• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I'm sad Mr. R isn't playing Marth. Sorta been like tradition for smash to always have that sword dynamic, due to Marth being so good in both Melee and Brawl (and Metaknight). It's weird that swords aren't a norm now. Well, there's still Nairo's DPit I guess X)

(Also sad that AeroLink isn't using Palutena / his Palutena isn't good enough. His Palutena is great. I hope to see him bring her out at least once in the Top 16!).

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
ALSM wanted to win for months now, so he went to Diddy Kong.
He did the same thing in Brawl, he was a "Link" main but went to MK pretty early. Even before he tried to keep himself from going MK he still had pocket Tink and D3 before fully going MK.

Now that he luckily got that far into apex bracket from ez ride with Diddy to top 16, he ain't touching the goddess anytime soon.

Last edited:

LostinpinK

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ailkah
Honestly Sheik is the closest thing to Brawl's Marth gameplaywise, way closer than Sm4sh's Marth / Lucina, so I understand his decision.
Palutena is sadly too bad to compete at that level.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
ZSS is far closer to Brawl Marth then Sheik unless you just look at fair. But that just means you dont understand what made Marth good at the peak of his meta.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I actually find it hilarious so many Diddys were destroyed in bracket.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the Top 8 now. We just have to hope it doesn't end up being M2K vs ZeRo GF.

etecoon

Smash Hero
There's a very good chance we'll see only two Diddys in Top 8. That's a lot better than what everyone was expecting.
I don't see why anyone would have expected something like the all Diddy top 8, realistically I expected Zero and M2K to be top 8 with a few others having a chance. Do people think that just because Diddy is really good that he doesn't need amazing players using him to place highly in international tournaments? Players like Ally, Nairo, NAKAT, Mr R, and Neitono are too good to not do well for playing slightly worse characters that require more skill, clear best character doesn't necessarily mean win button

I'm sad Mr. R isn't playing Marth. Sorta been like tradition for smash to always have that sword dynamic, due to Marth being so good in both Melee and Brawl (and Metaknight). It's weird that swords aren't a norm now. Well, there's still Nairo's DPit I guess X)

(Also sad that AeroLink isn't using Palutena / his Palutena isn't good enough. His Palutena is great. I hope to see him bring her out at least once in the Top 16!).
Marth always brought the hype in both Melee and Brawl, really too bad he's not a good character this time around

Shulk can be a good sword user IMO but he plays a lot differently, no one really does what Marth did that well in this game as far as I can tell. That's really frustrating in a game where clone characters exist and all of them are strictly inferior to the original

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Variety in the early meta should actually be expected since characters are still being explored.

It's years down the line that we should be worried about.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Apex results should not be taken serious under any circumstance, except like top 4. The seeding was absolutely disgraceful and screwed a lot of players who could've done way better. It's really a pity.

:059:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I actually find it hilarious so many Diddys were destroyed in bracket.
I find it more hilarious so many Luigis got picked off. Diddy we knew would be cut down simply because there are so many of them. There are realistically 0.5 Luigis left by the look. More Mario rep than Luigi in that top spread.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Abadango pockets Wario and I'm biased so I'm rooting for him to do well. :V

Although it's obvious to me Zero is gonna take it. He's on a whole other level.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Man...Koolaid got bumped out. But who knocked him out?
It's awesome that Abadango is still going strong.
I heard Koolaid was put in one the dumbest pools in smash history with Tyrant, DEHF, 6wx, Nietono and Nietono in it. Only top 2 made it out.

:059:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Going by history, the ones who have the best shot against ZeRo is M2K, Ally, and Nairo.

NAKAT and Nientono I feel are contenders as well.

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
Putting aside the fact that Smash 4 only gets a top 16, why in the world is anyone starting in losers? (I get that losses carry over from pools but that system doesn't make sense for these pools)

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Time constraints, mainly.

They even said that Brawl may have to be cut out because they're low on time.

Last edited:

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
The same time constraints that allow Melee to have its top 48 on stream? (I know, I know, its Melee. I'm just salty.)

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The same time constraints that allow Melee to have its top 48 on stream? (I know, I know, its Melee. I'm just salty.)
I understand the feeling, but Melee is the Smash Bros game that everyone is watching (even though Smash 4 peaked at 20k viewers!). While unfortunate, Melee's stability takes priority over Smash 4 for now.

Zero(Diddy) vs MVD(DHD) starting in a moment.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Maybe its because I almost always choose difficult characters aside from Yoshi in this game...i'm beginning to understand greninja. Is it good to learn two of the most difficult characters in the game to main or would that be too much when playing competitively?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom