• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Meta Knight will take the entire tournament, bringing everything back full circle.

Search inside yourselves, you know it to be true. It's inevitable.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Diddy (Zero)
Sheik (Nietono)
Ness (Nakat)
ZSS (Nairo)
Sonic (6wx)
Diddy (M2K)
Pac-Man (Abadango)
Diddy (Leffen)

I don't expect a Pikachu since ESAM isn't going.

Last edited:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
It all depends on what players you think will make Top 8. Zero is an obvious pick, so that's 1 Diddy, but who else do you think would place that also plays Diddy?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
It all depends on what players you think will make Top 8. Zero is an obvious pick, so that's 1 Diddy, but who else do you think would place that also plays Diddy?
Leffen and M2K probably
Then I would say 6wx as the sonic rep, Abadango for pac, Nairo for zzs, Nietono for shiek, and Nakat for fox or ness

Last edited:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
I actually think M2K might place just outside of Top 8 considering he's entering so many games and keeps complaining that he's off his game/tired on FB/Twitter lol

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I predict 5 diddy players in top 8.
Also surprised APEX is this gutsy to still use that place despite the collapsed garage.

Actually lemme rephrase that, the people who're crazier are the ones still parking up there despite seeing a giant hole in the floor as they're parking.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Leffen and M2K probably
Then I would say 6wx as the sonic rep, Abadango for pac, Nairo for zzs, Nietono for shiek, and Nakat for fox or ness
Leffen plays Diddy? Is he contractually obligated as the official bad guy of competitive Smash to always play the best character or is it just a weird coincidence?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Leffen plays Diddy? Is he contractually obligated as the official bad guy of competitive Smash to always play the best character or is it just a weird coincidence?
He's been using Diddy since day 1 of the Japanese 3DS game, so just a coincidence.

EDIT: Maybe not specifically day 1 but he did main him before the western release lol

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Is there any footage of Gungnir on the Wii U?
Yep. I just haven't bothered uploading everything he has available. There is stuff up on nicovideo though, and he's intense as usual.

Tbqh there's a bunch of amazing Japanese players who I wanted to keep an eye on, and I know they have Wii-U footage as well. But I got caught up in enjoying this game...and now I have a backlog of replays and I'm too lazy to use old technology to convert them into a usable video format.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
In all honesty, I'm willing to bet that the character that wins overall (assuming it isn't sheik or Diddy) will be overused and overexploited to the point where anyone who said they weren't viable would bite their tongues. That's why I'm hoping for a crazy plot twist ending where Bowser or Link or even Pac man wins. Imagine how many people would jump the gun on that.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
In all honesty, I'm willing to bet that the character that wins overall (assuming it isn't sheik or Diddy) will be overused and overexploited to the point where anyone who said they weren't viable would bite their tongues. That's why I'm hoping for a crazy plot twist ending where Bowser or Link or even Pac man wins. Imagine how many people would jump the gun on that.
I hope Nairo takes grand finals with Zelda.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Waiting for that elusive top level Falcon to show up. So far the best I've seen was Zero's, and he's good with pretty much anyone. Gotta respect that as a player at the very least.

KevJames

Smash Apprentice
A part of me wants Apex Top 8 to be all Diddy. I desire this not so that Nintendo will nerf a character that might not even need nerfs in the first place, but so that the majority of people will develop the conviction to learn the match-up. It's safe to say that many characters do not know the Diddy match-up and are quick to say that they lose it. The game is still in its infancy and should be treated as such; people just need a push in the right direction. Crying for nerfs won't benefit you in the long-run. Learning the Diddy match-up, regardless of whether he gets nerfed or not, will make you a better player.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I keep having nightmares of Zero taking grand finals with Swordfighter :/
A part of me wants Apex Top 8 to be all Diddy. I desire this not so that Nintendo will nerf a character that might not even need nerfs in the first place, but so that the majority of people will develop the conviction to learn the match-up. It's safe to say that many characters do not know the Diddy match-up and are quick to say that they lose it. The game is still in its infancy and should be treated as such; people just need a push in the right direction. Crying for nerfs won't benefit you in the long-run. Learning the Diddy match-up, regardless of whether he gets nerfed or not, will make you a better player.
This is so true, Though I wish some characters would get buffs.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
If top 8 is all diddy.
Smash 4 will get nothing but bad press within the community.

Anyways Wii Fit Trainer is going to win with a Hoola Hoop Gimp.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Top places getting littered by Diddys are pretty boring. It's either people fighting him don't understand the MU or Diddy is just too stupidly tricky and strong.

But I'm the one to talk, I have not understand the MU fully yet. Too much Falcons and Ganons online -_-.

I'll just hope another balance patch exist. If not... Well, I'll just need to learn Diddy and Sheik MU... but it is certainly easier said than done.

etecoon

Smash Hero
all diddy top 8 is a ridiculous scenario, that ain't meta knight

it would be preferable to a sonic getting in there and making the stream unwatchable though

Djent

Smash Champion
A week or so ago, I picked Choco, Zero, ESAM, FOW, Mr-R, Nairo, Ally, and Dabuz. I think that list still looks okay (though it's obviously debatable). If ESAM ends up not going, that spot could easily go to NAKAT, Abadango, or Nietono.

TriTails

Smash Lord
No such thing as too much Falcon or Ganon. Always better to see lots of heavy hitters instead of wimpy ticklers and projectile spammers.
Yeah, I know. I generally enjoy fighting them (Boxing there and there!) but it does annoy me the fact that I cannot face Diddy, Rosalina, Sheik, or Yoshi regularly. Yeah, I also know I can just arrange a match with someone, but my time of playing is fairly limited (Now I can only play 1 day a week...) and I'll just get destroyed.

Nah, playing with Luigi is gud enough. So I'll shut up there.

Anyway... still rooting for Luigi mains that are going to Apex. It's fun to predict who is getting the golden chair... if the dirty monkey doesn't straight get it (:4diddy:? Anyone?)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Top places getting littered by Diddys are pretty boring. It's either people fighting him don't understand the MU or Diddy is just too stupidly tricky and strong.

But I'm the one to talk, I have not understand the MU fully yet. Too much Falcons and Ganons online -_-.

I'll just hope another balance patch exist. If not... Well, I'll just need to learn Diddy and Sheik MU... but it is certainly easier said than done.
There are almost no Ganons online as far as I'm concerned... There's a LOT of Falcons, Links, and Marios though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom