• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Marth leans when he runs, leans when he Uptilts, crouches when he lands, and is exposing less of a bodybox to hit when facing away from the opponent.

This character really makes you want to get creative to dodge and counter things haha. Also kind of makes you wonder who else has stuff like this.

CC'ing with Marth is stupid good and everyone should do it. CC grab and general CC shenaniganry seems so underused these days but it helps maximize one's use of low %.

Uair stuns forever when tippered, and the front part of Uair is all tipper for some reason. This leads to fun combos and funny shield pressure.

If one is patient/methodical enough, then Upthrow is generally a really strong option vs every character. Uair and Utilt are HUGE.

YS/PS slants need to be abused more for stuuuupid edgeguards with Dtilt/Fsmash LOL. It's unfair how great they are.

Shieldbreaker. In positions where Marth feels no need to get a grab, that move is the go-to choice to get people to cut that out and opens up free kills with Utilt/Fsmash/Ftilt sometimes.

Dtilt. Seriously. dhblin;gsbgdnj

Dtilt

/6:30AM thoughts

Bones0

Smash Legend
Next time I play Marth dittos I'm going to try just uthrow all the time and using fthrow/dthrow as occasional mixups. I'm really confident in my juggle game, but I never abuse it. -.- Plus Marth is lolgarbage at escaping stuff without his DJ... like THEY SHOULD DIE EVERY TIME bad.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I got destroyed by Moose yesterday. I will post the videos. I try to force shield grabs way too often and get punished really hard for it. (both th0rn and moose combo marth like he should be)

I'm sure there were other things I was losing to that I didn't see so I'll be asking for some help on that part. Anyway you can post links to your matches PP?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
When they go up, yeah man. I'll get on that really soon. I have some vs Falco videos in there I think.

Bones: Solid choice manz. Fthrow/Dthrow can be good sometimes but Uthrow is almost always rewarding haha.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
What matchups do you guys wanna see videos of?

I have vs Falco(needs work but it's okay), vs Peach, vs Sheik, and maybe Fox idk(does anyone wanna see that anyway? lol everyone just kinda whomps on Fox)

I have a lot and I'm not putting stuff up you guys don't wanna see LOL.

Beat!

Smash Master
I'll watch everything you upload, but I'm the most interested in vs Peach videos, and then vs Sheik after that. The others aren't a must, but again, I'd watch them.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
<3 Marth dittos!

None of those available though =(

Working on getting a quick peach video online, then a longer sheik one coming afterward.

Whenever I find Falco I'll throw that online as well.

Edit: MT you want Fox? Hm

aight then I'll get some of those up as well =)

Double edit: short peach vid is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJGBYwHvbpg&list=UUsrUCyrwJxAGrCyeLRZhnKA&index=1&feature=plcp

Big Triple: I feel pretty meh about the vs Falco matches, but maybe if people would want to critique+enjoy them that could be a good use of them. I have quite a few vs Falco matches I'm seeing.

Pullin a Quad(where are the posts when you need them): I have uploaded vs Fox. I'm gonna go eat dinner with my family and then see what requests are like. I have more videos vs each character I uploaded, so if anyone wants to see more of me vs any character I have up just say so =p

Construct

Smash Journeyman
PP I love your movement! So smooth and quick. Your use of dair and nair is sweet too, I need to use those more often. Twice you dash attacked in the wrong direction, were you going for fancy pivot fsmashes there?

First five seconds.... ****

The irony of you being bad at the Falco MU. Shame, that's the one I would've wanted to see the most :(

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yes I was going for pivots =p

And yeah if you didn't like the Falco matches I understand. I'll put on a much better show next time I play one I figure. I just have little experience in the matchup on that end haha. It'll get better no worries

Also I'm glad you liked my movement it's sooo useful for Marth and making his hitboxes more dangerous. =)

Sox

Smash Journeyman
PP is there a chance we'll start to see your marth being played in tournys more often than your falco? Cuuz i'd like it. a lot.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PP is there a chance we'll start to see your marth being played in tournys more often than your falco? Cuuz i'd like it. a lot.
I think that is a distinct possibility the farther along this goes. How much Marth I cannot yet say.

character dependent.

Also @ PP: up-b oos with marth is faster than falco's shine oos

:phone:
Faster? By 1 frame? I always forget the exact number XD

Moooose

Smash Champion
I got destroyed by Moose yesterday. I will post the videos. I try to force shield grabs way too often and get punished really hard for it. (both th0rn and moose combo marth like he should be)

I'm sure there were other things I was losing to that I didn't see so I'll be asking for some help on that part. Anyway you can post links to your matches PP?
you recorded that? nice! can't wait to watch. i feel like my combo game was enhanced like 2x from watching pp vids lolll (at least vs marth and sheik)

leffen

Smash Champion
learn to powershield and pivot q_q

Watching you vs that Falco was like watching Batman against some random liquor store thief but in the process of beating the **** out of this low life Batman trips over and sets fire to the store by accident.

idk where im going with this but u makin us all sad pp :<

Bones0

Smash Legend
When is up-B OoS vs. Shine OoS even relevant? We were talking about up-B OoS vs. shine grab. And yeah, it is the same as shine OoS anyway.

unknown522

Some guy
Marth's up-B hits frame 5, plus you need one frame to start a jump OoS (correct me if I'm wrong), so Marth's up-B OoS hits frame 6.
isnt the 1 frame jump startuP for when you're JCing something?

The up-b does hit on frame 4 though. And is invincible on that frame

Edit: nope I'm wrong. All that stuff happens in Frame 5. My bad

:phone:

Anand

Smash Journeyman
isnt the 1 frame jump startuP for when you're JCing something?
I'm not totally sure of this, but I think that when you up-B out of shield, you are JCing. Just like an up smash out of shield.

Edit:

I just tested, and I think you have to JC.

pause > hold up+B > unpause = Dolphin Slash
shield > pause > hold up+B > unpause = Jump
shield > pause > hold A > unpause = Grab

So based on this, I think you have to input B one frame after up to up-B OoS. (Assuming I understand the pause/unpause mechanics correctly; I haven't tested things like this before.)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
learn to powershield and pivot q_q

Watching you vs that Falco was like watching Batman against some random liquor store thief but in the process of beating the **** out of this low life Batman trips over and sets fire to the store by accident.

idk where im going with this but u makin us all sad pp :<
I never get the chance to practice powershielding because Twitch is a %&^*^&*()_ but I'll practice on CPUs now if I have to.

Yeah pivoting will somehow also work in there <.<

Too much prediction, particularly evident with your tech chasing. I know you're capable of observing and reacting accordingly, so do it.
Yup

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
YS/PS slants need to be abused more for stuuuupid edgeguards with Dtilt/Fsmash LOL. It's unfair how great they are.
Random note: if Marth's back is facing the ledge when he stands on the slant, his hurtbox will be further away from the ledge.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I don't think I understand that, can you explain a little more/provide a visual please?
im pretty sure marth's feet extend his hurtbox a little bit

so if you're standing on the YS slope and want to edgeguard with f-smash, it might help a bit to turn your back to the ledge

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
im pretty sure marth's feet extend his hurtbox a little bit

so if you're standing on the YS slope and want to edgeguard with f-smash, it might help a bit to turn your back to the ledge
Ohhh that's how you meant it. I think I just read your initial post weirdly. Thanks haha =p

PP can you get some more vs Sheik, please? That MU is so hard for me.

And if possible vs Samus.
I can't do Samus for a long time =(

Sheik I'll see if I can get a little more up pretty soon probably.

MT_

Smash Ace
PP thank you very much for the vs Fox matches, I enjoyed them very much =)

I love your use of ftilt on the platforms on YS. I think at that angle fsmash won't cover it which makes it pretty amazing. Definitely stealing that lol.

The reason I wanted to see the Fox matches were because I struggle a lot in the neutral game versus Fox but it seemed you had your opponent conditioned really hard as the Fox was obviously scared about running in against you (so I didn't end up learning as much in that area as I wanted to)... but your dash dancing is freaking amazing, which is probably a big part of what made the Fox scared to run in.

Thank you again for posting the vs Fox matches!

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
time to watch..but i'm always looking for sheik. other than that matches would be preferred by rarity. common characters are easily to find new posts

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PP thank you very much for the vs Fox matches, I enjoyed them very much =)

I love your use of ftilt on the platforms on YS. I think at that angle fsmash won't cover it which makes it pretty amazing. Definitely stealing that lol.

The reason I wanted to see the Fox matches were because I struggle a lot in the neutral game versus Fox but it seemed you had your opponent conditioned really hard as the Fox was obviously scared about running in against you (so I didn't end up learning as much in that area as I wanted to)... but your dash dancing is freaking amazing, which is probably a big part of what made the Fox scared to run in.

Thank you again for posting the vs Fox matches!
They don't run in because they are expecting me to run in usually. Also the times he did run in with Nair I would just CC grab or Nair or pivot grab it. Fox obviously can run in but Marth has solid counters for it unless the Fox is really good at staying close but safe.

Glad you liked it man. =)

Top Bottom