• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
what is the best thing to do stratigy wise when you play as marth

what is his best arieal attack

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
forward+b is amazing if used sparingly, and spaced well.

It's pretty good for throwing it out there out of a dash. You can't properly DI a move if you're not expecting it, so saying you can DI out of the attack is a moot point.

You can DI out of anything, but it doesn't mean you're going to.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
in PAL it'd probably be Falcon or Falco, Iono. Maybe still Sheik.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
fox is his second worst match-up.
Not sure if fox is worse than falcon. He can at least 0-death fox back through CG's and a great edgeguard.

EDIT: His WD and DD also help a lot against fox. Grabs aren't unachievable, especially when a fair can lead to grab.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I don't really have trouble with Fox just keep distance and chain grab etc, the whole falcon doing a 0 -> death on a marth is pretty scary though

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
lmao falcon can't 0-death marth unless you have really bad DI. his only real kill combos are uthrow->knee and dthrow->knee (if you don't DI down/away, or if you are thrown off the stage)

fox can waveshine you into usmash or uthrow->uair or just hit you off the stage and bair you over and over til you don't come back. fox also has better combos on marth and has a projectile to force his approach.

plus that flash in the night sends you down and you can't grab the edge.

X1-12

Smash Champion
well me saying 0 to death is a bit of an exaggeration bit much its more like 30 -> death, something like d-throw -> several up-airs -> knee

apparantly I'm DI'ing the throw wrong.. how should I DI up/down throw from falcon

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lmao falcon can't 0-death marth unless you have really bad DI. his only real kill combos are uthrow->knee and dthrow->knee (if you don't DI down/away, or if you are thrown off the stage)

fox can waveshine you into usmash or uthrow->uair or just hit you off the stage and bair you over and over til you don't come back. fox also has better combos on marth and has a projectile to force his approach.

plus that flash in the night sends you down and you can't grab the edge.
FAlcon is one of the most direct punishers in the game.

He can definately 0-death marth.

Falcons game is more than aerial auto combos. He tech chases very well and can punish with stomps into knees.

Fox should not be able to shine upsmash "unless you have really bad DI" Its really hard to waveshine marth and if hit with the shine and he comes with a grouned approach you should simply CCS into a grab.

Fox should drill shine marth and there is almost nothing he can do, except smash DI away from the drill into a grab or something.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
marth escapes falcon's combos better than any other character because he has a sword.

falcon relies on "combos" that aren't real but rely on reaction time and the idea that if they try to jump out, you get a kill (either by taking their jump or keeping them in the air).

marth can just cstick forward and it ties/beats 50% of falcon's follow ups from grabs or aerials.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
marth escapes falcon's combos better than any other character because he has a sword.

falcon relies on "combos" that aren't real but rely on reaction time and the idea that if they try to jump out, you get a kill (either by taking their jump or keeping them in the air).

marth can just cstick forward and it ties/beats 50% of falcon's follow ups from grabs or aerials.
That doesnt change the fact falcon can still 0-death marth.

That doesnt change the fact that its a very possible situation if marth doesnt apply his knowledge and tech correctly.

There is no reason to play theory smash in this situation. It happens all the time whether it be a string of aerials or a bunch of reads or a tandem of both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH_QDhyGjsU#movie_player

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
LMAO, mind games.

Taj should have used the character selection bug. It would have shown him as white marth but he really coulda been m2 lol

Niko45

Smash Master
Mostly on approach and stuff from neutral position. I feel like fox just always hits me from neutral position unless they make a bad mistake. I just find myself doing notably worse against fox than against even the same people using other characters.

Top Bottom