier through the usage of foxtrots) but had good mixup potential and could be used to follow a fully charged water shuriken that drags the other player. It will be missed.

Last edited:

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
and once again nintendo patches tech because no one address it as such, for example lag overlap is still in because it was addressed as a tech and not as a glitch.
we know this so this is our fault.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Granted, Running Shadow Sneak wasn't exactly a game changer, pretty nobody could pull it off consistently due to the strict timing. Losing an option sucks but it's not something that hurts Greninja, unlike say, the Water Shuriken nerf.

It doesn't really impact Greninja's viability so it's a fairly minor thing all things considered.

Saturn_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Saturn.1000
It happens in Melee because even the best characters have losing matchups to each other, and even then going solo Fox is still very viable. Who do Sheik and Diddy lose to?
None of the best players in the world (i.e. the Five Gods) enter tournaments without secondary characters who see heavy play.

No one wants to listen to me but I genuinely believe Lucario wins the matchup with Sheik. It's harder to say with Diddy for certain, because the undisputed best player in the world right now solo mains Diddy, but I think Luigi and Sheik beat Diddy.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Lucario loses the whole match over vs Sheik. He is ONLY a threat after he gets bodied. And in that case one mistake could spell death for either character. I don't see how he wins. Unless wins means he gets his ass handed to him then gets a lucky force palm.

Reminds me of Sagat vs Gouki in Vanilla SF4. Sagat had all the comeback potential in the world and Gouki had all the options. People gave it to Sagat at first but then people realized he just didnt have the tools to limit Gouki at all.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Dabuz, 2nd place winner of Apex, just created his own tier list for the game. You can find it here: http://www.eventhubs.com/images/201...ins-why-his-super-smash-bros-wii-u-tier-list/ He says characters in the same row are in no particular order, just to let you know

Personally, even though I'm not nearly on the same level as he is, I can't help but disagree with a whole lot of it. Recently, I've become more active in the competitive scene and have attended more tournaments with decent placings lately, and I wanted to come here and join the party and take part in these discussions, I've been missing out on all the fun and I think I've been meaning to come in sooner or later. I'm a little busy with my homework right now, (I'm slacking off :pimp:) but for now I'll just say these:

I honestly don't think :4sonic: is Top 5 or even Top 10 in this game, and if he is, he is really low in that 10. I definitely think he's above-average, but Top 5 is a huge stretch if you ask me.

I don't find :4luigi:, :4rob:, :4peach:, or :4mario: (actually, I think Mario is an overrated character in general, I feel he'll eventually slip down a little once people get used to playing him overtime) as good as he ranked them either.

:4greninja:, :4duckhunt:, :4pacman:, :4miibrawl:, and even :4charizard: all have more potential than given credit for in my eyes. I can see these guys getting better overtime personally.

While I don't disagree that :4bowserjr: and :4palutena: are a little below average (without custom moves anyway), they can't really be Bottom bad, can they? I don't buy that Kirby, Zelda, and Ganon are better characters than they are; imo those guys are even worse.

I don't know how :4littlemac:does honestly or how I feel about hi, his matchup spread seems weird. I don't think he's above average though.

Places where I definitely agree with him though are with Lucina, Diddy, Sheik, Pikachu, and a few others.

These of course are just my own opinions though, and like I said I am still learning the ropes myself so my opinions are all very questionable and probably not credible, so I wouldn't expect anyone here to agree with me on most any of these. Still, if you want to talk with me about it anyway though, I got all day tomorrow :), gonna slack off from homework from again at the library.

What do you guys think of it btw?

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Dabuz, 2nd place winner of Apex, just created his own tier list for the game. You can find it here: http://www.eventhubs.com/images/201...ins-why-his-super-smash-bros-wii-u-tier-list/ He says characters in the same row are in no particular order, just to let you know

Personally, even though I'm not nearly on the same level as he is, I can't help but disagree with a whole lot of it. Recently, I've become more active in the competitive scene and have attended more tournaments with decent placings lately, and I wanted to come here and join the party and take part in these discussions, I've been missing out on all the fun and I think I've been meaning to come in sooner or later. I'm a little busy with my homework right now, (I'm slacking off :pimp:) but for now I'll just say these:

I honestly don't think :4sonic: is Top 5 or even Top 10 in this game, and if he is, he is really low in that 10. I definitely think he's above-average, but Top 5 is a huge stretch if you ask me.

I don't find :4luigi:, :4rob:, :4peach:, or :4mario: (actually, I think Mario is an overrated character in general, I feel he'll eventually slip down a little once people get used to playing him overtime) as good as he ranked them either.

:4greninja:, :4duckhunt:, :4pacman:, :4miibrawl:, and even :4charizard: all have more potential than given credit for in my eyes. I can see these guys getting better overtime personally.

While I don't disagree that :4bowserjr: and :4palutena: are a little below average (without custom moves anyway), they can't really be Bottom bad, can they? I don't buy that Kirby, Zelda, and Ganon are better characters than they are; imo those guys are even worse.

I don't know how :4littlemac:does honestly or how I feel about hi, his matchup spread seems weird. I don't think he's above average though.

Places where I definitely agree with him though are with Lucina, Diddy, Sheik, Pikachu, and a few others.

These of course are just my own opinions though, and like I said I am still learning the ropes myself so my opinions are all very questionable and probably not credible, so I wouldn't expect anyone here to agree with me on most any of these. Still, if you want to talk with me about it anyway though, I got all day tomorrow :), gonna slack off from homework from again at the library.

I don't think peach is top 5 since she doesn't have anything abusable but I think she is up there.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382

Only one I disagree with is Meta knight, which I believe should be placed around top B tier or low A-tier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom