• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I honestly really like watching Zero's Diddy. Can't hate on that.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Maybe its because I almost always choose difficult characters aside from Yoshi in this game...i'm beginning to understand greninja. Is it good to learn two of the most difficult characters in the game to main or would that be too much when playing competitively?
I've tried to use Peach myself and I say that if you like the character and are willing to expend time learning it, go for it. Two difficult mains could be tricky but well, if it works for you, go for it.

Noa.

Smash Master
It's impossible for brackets and pools to be seeded perfectly, just because players can be somewhat inconsistent, and there are not that many results in between regions to help seed, especially so early in the tournament.

However that pool with Socal, Choco, Nietono, and 6WX was stupid. lol Props to 6WX and Nietono for making it out though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I mean, Nietono just double 2 stocked some average Diddy Kong from Texas who somehow managed to get in a position where he's at worst 9th. How could that happen? That guys isn't anywhere near as good as a lot of the players that didn't even make it into the bracket. It descredits the whole results so much, I hate it.

:059:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
he and peach seem to click with me very well in this game and I do want to see how greninja grows competitively.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I mean, Nietono just double 2 stocked some average Diddy Kong from Texas who somehow managed to get in a position where he's at worst 9th. How could that happen? That guys isn't anywhere near as good as a lot of the players that didn't even make it into the bracket. It descredits the whole results so much, I hate it.

:059:
I personally met AeroLink before as he goes to San Antonio's monthlies. He actually mains Paluntena, but he has no faith in her and goes Diddy instead.

I dunno how he made it out of pools because his Diddy is not very good, so I'll have to agree with you on that note.

EDIT: ...NAKAT just got demolished by M2K.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The stigma against top players for using top characters is ridiculous. What do you expect?

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
maybe the surprise at apex is a patch. one can only hope, right?

lol @ comeback

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Please no. I don't to see the characters who made it far get nerfed because of it, especially since Greninja was already nerfed badly before.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The stigma against top players for using top characters is ridiculous. What do you expect?
To note, I completely agree. If your purpose is to win, use the top characters. My perception of AeroLink only comes from the personal experience of knowing that his Diddy is legitimately not that good.

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Pac Man is the Mini Yellow Devil ? xD
Heck his name already suits the criteria!

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The same time constraints that allow Melee to have its top 48 on stream? (I know, I know, its Melee. I'm just salty.)
The same time constraints that allowed melee to remain 4 stock even though there were over 1000 entrants and they lost a whole day :p

I'm just mad that a lot of Smash4 matches weren't streamed. We got to see a couple For Glory players (twice at least with that dark pit!) and missed some of the best players.

Anyway I missed some people getting knocked out this morning :( sad

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I guess Abadango didn't know that the trampoline can bounce an opponent as soon as they get out of spawn.
Ninja link was able to imitate that as megaman with rush though.

EDIT: this really gives insight on the Pac vs Mega matchup. Mega man wins the zoning game(unless a key, galaxian , or melon cuts through it), but pac wins up close. And both can steal each other's items

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Luigi mains.

False going Luigi vs Dabuz's Rosalina.

EDIT: Nvm got bodied False switched to Sheik.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
If Abadango randomly drops a Villager i will scream Abadango until the end of time

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Ally has no experience against Amsa's Greninja, or maybe even Greninja in general.

Not looking good for Ally.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I was not expecting Ally to get bodied this way. Damn.

Hopefully he pulls it together.

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
AMSa's got some moves... with the right angle hydro pumps and going left and right like that o.o
Nice to see he stuck with him even after the nerfs like several others didn't :o

Was rooting for Jtails since he's the 'original Diddy' xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom