• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Board Specific Matchup Chart Project (Last Update: 12/21)- Not a tier list!

Hype

Smash Lord
Tenki if you are color blind with green and yellow not matter what shade they are you'll be boned.
He can always create a black and white version.
I think a numbered Version would be a good way to solve the color blind issue. either a second chart or put the number right on top of the color.

3 for large disadvantage
4 for slight disadvantage
5 for neutral
6 for slight advantage
7 for large advantage

XienZo

Smash Lord
Is that a joke post? I seriously hope we have no colorblind smashers trying to become competitive at this game.
You're kidding, right?

Check the SBR rules, there is a rule specifically for colorbilnd smashers.

Prejudiced....

"Oh noes, I can't tell colors apart that well! There's no way I can chain grab fox now!"

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I didn't think it was a big issue. And geeze, how many people would have heard of that colorblind issue?
A numbered system would probably make more sense anyway. That way you wouldn't need color coding for explanations. The numbers 1-5, 5 being the toughest is self-explanatory.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I didn't think it was a big issue. And geeze, how many people would have heard of that colorblind issue?
Half of the people who have posted on this thread; we have had like 10+ designs submitted for colorbind people.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Half of the people who have posted on this thread; we have had like 10+ designs submitted for colorbind people.
More like a couple people knew about the rule, and then others followed suit submitting their designs.

Anywho, a numbered system 1-5 makes more sense for both colorblind and non-colorblind people.

XienZo

Smash Lord
More like a couple people knew about the rule, and then others followed suit submitting their designs.

Anywho, a numbered system 1-5 makes more sense for both colorblind and non-colorblind people.
It'd be an eyesore though, a chart with lines going up and down and across, and each box filled with more lines. Colors make it a lot easier to follow.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm bumping this because I'm tired of clicking over to the second page whenever I want to look at it. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much work for something that should [eventually] be stickied.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Ike vs. Ness was decided as 55:45, so it should be yellow, not orange.
And you might want to take down Ike vs. IC's for now, since they say it's 60:40 them, and it seems the general thought in the Ike forums is it's like 55:45 Ike.
Same with Lucas, they say 60:40 we say 50:50.
Peach and Ike boards agreed on 50:50.
Wolf and Ike boards agreed on 60:40 Wolf's favor.
Ike and Mario boards agreed on as 50:50.
Ike and Marth boards agreed on 60:40 Marth's favor.
Ike and Samus boards agreed on 60:40 Ike's favor.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203904 <- Ike Match-up numbers thread. (Not all numbers are 100%, we still need to disucss many)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok guys, it's updated. Albeit, it's not a big update, but it's getting there.

I'd go looking through the threads right now, but I've got some things I forgot about that I should be doing instead. But yeah... I'm alive.

This is so unbelievably helpful.
I didn't know people referenced this yet... seeing how uncompleted it is and all. :)

I think a numbered Version would be a good way to solve the color blind issue. either a second chart or put the number right on top of the color.

3 for large disadvantage
4 for slight disadvantage
5 for neutral
6 for slight advantage
7 for large advantage
Ok. which is it gonna be? (I'm talking to the colorblind)

Peach and Ike boards agreed on 50:50.
The Peach thread hasn't updated it yet. I'll fill it in when they do.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203904 <- Ike Match-up numbers thread. (Not all numbers are 100%, we still need to disucss many)
that's fine. As long as it's not wrong...

Umm...I don't know if you guys noticed this or not, but there's already a Character Board Chart for Brawl, and its complete and colorblind friendly (and updated regularly)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157979
good for him. ;)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Some notes on the Dedede matchups:

Dedede vs. Game & Watch is 60:40 G&W (agreed on by both boards)
Dedede vs. Diddy Kong is 60:40 Diddy (agreed on by both boards)
Dedede vs. Kirby is 60:40 Kirby (agreed on by both boards)
Dedede vs. Lucario is looking to be 60:40 Dedede (the Lucario boards haven't officially discussed the matchup yet but many Lucario players have expressed their opinion on the matchup and it correlates to this)

Also, I'm not planning on discussing the following characters if I can help it, so you might as well use their board's data on the matchup against Dedede:

Wario
Donkey Kong
Wolf
Bowser
Luigi
Mario
Samus

Sorry I didn't get this to you earlier lol.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Lucas and Yoshi have agreed on 60:40 Yoshi for the moment.

Also, the Bowser's separated the Dedede Matchup to list a 20:80 with the Infinite and 40:60 Without the Infinite. You sure you don't want to discuss the matchups gates without the Infinite, because it is banned in some states

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
This will probably get overlooked, but you should probably remove the Luigi vs D3 matchup altogether. If the infinite is banned (a la pontential new ruleset) the matchup changes entirely. Possibly same with DK.

Mmac

Smash Lord
This will probably get overlooked, but you should probably remove the Luigi vs D3 matchup altogether. If the infinite is banned (a la pontential new ruleset) the matchup changes entirely. Possibly same with DK.
Just Split it into two matchups. One with the Infinite and one without. That what I did with Bowser and Dedede because the infinite is banned in some locations, but legal in others

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Also, the Bowser's separated the Dedede Matchup to list a 20:80 with the Infinite and 40:60 Without the Infinite. You sure you don't want to discuss the matchups gates without the Infinite, because it is banned in some states
I've heard the same thing about the Donkey Kong matchup and yes I'm fairly certain I won't discuss either of them unless people request it. Even without the infinite it's still in out favor.

This will probably get overlooked, but you should probably remove the Luigi vs D3 matchup altogether. If the infinite is banned (a la pontential new ruleset) the matchup changes entirely.
You might be right about this but that's assuming a future scenario which might not happen. I'm more focused on matchups in the current set of rules than after some adjustments.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
When the Ike boards were discussing it, a lot of Peach mains came to our boards, and it was decided there. (They said 50:50 up front, too.)
That's alright, but doesn't this chart only works when both character match-up threads have discussed the character?

Hoser

Smash Ace
There are multiple match-ups that are on here and not discussed. Not as many now, due to the constant discussion going on in the character boards, but I've noticed he doesn't always wait for both sides.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Zelda's have updated their matchup thread so we have a few more matchups on there now.

Zelda/Sheik matchup thread has undergone a major redesign since you first linked it here. because of its new structure, it is no longer usable as a listing for sheik or zelda matchups, but only as Zelda/Sheik

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Well the Ike and Ness boards have it as neutral.

(55-45 on both for their respective character)

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I dont understand why marth isn't top tier yet. Guess he just not a tournet winner. I agree tottaly with the chart for the most part.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
^ it's cause the marth boards like to overestimate marth, dk's got an edge on him, and the boards probably going to change the matchup when we look at the top/high again tier characters in two weeks, same with gdubs, falco might be knocked down to a neutral

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
DanGR. get your sorry butt out here and update! I'm sure that there are new things to update <_<

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Some boards have new match-up threads: Snake, ROB and Pit apparently too

Mmac

Smash Lord
The fact that this thread is dying is making me sad.

I can't live in a world where Ivan chart reigns supreme! >_<

*Does CPR* LIVE!

Blad01

Smash Lord
DangR, this chart is really good, but you should update it ;)

It's really better than Ivan's chart in my opinion.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
*sigh*

I guess I could give it a good cleanup.

edit: small update. I really don't feel like searching through all the threads anymore.

If you'd like your character updated, give me the new matchup ratios that have been agreed to.

Top Bottom