• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Snap didn't you have to play Nick Riddle? What was that like?
I think Stockfield had to play him too.
Yeah It was mad hard seeing as how ive never played that character before. Im going to practice that matchup with Turtl or stingers and Money match him at DC. I kept it close but hes a much better player than me.

Foxy

Smash Master
Like 80% sure I'd be able to go to MLG DC, my family goes there a lot and probably wouldn't say no to letting me go without them.

I'd have to room with smashers though. Don't know if anyone's looking to grab a hotel room or not.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if enough people give me enough money to go as if the four of them are splitting gas and not me, I will contemplate driving to mlg dc.

it's still like 10 hours of driving for me for an event I have borderline no interest in, but I will think about it.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Like 80% sure I'd be able to go to MLG DC, my family goes there a lot and probably wouldn't say no to letting me go without them.

I'd have to room with smashers though. Don't know if anyone's looking to grab a hotel room or not.
Guys for MLG DC. I should have two spots in my car left atm. I'm talking to my mom about getting her Impala so gas shouldn't be that much of a problem.

As for hotel rooms, it would be awesome if NC got a few and shared the cost?

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Yeah then I got beat by Nick Riddle, I wish he had beaten Cheese. I think I could have beaten him and gotten 25th but oh well, there is still DC.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I got PP to tell me all these funny things to cheese when I had Brawl and a wii one day and I told him I was taking off my shirt and using falcon.
He just acted super professional.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Yeah then I got beat by Nick Riddle, I wish he had beaten Cheese. I think I could have beaten him and gotten 25th but oh well, there is still DC.
NR was ****** Cheese....until NR paused, then Cheese was a little ***** :p

I know its still really early, but I'd like to get rooms and cars figured out for MLG DC. I'm 100% on taking a car right now. As of right now my car is:

CT
Friend of CT going for SCII
Damage Points

Anyone know the limit of how many people we can "have" in one room?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Right after I start reading the Brawl Marth boards and learning things/having someone to play with again.

Or something.

Idk I'm dumb and you can beat me but you're dumb irl.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
When I try to play normally we go to last stock pretty much guaranteed and usually towards last hit/momentum shift.

If I throw in more aerial camping at weird times then sometimes I win by more but not necessarily.

It's very close but I really think you can win. You're just stubborn.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
what I see: "when I try to win then I win"

alright well it'll be awhile before you can quit brawl then pp. lol

clowsui

Smash Legend
Right after I start reading the Brawl Marth boards and learning things/having someone to play with again.

Or something.

Idk I'm dumb and you can beat me but you're dumb irl.
hold up i wanna correct a misconception here

people don't learn things in the marth boards any more :(

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@Stongers: That's because you're stubborn.

@clowsui: What happened to that hard work and dedicated theme we had going for ourselves for so long?

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'm actually not quite sure :( I think it's because Emblem Lord left, Steel stopped caring and NEO and Mike don't share much unless asked or unless they want information themselves. All of our critique people disappeared, and it seems as though there haven't been any new techniques developed for Marth (because there aren't any left to discover, I think).

I myself feel like as though Marth has a long way to go but a lot of his tricks are useful in matchup specific situations and high level Marth can't really be explained through doing more of "x" or less of "y", there's a lot of abstractions associated with Marth. The heart of Marth boards' activity should actually be in matchup-based discussions because Marth can be played in so many different ways...but somehow we just don't wanna talk about it even though we have so many smart people.

Sigh :<

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah I was kinda noticing some diminished activity when I popped in every once in a while. Didn't think it got THAT bad though.

Agreed @ abstractions and needed matchup discussion. I doubt we have all of the modern tricks covered and "countered" anymore. I'm tempted to try something but my knowledge is terribly outdated and I'm just not playing enough to give Marths enough ideas anyway I'd bet.

My only hope is some of the Marths can be reached out to again that are active(wtf happened to Pierce???) and some good discussion starts back up.

I would say something to Kadaj but I'd put $20 on him still being sore at me for that thing I like to say about him maining MK LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom