• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

captain falcon on the next tier list

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

This should be possible, it just has to be :bee:

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
GaW
d3
Snake
Falco
R.O.B.
Marth

High
lucario
Wario
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
diddy kong
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf
Olimar
Toon link

Middle
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
sonic
yoshi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

Hopefully it'll be more like that

can anyone see whats changed? :laugh:

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I placed again 16th at LBT so this is definatly possible, after I learn to take DDD and ROB I should be getting higher

Banana was there........ and I already posted the results in the Ayaz is too good thread

Zeallyx

wellllll......... it is still 60:40.

and we Falcon mains (and Mario mains) can always hope.
Even if meta knight is one of the hardest matchups we have (as falcon mains)
I think it would be stupid if they ban meta knight
I mean come on, he's good, but not that good
and besides, it would be unfair to all players who practiced and maybe even perfected (or just became really good with MK)
it's just not right to ban MK imo

Izaw

Smash Ace
Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Link <---------
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Captain Falcon <-----------
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

Now that's ... my opinion on where Link and Falcon should be <_<...

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
and besides, it would be unfair to all players who practiced and maybe even perfected (or just became really good with MK)
mk sucks. hes not good, hes great. it would be fair , because i'm pretty sure that mk is one of the easiest characters to beat people with and learn. his match ups and priority is REDICULOUS. if a falcon and mk on the same level, were to play then falcon would probably get 2 stocked unless the falcon adapted to the way they play, which most likely wont happen. some people just pick mk because he's just to great, even though they might not be good they might actually have a chance because their using mk, tier whores. Look at the tourney results mk is owning everyone
BAN MK!!!

oh yeah, falcon will probably pass ganon. If we discover some useful techs and win tourneys then he will most likely move up

Face124

Smash Ace
I think its more unfair for the people who practice other mains just as much as them but get wrecked every match.

He has no bad matchups. amazing range. great priority. can kill easily and gimp amazingly. he can combo like crazy. He has the best recovery. the only disadvantage someone could possibly say is that he is light, but that sort of comes with being that small, doesn't it?

If he is so much better than the rest of the cast to the extent that the only way to play at top level is to main/secondary (or be significantly more skilled than everyone else) him, then there is a problem.

Zeallyx

I think its more unfair for the people who practice other mains just as much as them but get wrecked every match.

He has no bad matchups. amazing range. great priority. can kill easily and gimp amazingly. he can combo like crazy. He has the best recovery. the only disadvantage someone could possibly say is that he is light, but that sort of comes with being that small, doesn't it?

If he is so much better than the rest of the cast to the extent that the only way to play at top level is to main/secondary (or be significantly more skilled than everyone else) him, then there is a problem.
for the fact that nothing stops anyone from playing as/maining meta knight, he should not be banned imo

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
King Dedede
Snake
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Ice Climbers
Diddy
Pikachu
Pit
Kirby
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Zelda
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Link
Sonic
Captain Falcon
Samus
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

This looks about right, IMO.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Izaw's list completely, there is no way that link isnt higher the sheer number of ATs at Link's disposal can eliminate nearly all of his shortcomings- this is the same reason that falcon should be higher, but not higher than link.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I agree with Izaw's list completely, there is no way that link isnt higher the sheer number of ATs at Link's disposal can eliminate nearly all of his shortcomings- this is the same reason that falcon should be higher, but not higher than link.
Well I would say Link is higher then I put him, but those AT's he has at his disposal does scare some people away from using him at a high level of play.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I thought Izaw's list was a sort of... a joke, or with the Link part at least.
I may be wrong but I don't think he is. Izaw has atleast gotten third in every european tournament, Deva has beaten DSF and has only been beaten by a falco in recent memory ( of whichhe said after taking izaw's advice he was able to 2 stock him atleast, in every other match). The link community has a quality of quantity syndrome right now. with only maybe 5 competitive links as of now ( Deva, Legan, Arkive Zero, Ardes and I ), but starting next semester we are expecting many more links to enter the tourney scene. Though I do not see link being that high, I know he deserves to be. At any rate this is a falcon thread/forum so I'll stay on topic.

Falcon deserves to be higher in my opinion also, which actually Sethlon, Hylian and I were talking about at the last HOBO. Just he needs to be perfected. Mid-Tier atleast :)

Zeallyx

I may be wrong but I don't think he is. Izaw has atleast gotten third in every european tournament, Deva has beaten DSF and has only been beaten by a falco in recent memory ( of whichhe said after taking izaw's advice he was able to 2 stock him atleast, in every other match). The link community has a quality of quantity syndrome right now. with only maybe 5 competitive links as of now ( Deva, Legan, Arkive Zero, Ardes and I ), but starting next semester we are expecting many more links to enter the tourney scene. Though I do not see link being that high, I know he deserves to be. At any rate this is a falcon thread/forum so I'll stay on topic.

Falcon deserves to be higher in my opinion also, which actually Sethlon, Hylian and I were talking about at the last HOBO. Just he needs to be perfected. Mid-Tier atleast :)
wait WHAT?

falcon mid tier?

I'm sorry, but no XD
I think he can climb some places up on the list..but mid tier?
not in our low priority lives XD

LinIsKorean

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I sorta want Falcon to stay at the bottom. It helps mindgame opponents early on into thinking you're going to suck. =P (And quite frankly, I've always mained the 'worst' characters in the SSB games. It's how I roll, how I play to win.)

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
wait WHAT?
Falcon mid tier? I'm sorry, but no XD
Mid Tier sounds pretty reasonable, I'd say. Also, W.E.M.P. is in my crew, and he plays my competitive falcon daily, he probably has a good idea of what a falcon is capable of. It seems like all the best link players say falcon should be higher- i think its because it takes a low tier to empathize with another low tier. A link can respect the kind of work required to take Captain Falcon to the top (or at least mid).

Also i wouldn't invest too much in the "low tier, so you suck" mind game. How long can that really last? You would probably have more people underestimate your falcon by disagreeing with his new placement on the tier list (of which will most likely be widely discredited and abhorred) than you would normally, expecting your opponent to predetermine that you are using him as a result of flagrant disregard of common sense, or because you are simply uninformed.

Either way, good luck, and godspeed.

Face124

Smash Ace

hmmm.... I see what ur saying, but really, is that not because of a difference in skill or a lack of knowledge on the matchup on the opponents part. I dont think the SBR would be that far off anyway. really, I can't see link being better than kirby, pika, ic's or anyone like that really.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
hmmm.... I see what ur saying, but really, is that not because of a difference in skill or a lack of knowledge on the matchup on the opponents part. I dont think the SBR would be that far off anyway. really, I can't see link being better than kirby, pika, ic's or anyone like that really.
I would have to say Link being so low has to be because of how small the competitive Link community is, regardless how good those handfuls are.
There are those people who use Link every now and again in tourney play(Myself being one.), and those don't really factor into his placing.
Hopefully Legan, Deva, Izaw, etc. make Link a more viable choice in tourney play, he really is a solid character, people are just afraid to play him sometimes because how much advance tech it requires to perfect his meta.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
The Link and Ganondorf mains will want to hold that spot as badly as we want Falcon to take it. But anything above bottom is better than it is now.

Face124

Smash Ace
The Link and Ganondorf mains will want to hold that spot as badly as we want Falcon to take it. But anything above bottom is better than it is now.
I think all the Link mains are planning on moving up...

And @ Milk, I have no counter argument, you win xD. But I doubt link is ever going to be as high as Izaw said. maybe middle tier.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I think all the Link mains are planning on moving up...

And @ Milk, I have no counter argument, you win xD. But I doubt link is ever going to be as high as Izaw said. maybe middle tier.
Yep, I try. :)
Maybe around Ike's current spot could work.
Maybe a bit higher.
He'll make a jump for sure.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Mid Tier sounds pretty reasonable, I'd say. Also, W.E.M.P. is in my crew, and he plays my competitive falcon daily, he probably has a good idea of what a falcon is capable of. It seems like all the best link players say falcon should be higher- i think its because it takes a low tier to empathize with another low tier. A link can respect the kind of work required to take Captain Falcon to the top (or at least mid).

Also i wouldn't invest too much in the "low tier, so you suck" mind game. How long can that really last? You would probably have more people underestimate your falcon by disagreeing with his new placement on the tier list (of which will most likely be widely discredited and abhorred) than you would normally, expecting your opponent to predetermine that you are using him as a result of flagrant disregard of common sense, or because you are simply uninformed.

Middle tier is a great goal for all of us! But remember that there is a mental barrier that needs to be broken. Everyone is used to Falcon being bottom, it will be hard for the hateful community to accept any changes in that.

Face124

Smash Ace
Middle tier is a great goal for all of us! But remember that there is a mental barrier that needs to be broken. Everyone is used to Falcon being bottom, it will be hard for the hateful community to accept any changes in that.
I've never thought of it like that. I always thought the SBR, provided with the right proof would be good at accepting change.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
I believe that Capt Falcon can be mid tier at tops, But never beyond that.. Link however got a much higher chance of rising, Because HE is really good, Only bad thing about him really is his recovery, but he got enough projectiles to keep them away from the ledge so..

Anywho, The next tier list will probably be alot different..

....Capt falcon for prez

Zeallyx

I still think mid tier is too high for falcon
maybe top of bottom
falcon has so many hard matchups and so little priority, he just can't get out of bottom tier imo.
he can still be the best of the bottom tier chars though:)

__V

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Link
Sheik
Captain Falcon

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
*cough*fixed*cough*

Zeallyx

*cough*fixed*cough*
if you're not kidding you're wrong
lucas under falcon is never gonna happen

pk fire destroys all falcon's approaches
and lucas' Fsmash is too fast for falcon etc.

and ness under falcon is unlikely too

falcon above mario is also not gonna happen
(fireballs stop falcon kick, mario's up b>falcon's moves etc.)

smasher?o.0

Smash Journeyman

agreed
lucas and ness are not only better
but sexier

__V

Smash Journeyman

I'm sorry, but you obviously do not understand what a tier list is. Ness/Lucas/Mario are low tier not because of their matchups, but because they rarely appear in tourneys. Their matchups with CF have absolutely no relation to their placement on the list.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon isn't as bad as people say he is, I just can't think of anyone worse. -_-;

Jigglypuff?

Zeallyx

I'm sorry, but you obviously do not understand what a tier list is. Ness/Lucas/Mario are low tier not because of their matchups, but because they rarely appear in tourneys. Their matchups with CF have absolutely no relation to their placement on the list.
I understand
but captain falcon isn't repped much either
so, ness/lucas>falcon does matter

BEES

Smash Lord
I do think Captain Falcon has some advantageous and even matchups. Many would disagree with me though. Some day he will move up but right now it's popular to hate on the cap'm.

Top Bottom