• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Doesn't work. If they do it at around 70% and aren't slow as molasses it's a guaranteed combo regardless of DI.
They mean Di for survival not to avoid the knee.

DAm scar thats how it goes huh lol. just combos into death at any percent. Well at least its easy to get you *****es off the stage haha

Also to be honest anytime Im ledgehoping to anything against a falcon its cuz I messed up the edgeguard. I have no problem with the dair. goin in backwords allows an easy back air or dair.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
haha what if they go high. and you cant forward smash from the ledge
and if they go high? you mean not sweetspot? just learn how to hit with the tip dude -_-

and i meant ledgehop onto the stage to shffle it btw,if you missed the sweetspot just shffl it into fsmash

i played marth before captain was my main and i can assure you that is the best edgeguard

EDIT:this vid shows thow frustrating can it be just ignore the music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeyKI7j_p5Q

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
and if they go high? you mean not sweetspot? just learn how to hit with the tip dude -_-

and i meant ledgehop onto the stage to shffle it btw,if you missed the sweetspot just shffl it into fsmash

i played marth before captain was my main and i can assure you that is the best edgeguard

EDIT:this vid shows thow frustrating can it be just ignore the music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeyKI7j_p5Q
No actually not what I mean at all. C. FAlcon by many pros say the best general position for falcon to recover is to go as High as possible due to his weight in which you can DI farther onto the stage from low knockback.

I play marth so of course im familiar with the tip of the sword. Just so often ppl go for the smash and just give falcon more chances to recover. I was just curios as to if anyone else used my method to just full hop dair and say **** the bull**** lol. Instant kill. All of the falcon players Ive faced say thats really hard to deal with and they almost had no chance.

Marth is not that gay. To play marth well I think is legit and also takes a moderate amount of tech skill.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Marth is easy to play but hes hard to master.

Probably why theres only like 1 or 2 marths that do well In big tournaments and like a Billions Space animals.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
what the hell are you talking about? that thing is an auto-kill if u hit whit the tip even at 30% XD
Haha if you do it close to the stage then yes. Also good falcons can tech dairs and Fsmashes while close to the stage.

Thats why I like to just anticipate the up b which u kno they gotta do lol and meet it with a full hop dair. its away from the stage and theres nothing to tech off of. Unless SS can tech on air lol.

And yea. about 30% you pretty much say they got kilt off regardless of DI if they are away from the stage

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Well Its a reliable edge guard but It's not something I would do all the time.(its my preference)

I'd rather make them scared of my next move instead of knowing Im gonna come out there and try to hit them with a dair.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Well Its a reliable edge guard but It's not something I would do all the time.(its my preference)

I'd rather make them scared of my next move instead of knowing Im gonna come out there and try to hit them with a dair.
haha that fine lol. They are afraid of it so then they go low and I just grab the ledge lol.

kilt off lol

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Question:

A friend and I were discussing just good general stuff to do with Marth. We talked most of the basics, then he suggested WDing into a utilt, both offensively and defensively. I'd never considered the option, and have yet to test in an actual match for viability. Since nobody around me ever wants to play, I'll save me a future tourney match and just ask:

Is this ever useful/good to do? Or is there a much simpler option that has the same principles covered?

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Well I won a Tourney match by wavedashing onto the stage from the edge into a up-tilt because it came out so fast and its pretty strong at high percent they didnt have time to react.

They were above me so its almost impossible for them to out prioritize me if i space it well enough.

I wouldn't suggest try to approach someone with a WD>uptilt.

but you gave me a good idea just now, whenever I get shield pressure and they hit the top of my shield Im gonna wavedash through them into a uptilt.(atleast for space animals)
Its fast and if I miss it its not easily punishable, unlike f-smashing.

I let you guys know how well it works.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, wavedash utilt as a starter isn't very good for anything. You can use it for like... juggles... or against Jiggs after an fthrow or something.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
WD uptilt doesnt really make sense. I can see it being used normally like the opponent is above and the WD is just your means of getting under them.

But to approach with and uptilt is not to great. Marth has a fair lol which can send ppl up and set them up for an uptilt.

it just doesnt have enough range to where you would feel safe from attacks. Use the reverse uptilt for spacing. Alot of times it can move marth out of some attacks and the blade coming down just sends them up as a great combo starter.

I do like to fair thru somebodys shield and land with a uair on the other side. thats kinda similar in effect to what I think you were hoping for.

I do kinda like WD past someone and using the uptilt idea tho. Ill give that a try

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Wavelanding on stage with uptilt is super situational, hardly ever will you have an opponent approach you with an aerial(above you when they are on the stage) because it can be punished pretty easily. If they are to do that you are better off coming up with an uair.

Also i really wouldn't recomend trying to wd past someone to uptilt. The ONLY way this will work is if you are playing a bad player or if you pressure someone well that they will be holding their shield up a long time. Even then grab is a better option than utilt because say they hold their shield up longer and you do uptilt, backair out of shield, roll away or jump out of shield to get away if they are good + reaction time.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Wavelanding on stage with uptilt is super situational, hardly ever will you have an opponent approach you with an aerial(above you when they are on the stage) because it can be punished pretty easily. If they are to do that you are better off coming up with an uair.

Also i really wouldn't recomend trying to wd past someone to uptilt. The ONLY way this will work is if you are playing a bad player or if you pressure someone well that they will be holding their shield up a long time. Even then grab is a better option than utilt because say they hold their shield up longer and you do uptilt, backair out of shield, roll away or jump out of shield to get away if they are good + reaction time.
No I agree but I was only considering using it as a once in a bluemoon mindgame. Like If I wavedash past its possible they will release their shield since there is no longer a grab threat and to go for the back air which the uptilt should take priority.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Eh, generally I just run past them to crouch cancel turnaround fsmash =P

KAOSTAR's got a point though - tippered fairs are launchers as well and much safer to boot.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord

Well I already said before I've only done the waveland to uptilt like once.

Also the Shield wave dash to uptilt was when you are being pressured not to pressure someone else. (thats just dum XD)

Anyways yeah all of this is just me making stuff up.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Well I already said before I've only done the waveland to uptilt like once.

Also the Shield wave dash to uptilt was when you are being pressured not to pressure someone else. (thats just dum XD)

Anyways yeah all of this is just me making stuff up.
If u are getting pressure by anyone who knows what they are doing WD into them is a terrible idea. There is startup and cool down lag from it and u will get ur ******* penetrated. Its alot safer to WD away to gain your spacing and escape pressure.

Of course if there is a break in pressure then I guess u can do what u want. I like to WD out of shield to tech chase and get fsmashes off when ppl attack thru my shield.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I Dolphin Slash out of shield when someone uses their get up attack, provided I think they either won't DI it correctly, they are close to an edge or they are at a high percent. I do it in my second video that I posted, in case anyone ever wants to take a look. <_<

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I Dolphin Slash out of shield when someone uses their get up attack, provided I think they either won't DI it correctly, they are close to an edge or they are at a high percent. I do it in my second video that I posted, in case anyone ever wants to take a look. <_<
yea I prefer to do a reverse lol.

Another thing I like to do is after a downthrow and they miss the tech. run up and shield.

Often the run up makes them think they can hit u with the getup attack.

The do a reverse dolphin slash out of shield

its troublesome lol

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I used to do that. I usually wavejab now, and hope to get lucky with a reset. Don't actually know the percentages.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
elven?!?!? not knowing percentages??!?!

MADNESS

wavejab with marth is cool though after someone misses a tech i like that one

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Are u talking about a jab reset or a thunders. Cuz he can thunders off the d throw with a missed tech. Ill admit that the jab is sexier but I always go with just the appropriate tech chase or straight for the forward smash.

for resets try this out. forward throw until ur opponent is at the percent where they fall. right when they fall use side B. and regrab. Its not garunteed but u can catch many ppl off guard if u dont overuse it. Also you can do it with the down throw. It gets the job done and make them panic if they havent seen it before

Top Bottom