• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Bing

Smash Master
Since we've established Marth won't win nationals (god you guys were all so late on that btw), lets talk about which nationals specifically he won't be winning.

Taj is not going to Impulse right? I'll put that one down for starters.
You and I.B Got this!

M2K is there too... but he's a Sheik main.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
sup marths, i randomly did something funny today.

I was on onett (what a scrub!) messing around and i realised that as the awnings fall down, any ground move you do while standing on them is instantly canceled.

so i used an utilt that was instantly canceled into an uair, my opponent was trapped in both.
This applys to all chars i just did it with marth randomly and thought this would be a cool place to post it.

I am assuming this type of thing would also work on the windmill in pokestadium.

Just a funny little thing, im not saying this is viable in any way.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
I mean, if you don't jump, then yeah.
Goddamn I keep thinking you're leffen. Too much grammar/punctuation and not enough caps though.

I dont entirely disagree with chipmunk. Current marths (my self included so bad) go for grabs too often and dont get enough out of them.

:phone:

odinNJ

Smash Lord
they literally just used two examples to pretend it happens all the time.

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
Goddamn I keep thinking you're leffen. Too much grammar/punctuation and not enough caps though.

I dont entirely disagree with chipmunk. Current marths (my self included so bad) go for grabs too often and dont get enough out of them.

:phone:
I do the same thing. Keep thinking he's leffen with that silly yoshi picture.

I'm not sure if he misunderstood me; but in now way, shape, or form was I saying not to go for grabs. I was just saying thatv spacing is more important than grabs. You can find several examples of a Marth not grabbing and still winning the match (Even in that sheik vs marth tas the marth only does 1 grab). But you'll never find an instance where the Marth ignores spacing and still wins. At least I don't think you can find one.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Well Kage can beat anyone who picks marth that isnt named M2k PP or Mango. And then its up for grabs.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
lmao kage

*remembers rom3 friendlies*

I was whuppin you with my sick(literally) roy at g2....you don't want the big boy version now
Whopping me? 3-2 at G2 barely won on my side isn't a whoopin and a 3-0 at Apex is a whooping on my side, were you sick, huh? huh?. I do want the big boy version. =)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
apex was my going away present to you kage we've been over this =)

also you barely winning....do you realize how much you have to whup someone to have even a close game with roy? LOL

definitely not ready, but I'll give you a taste at 50% maybe in canada then go back to roy so the games can be close again ;)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Or just do an actual pivot :awesome:

EDIT: Arc does this thing where he pivot shieldgrabs in order to ensure consistency. It's a little weird but I think it works. Pretty much you shield right after turning around then grab which works as kind of a pseudo pivot grab.
I just want to point out that although I'm a different Arc, I regularly pivot grab with just Z or by pivoting and doing a JC grab.

Pivoting in general using the C-stick to fsmash in either direction during dash dancing is so heavily underused I feel as Marth. I can easily tipper falcon overbs, slight spacing adjustments, against jumping approaches rather than pivot grabbing, etc.

It's just really, really underused imo.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
they literally just used two examples to pretend it happens all the time.
It's a joke, awhile ago Kage said he's never lost to a marth those two matches got linked up in under a minute

And if you think Marth doesn't **** just about every ganon that isn't Kage or linguini level you're ****ing dumb lmao

Top Bottom