• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Tero.

Smash Champion
I can't really get down that walling. Any players who are specifically good at it? Or better: link to particular matches/videos

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I can't really get down that walling. Any players who are specifically good at it? Or better: link to particular matches/videos
I can't really check now but I believe KDJ has matches up against Chu where he does it decently. But take that with a grain of salt because KDJ plays really differently compared to most.

The thing to remember is you can react jab/dtilt/overb the wavedash at specific lengths, when you can hit the shield it's really just a matter of mixing up the timings so they can't reliably oos you. The thing to be careful about in terms of reacting to wavedashes is that they don't just CC and hit you right after.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think Taj does the ICs MU the best. He seems to really get the poking part of it. Mow told me that Taj's game is a lot of react & deny. I think that kind of play is basically what you need vs ICs because they just constantly fish for certain kinds of setups & mistakes.

Won't bother with a link because they have a ton of sets on Youtube.

Cactuar also does the MU pretty well, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ry-k9uvXd0

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Camping centre stage and then Up Bing to the top platform on Battlefield/Dreamland is kinda ****ing broken vs IC's. They can't really follow you on contact or on shield, IIRC.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
That's a cool idea Speed, sounds hilariously broken.

Anyways, Taj has probably the best vs ICs game i've seen and his thoughts on the MU as of like two months ago are here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14243811#post14243811

The dair grab chaingrab is not guaranteed, marth can actually ASDI out going up and away pretty easily. Other characters like falco have a much harder time getting out.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Not really. At low percents you can mash out of basically everything, even a barely sloppy wobbling attempt, so keep that in mind. If you're being handoff'd (that's the chaingrab where you're on the edge of the stage/platform and they switch which IC is holding you) you can DI off the edge of the platform to cut it short, as nana won't be able to regrab you if you're too far off. In general though, if you get grabbed you're in for a lot of pain. You might want to read Choknator's vs ICs guide over in general discussion, there might be stuff in there.

I'm finding dancing blades for the 2nd up animation rather useful for catching landings. Is the tipped 2nd hit suppose to combo at all into an aerial or Utilt?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I suck vs ICs compared to Taj. :(

Also, I need to play more Marth. But I hate playing Marth. But I love moving around with Marth. But I hate having to do things as Marth. But I love winning with Marth.

Wat do?

Bones0

Smash Legend

Also, I need to play more Marth. But I hate playing Marth. But I love moving around with Marth. But I hate having to do things as Marth. But I love winning with Marth.

Wat do?
I didn't know you had started implementing "moving around" and "doing things" into your gameplay. This I've gotta see.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
shield breaker has a sweetspot near (but not at) the tip, iirc.

in other news, reverse bair is the truth.
I dunno man, reverse fair is pretty true

edit: Cactusman, play a projectile camping marth. Just run around and move, and then win

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

Wat do?
remember when you made chillin SD?

jerk

@Xeylode: I wouldn't think so, but maybe at very specific %s on a couple characters it might work? Couldn't they just CC?

Bones0

Smash Legend
My training partner side-B -> grabbed my missed tech on reaction yesterday, and I was soooooo mindgamed. You can probably also double/triple side-B reliably after missed techs.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Peepeeeee, any plans to go marth at all at smasher's reunion? And are you going to impulse?

I like side-side-side and side-side-down side-b's a lot. They're great for those awkward moments where your back is to the opponent and you need to get something out really quickly. Also great for punishing missed techs.

I don't think side-B or neutral-B differ between tipped and non-tipped.
This is not what I was asking at all unless your talking about some other subject, and not at me. But yeah. There is no tipper on neutral-B.
Wat do?
Play bad people with Marth. Success. Go try hard with fox.
@Xeylode: I wouldn't think so, but maybe at very specific %s on a couple characters it might work? Couldn't they just CC?
Against crouch canceling, yeah, I wouldn't really think about using it unless I wanted a KO attempt with Utilt. I was talking about catching people in the air. As in a method against aerial approaches. But to clarify again, I am not talking about the first dancing blade. I'm talking about this one:

Sword Dance (2, Up)

Total: 40
Hit: 12-15
Window for attack 3: 17-32

I was messing around with sideB 1 -> sideB 2 (up) against non-fastfallers at mid-percents and higher. When tipped, it seemed to have the same amount of hitstun as Utilt, but didn't send them as high.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
construct: I am seriously toying with the idea. Also yeah I'm going to Impulse.

xeylode: I doubt it stuns so much unless the knockback stacks because side B hit 2 isn't as strong as uptilt I'm pretty sure. Either way, the great stun and trajectory of the move on FF'ers is still cool to use in a combo/as a starter.

Have you connected with those 2 and then went on to 3rd hit of side b upwards? I like that a lot for what it does when it hits people but I never use it because it tends to be too slow....it would be great for taking jumps/continuing combos as well I'd think.

I could never get the third hit upwards since the tipper puts someone too high in the air, or the non-tipper barely does anything at all and I have to go into the neutral 3rd hit for the stronger knockback to at least try swatting them away. Well, at least on non-fastfallers. Against Fastfallers I haven't tried it too much since not getting a tipper usually means they land on the ground to cc and too much lag.

Bones0

Smash Legend
This is not what I was asking at all unless your talking about some other subject, and not at me. But yeah. There is no tipper on neutral-B.

Play bad people with Marth. Success. Go try hard with fox.

Against crouch canceling, yeah, I wouldn't really think about using it unless I wanted a KO attempt with Utilt. I was talking about catching people in the air. As in a method against aerial approaches. But to clarify again, I am not talking about the first dancing blade. I'm talking about this one:

Sword Dance (2, Up)

Total: 40
Hit: 12-15
Window for attack 3: 17-32

I was messing around with sideB 1 -> sideB 2 (up) against non-fastfallers at mid-percents and higher. When tipped, it seemed to have the same amount of hitstun as Utilt, but didn't send them as high.
Thaat just seems like it'd be way too slow. I like the idea of hitting people out of the air with the first side-B and continuing it though. It could be better than grabbing at higher %s when you can't link a throw into a KO move.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
gauging by a couple youtube replys from her and some of her other videos, i think she is not. I'm happy, because my faith in humanity may have been shaken irreparably otherwise.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I got the this little piggy so many times growing up.

Hey KK, can I do your nails at Impulse?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so in regards to miss techs...is side b better than just jabbing to reset in any way? does it provide any real benefits? I'm not sure when marth's jab reset becomes smash diable, but i'm guessing it starts instantly.

so i was wondering if you could side b instead, then when they pop up due to smash Diing you can regrab or combo something else

S l o X

Smash Champion
marth is so good.

q:
- f-throw to f-throw at 0% guaranteed on fox/falco? someone told me otherwise and that if they di away and buffer spotdodge / roll they can get away.
- anyone know where armada vs leffen stream where armada only loses like 10 games in 10 hours is?
- what % does u-throw chain grabs stop working vs fox/falco?

Bones0

Smash Legend
I believe side-B stops forcing getups a lot sooner than jab. I jab reset occasionally at lower %s, but it's really just better to react.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
marth is so good.

q:
- f-throw to f-throw at 0% guaranteed on fox/falco? someone told me otherwise and that if they di away and buffer spotdodge / roll they can get away.
- anyone know where armada vs leffen stream where armada only loses like 10 games in 10 hours is?
- what % does u-throw chain grabs stop working vs fox/falco?
-no, because they can DI down and away and dodge then. if they neutral DI or hold in they get regrabbed

-no

-no

um i mean....if they stop DI'ing then it looks like 30/31%. sometimes you can get on more regrab past that % but don't push your luck. If they keep DI'ing to the side then it works until around 53-55% from what I've observed.

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
You must be even better with Sheik though. Your post count sounds just like her.
I think I need to permanently state that the post count is 2222 right at this moment.
ROFL

-no, because they can DI down and away and dodge then. if they neutral DI or hold in they get regrabbed

-no

-no

um i mean....if they stop DI'ing then it looks like 30/31%. sometimes you can get on more regrab past that % but don't push your luck. If they keep DI'ing to the side then it works until around 53-55% from what I've observed.
Actually PP, no DI and a buffered spotdodge will escape the regrab. Kinda gay.

Top Bottom