• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Aesir

Smash Master
All that is DIable LOL, I'll admit up-b would throw a lot of sheiks off but once you know how to DI it it's easy to survive. (not nearly as easy as f-smash.)

**** why do you have to live in Toronto? Someone hold a huge tourney on the east coast again or something. =( Actually are there any big tourneys coming up in Canada within a reasonable time?

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Late d-air is pretty much your best stuff until high %. At low % they won't go far enough to avoid follow ups.

Edit: Grmo's hosting another Starfurry, that's usually like 60-100 including Quebec. Come to that xD It's at the start of May

Aesir

Smash Master
Late d-air is pretty much your best stuff until high %. At low % they won't go far enough to avoid follow ups.

Edit: Grmo's hosting another Starfurry, that's usually like 60-100 including Quebec. Come to that xD It's at the start of May
If my monetary situation permits it I'll try lol.

I'm going to try this mute city thing, because I'm always looking for gay stuff to pull on sheik.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Does anyone try up-tilt to reverse dolphin slash on fast fallers? Something that'd work a bit better near the edge or something like that--but I've never seen this done. Was just messing around and thought it'd be interesting. It works on others too, it's just that the up-tilt keeps fast fallers close enough at high percents to do this for a kill. Kinda reminds me of stomp to knee with Falcon.

Edit: Could use up-air too. Either way. And it seems to kinda work on Ganon too. I'm gonna try using this next week on Arc and see how it goes.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Does anyone try up-tilt to reverse dolphin slash on fast fallers? Something that'd work a bit better near the edge or something like that--but I've never seen this done. Was just messing around and thought it'd be interesting. It works on others too, it's just that the up-tilt keeps fast fallers close enough at high percents to do this for a kill. Kinda reminds me of stomp to knee with Falcon.

Edit: Could use up-air too. Either way. And it seems to kinda work on Ganon too. I'm gonna try using this next week on Arc and see how it goes.

Why would you slash dolphins? :(

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Up-tilt a fastfaller at high percent into a dolphin slash? How would that even work. If you're at the edge then just go for an Fsmash/non-tipped Fair anyways instead. You'll get the kill anyways -.-;;

I guess at untipped Uair into dolphin woulda kindaaa work. It seems situational to me though

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Up-tilt a fastfaller at high percent into a dolphin slash? How would that even work. If you're at the edge then just go for an Fsmash/non-tipped Fair anyways instead. You'll get the kill anyways -.-;;

I guess at untipped Uair into dolphin woulda kindaaa work. It seems situational to me though
It would work by jumping in the air, and then doing a reverse up+B. Get it? XD

And yeah, I know you can get the kill in another way--but creativity is what makes the world go 'round. Oh, and plus, there's a possibility at higher percents for them to jump out of being combo'd into an f-smash (DJ -> reverse up+B would be quicker) and a reverse up+B knocks them back further. That AND even at lower percents I feel like it'd do more to put them in a more edge-guardable position than an f-smash or f-air. And this can also be used against some other characters (like Ganon) at lower percents as well.

And it's not 'situational' you could do it any time you could up-tilt/up-air to f-smash. This just hits them farther and is more awesome. Even if you're more toward the middle of the stage you could not reverse the up+B so it puts you in a better position to edgeguard.

But just don't question it--it's amazing. When I get a copy of Windows XP (need to run Boot Camp on my mac) I'll grab a Gamebridge and start recording matches. Then you'll see the amazingness that I'm talking about.

Why would you slash dolphins? :(
Because I'm just that hardcore.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I uthrow to reverse Dolphin Slash sometimes, but... it's unwieldy, as it becomes unnecessarily difficult if they DI behind you or wiggle out furiously. Honestly, it's nice every once in a while, but I feel like you're better off most of the time trying to set up an fsmash with a uair or something like that instead.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Well, u-throw to reverse Dolphin Slash isn't the best idea, in my opinion. If I get the u-throw off and they're in range to do a reverse Dolphin Slash, I can probably shffl an up-air on them too, which if I recall correctly, should stun them for longer or allow Marth to respond quicker. I'm not sure exactly, but I just feel like I can respond a lot quicker after an up-air rather than an up-throw. That and the up-air just racks up damage making the reverse Dolphin Slash send them farther.

The point isn't just for it to look cool--it's just unexpected. Of course it's dependent on DI and such, but that's why you watch first and see which is the better choice. Honestly, if I can get the Dolphin Slash, I will. It's just not expected. Every fast-faller is going to be expecting the f-smash. Even if either will hit and kill, still go for the less expected one. Just messes with people's heads, y'know?

But if you guys don't like it, don't use it. I plan on using it, though.

Binx

Smash Master
I nair fast fallers at higher percents, I saw M2K weak bair combo fast fallers at high percents, well at least high when your a spacy fighting m2k

Binx

Smash Master
hey cactuar do you got any tips vs falcon ON stage?
If they dash dance carelessly nail em with a dash attack into ****

if they don't dash dance carelessly then go for intelligent grabs and tech chase until you can get them of the edge.

Also tippers fairs to grabs work at lower percents, make sure to DI away when you expect anything but a knee and di up vs knee depending on percent.

Falcon's CC sucks so you won't need to worry about it much. Just make sure to try and get in fairly close on the ground before you jump so he can't easily grab you, you don't want to be in the air unless its right before you attack.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I uthrow to reverse Dolphin Slash sometimes, but... it's unwieldy, as it becomes unnecessarily difficult if they DI behind you or wiggle out furiously. Honestly, it's nice every once in a while, but I feel like you're better off most of the time trying to set up an fsmash with a uair or something like that instead.
After a up throw huh?

That's pretty interesting.

Never tried that one before.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
The reason people reverse up b the fox and falco recovery is because its easy to hit if you set it up right.

Trying to do unessasary things will just end up costing you the match.

Of course in friendlies it doesn't matter because i just try to have fun when i have play friendlies.

But the point is I wouldn't recommend making up throw to reverse up b a habit.

I would work more on using your up b out of shield if anything because there is so many things you could do after an up throw that is much better then an up b.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
After a up throw huh?

That's pretty interesting.

Never tried that one before.
I stole it from one of Gimpyfish's videos. It's pretty stupid... only really useful at like... ninety or so percent when they don't DI/DI forward.

EDIT: Oh, and I agree. Dolphin Slash out of shield rocks. It's basically a frame four attack, since frame five is invincible, and also the hitbox of the attack, making it just as fast as a perfect shine out of shield as Fox/Screw Attack out of shield.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Ever up-throw a fast faller onto a platform at low % and then u-tilt them only for them to CC and then get away?
Wavelanding on platforms with grab like Sheiks to do as answer to CC at low %. >_> Discuss

Aesir

Smash Master
Ever up-throw a fast faller onto a platform at low % and then u-tilt them only for them to CC and then get away?
Wavelanding on platforms with grab like Sheiks to do as answer to CC at low %. >_> Discuss
I don't think you would have enough time, they could just jump up and avoid you by the time you waveland onto the platform.

Unless you're talking about it like a mix up, instead of uptilting you waveland on the platform and grab as they get up where they would expect a uptilt.

In that case maybe lol.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
If they tech roll I'm finding it's 100%. If they tech in place >_> uhhh they can shine you 100% it seems X.X. I need to try being further back on the platform before decide if that's for sure though.
I dunno, this is mostly for dealing with that CC under like 30 or something? and for DL64 for people who want to be able to keep their CG going.

Vs. Falcon I don't see a way out for him xD His tech roll is too good.

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
2 quick questions

1.should i never attempt to Bair a sheik ? or is it a high reward

2. What is the best throw to tech Chase with ?

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Really the only throw you can tech chase anybody with is the Down throw.

So basically if your back is facing the edge and your close to it, Down throw.

Otherwise in mid stage your better off up throwing (assuming its a fast faller)

If its a floaty I would foward throw.

Aesir

Smash Master
Lol no you can tech chase with up throw or forward throw. I prefer up throws at low percents to tech chase falcon, and I'll mix up forward throws to throw them off. (falcon that is.)

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
In GENERAL dthrow is your tech chasing throw. But Fthrow works really well too because if they jump out of it then you can just Fair/Nair them.

Also if you Uthrow someone onto a platform, why would you Utilt rather than tip an Fsmash? I can see why you would if they're at high percent and you want to be a little bit safer with the upward kill but otherwise..

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Uptilt isn't as punishable as a missed fsmash. Also the Fsmash's hitbox for plaforms is much smaller than the utilt. also the utilt is much more forgiving and can be spammed to certain degree w/o being punished.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
For Falcon I would D-Throw at low percentages, up throw at mid to anything depending on their DI and your reaction and hopefully a combo.

At High precentages I F-throw because usually I can chase them pretty well with a Fair but I also F-Throw at low percentages if they are near the edge because then I can d-tilt them off the stage.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
For Falcon I would D-Throw at low percentages, up throw at mid to anything depending on their DI and your reaction and hopefully a combo.

At High precentages I F-throw because usually I can chase them pretty well with a Fair but I also F-Throw at low percentages if they are near the edge because then I can d-tilt them off the stage.
Upthrow is actually good for Falcon at low % as well. It's also easier to tech chase.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
uthrow is ok against falcon... falcon jumps out of that all day guys idk what your talking about.

its only useful till less than like 18%.

unless your going for utilt juggle at like 32% or fsmash tip around 59-65.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Jumping out is exactly what you want so I don't see the problem there. If they jump out at low % they don't get very high and you can uptilt tipper them pretty easily. At that % is easy to juggle with 3-4 uptilts or regrabs as well.

I've never actually seen a Falcon wiggle out to land and Jab, that's interesting to know. All the Falcon's I know will try jumping out, get ***** by uptilt juggles then try teching instead. I feel like you can still respond to this though. But it does give them a way out I guess.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Jumping out is exactly what you want so I don't see the problem there. If they jump out at low % they don't get very high and you can uptilt tipper them pretty easily. At that % is easy to juggle with 3-4 uptilts or regrabs as well.

I've never actually seen a Falcon wiggle out to land and Jab, that's interesting to know. All the Falcon's I know will try jumping out, get ***** by uptilt juggles then try teching instead. I feel like you can still respond to this though. But it does give them a way out I guess.
^exactly this^

Up throw to tech chase is easy yeah but I feel more comfortable with D-Throw.

Also Cactuar I don't know if you know that frame perfect trick with Marths D-Throw in which you down throw them towards the edge and if you turn around and d-tilt you will hit them if they tech in place, hit them if they tech away, hit them if they don't tech and grab them if they tech towards you (you just gotta be perfect with the turn around grab), they gotta be close to edge too so that if they tech away they don't move at all or very little.

Anyways I do it to Falcon mains alot and it seems to work, not sure if the Falcon is perfect if they can Gentlemen out of it.

This might be a question for Cort but I think you should know.

Top Bottom