• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Board Specific Matchup Chart Project (Last Update: 12/21)- Not a tier list!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Some changes:

MK > Wolf (used to be MK >> Wolf but both boards agree on 65/35 atm)

Falco doesn't have a >> vs Wolf anymore, being able to tech the chainspike (Falco boards have > Wolf; Wolf boards have = Falco)

Wolf doesn't have the advantage over Diddy according to the Wolf match-up thread. We have it as = Diddy...

Wolf = Mario (accoridng to all the other Mario match-up threads)

Wolf = Zamus

Edit: we also changed the Luigi match-up to even (Luigi boards haven't done it yet)

Blad01

Smash Lord
I love this chart. :) Let's add some numbers agreed on both sides.

Falco / Snake : 55 / 45 or 50 /50. Even anyways.
Falco / DK : 60 / 40 on Falco Boards (discussed with DK mains), 55/45 on DK boards...
Falco / Fox : 55 / 45.
Falco / Wolf : 60 / 40. (Wolf boards have 50:50... yeah ok). Anyways it's not a big advantage anymore.
Falco / Pit : 55/45.

I could give you a lot more, on Ganondorf by example, but the match-ups are not completely agreed on both sides yet.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Btw guys, I'm not updating until after the new tier list comes out. (Jan 5th supposedly) It'll take a while to reorder everything.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
You really oughta have numbers instead of a color-coding system.
Every time I look at a match-up on the chart, I have to look at the color key.
Colors just don't make any sense. Use numbers so it can be understood more clearly.
Grab Releases **** Meta Knight.

Bowser's KO Power ***** Meta Knight.

Meta Knight is just ****.
If that explains why it's yellow, then I suppose Ike and DK and Ganon and DDD and all the other heavy-hitters are even with Meta Knight.
?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You really oughta have numbers instead of a color-coding system.
Every time I look at a match-up on the chart, I have to look at the color key.
Colors just don't make any sense. Use numbers so it can be understood more clearly.

If that explains why it's yellow, then I suppose Ike and DK and Ganon and DDD and all the other heavy-hitters are even with Meta Knight.
?
You didn't see the grab release part.

Grab release ftilt,fortress,dash attack (air release I believe), etc.

Grab releases **** MK due to Bowser's KO Power....

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Wow.... how can Ganon be so bad against Sheik? I mean seriously 05:95 ???? that's insane.

I'm also one for wanting numbers instead of (or in addition to) color coding. Color coding kinda limits what you know about it. Like the ganon v sheik thing, it's still the same color as a 80:20 matchup

Blad01

Smash Lord
@Mister_E : From what i know, DK does good against MK. And as a Ganon main, i can say that MK is not our worst match-up, and that we have a chance in the match-up. It's still hard, but not unwinnable at all (and we can kill him at 86% fairly easily).

But Bowser has grab release, more range, more mobility than Ganon... Well he's overall better vs MK anyways.

I won't talk about DDD and Ike, since i don't know a lot about thei match-ups.

But you're (ironically) partially right, heavies can exploit farly well the only weakness MK has : His weight.

[EDIT : I'm for color + number]

Toesrus

Smash Cadet
Christ, I just played a match against my friend who plays MK and I used Bowser.. I've got to say that Bowser is insanely good against him.

I even did a grab air release to Bowsercide. It looked awesome.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Thought you'd like some new info for your new chart.

King Dedede vs. Peach is 50:50. Agreed on by both boards.
King Dedede vs. Fox is 50:50. Agreed on by both boards.
King Dedede vs. Kirby is 40:60 (Kirby's favor). Agreed on by both boards.
King Dedede vs. Pikachu is 35:65 (Pikachu's favor). Agreed on by both boards.
King Dedede vs. Diddy Kong is 40:60 (Diddy Kong's favor). Agreed on by both boards.
I have no idea how to read Ankoku's chart in this thread, but the Dedede boards have agreed that King Dedede vs. Zelda/Shiek is 40:60 (Z/S's favor).
ROB boards and Lucario boards need to hurry up and discuss Dedede lol.
Also, the Pit boards are in disagreement with the Dedede boards about the matchup but I personally am reluctant to create a new discussion of it since the last one devolved into a flame war.

G&W vs. Snake is 40:60 (Snake's favor)
G&W vs. Kirby is 60:40 (G&W's favor)
G&W vs. Ike is 60:40 (G&W's favor)

What's The Point

Smash Master
Did this for own purposes, figured may as well post it.

Left side is Character Boards, top is discussed characters. So if you go down to Lucas, then right to Diddy, you get what the Lucas boards rated the Lucas vs. Diddy match. But down to Diddy and right to Lucas gives you the Diddy vs. Lucas match as determined by Diddy boards. The number on the left is always the character on the left, number on the right is top character. Blank spaces means that board didn't have a ranking for that character. Some places didn't use good ol' ratios so I just used letters (a advantage, d disadvantage, capital for more emphasis). Alphabetical order (Using full names, not displayed), except PT's Pokemon are next to him, and Shiek is next to Zelda.

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
May I suggest putting another list of "you" characters on the right side since we already have the other 3 sides filled? Makes it a little easier to read.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love this chart. :) Let's add some numbers agreed on both sides.

Falco / Snake : 55 / 45 or 50 /50. Even anyways.
Falco / DK : 60 / 40 on Falco Boards (discussed with DK mains), 55/45 on DK boards...
Falco / Fox : 55 / 45.
Falco / Wolf : 60 / 40. (Wolf boards have 50:50... yeah ok). Anyways it's not a big advantage anymore.
Falco / Pit : 55/45.

I could give you a lot more, on Ganondorf by example, but the match-ups are not completely agreed on both sides yet.
I pretty sure you read the Snake matchups wrong. In their chart, the bottom number is what they put down. The top number is the opponent's matchup chart.

For consistency's sake, I can't put down the DK or Wolf v Falco matchup until they put their number down as well.

I looked at both the Falco and Fox matchup threads. Neither have 55-45 listed.

Thanks anyways. :ohwell:

Left side is Character Boards, top is discussed characters. So if you go down to Lucas, then right to Diddy, you get what the Lucas boards rated the Lucas vs. Diddy match. But down to Diddy and right to Lucas gives you the Diddy vs. Lucas match as determined by Diddy boards. The number on the left is always the character on the left, number on the right is top character. Blank spaces means that board didn't have a ranking for that character. Some places didn't use good ol' ratios so I just used letters (a advantage, d disadvantage, capital for more emphasis). Alphabetical order (Using full names, not displayed), except PT's Pokemon are next to him, and Shiek is next to Zelda.

This is incredible. How long have you been keeping up with it? And are you using the matchup threads I've got listed in the OP?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
HOLY **** THAT'S AMAZING

that's like my wildest idea way back when this thread started...come to life

you sir, are amazing

and have no life

but are still amazing

What's The Point

Smash Master
IThis is incredible. How long have you been keeping up with it? And are you using the matchup threads I've got listed in the OP?
I made it yesterday, so it's pretty up to date.

For threads, I just searched "Match" in each of the character boards and used the thread that is usually sticked or near the top. For the most part those are what you have linked (Ike and Link had crappy threads when I searched, so I used what you had linked).

After a quick check, I used all the threads you posted except for these characters.

Falcon - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204097

Ganon - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202473

Luigi - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190139

Mario - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212008

Pit - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212541

Blad01

Smash Lord
I pretty sure you read the Snake matchups wrong. In their chart, the bottom number is what they put down. The top number is the opponent's matchup chart.

For consistency's sake, I can't put down the DK or Wolf v Falco matchup until they put their number down as well.

I looked at both the Falco and Fox matchup threads. Neither have 55-45 listed.

Thanks anyways. :ohwell:
Hum i just have to update falco's thread.

Also, time to update ;)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
WTP, I'm going to update the chart in Sonic boards to include numbers to make it easier for you. Our 'neutral' range is anywhere between 55:45 and 45:55, so I'll update the current chart on post #3 of our chart to make it a little more specific.

May update this post later with any new changes agreed on in both boards.

Edit : Whilst not having the OP updated, in this link most Diddy's are calling it anywhere between 50:50 and 55:45, which either way is even.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=181638&page=45

We have the same on our chart.

Veril

Frame Savant
There have been several matchup discussions on the Jigglypuff boards. I believe we are in agreement with Zelda on the matchup being ~65 : 35 Zelda's advantage.

Genos

Smash Apprentice
I made it yesterday, so it's pretty up to date.

For threads, I just searched "Match" in each of the character boards and used the thread that is usually sticked or near the top. For the most part those are what you have linked (Ike and Link had crappy threads when I searched, so I used what you had linked).

After a quick check, I used all the threads you posted except for these characters.

Falcon - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204097

Ganon - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202473

Luigi - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190139

Mario - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212008

Pit - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212541
Don't use that Mario thread. Hero pulled most of those numbers out of his behind. Well, he did use the matchup discussions as a reference, but they're only agreed upon by him. Keep to Boss's thred.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

What's the point?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Squirtle > Toon Link
Ivysaur = Toon Link
Charizard = Toon Link
PT = Toon Link
Squirtle = Sonic
Ivysaur = Sonic
Charizard = Sonic
PT = Sonic

the only new ones agreed by both boards

Adapt

Smash Lord
ZSS goes even with TL and DDD, and has a 70/30 over Ganon

These are agreed with on the respective boards

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
There's a hella lot to update.

So I'm gonna contribute some more.

ZSS v Sonic has been agreed 60:40 in ZSS' favour.

Sonic v Olimar has been agreed neutral on both boards (45:55 Olimar's favour on ours, 50:50 on theirs)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Bump for >:o at Dangr

Kirby matchups

Agreed disadvantage
G&W
Marth
Zelda

Agreed Neutral
MK
Wario
Lucario
Kirby
DK
ZSS
Pit*

Peach
Wolf
Luigi
Mario*

Lucas
Ness
Yoshi
EDIT3: I think it's safe to add ROB (agreed 55 ROB's adv)
EDIT4: Ganon is agreed 55 Kirby's adv

Agreed Advantage
Dedede
Diddy
Olimar
Fox
Sheik
Sonic

Agreed Large Advantage
Link

Oddities
Falco (we say 60-40, they say 70-30 our favour)
TL (we say 55-45, they say 60-40)

Disagreements (they say neutral, we say our adv)
EDIT4: Ganondorf
Ike

The other guys havent done the matchup yet
All others EDIT: incl. ZSS, Luigi

EDIT2: * = stickied matchup chart does not have a Kirby rationbut an alternate chart does

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

I only scrolled through Luigi's matchups...

Is he actually THAT GOOD against Diddy, a 70/30 Luigi's favor?

There is no way in hell Luigi has a matchup 80/20 Jiggs favor. He should have an advantage. save this matchup ratio for DDD.

Is Luigi's disadvantage against Falco really a 70/30 Falco's favor? (I heard it wasn't, but I could be wrong).

Still, this chart is useful, just need some sprucing up.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Is Luigi's disadvantage against Falcon really a 70/30 Falco's favor? (I heard it wasn't, but I culd be wrong).
Wait, is Falco so overpowered that he wins a matchup he's not even playing in: Falcon vs Luigi? ;)

Top Bottom