• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling it quits. (serious thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is no joke. I'm putting this game behind me......for now. I have too much stuff to deal with And life/school comes first before games. I will not enter anymore tournaments or waste money to travel to them. The only tournament I might go to is Critical hit 4. That's a big maybe cause that is gonna be really expensive.

And I don't have money like that and need my money for more important things. Once I get a job and settle in, then I'll return to this. Also I think way too much when it comes to this game. When in battles, when I am not fighting. I worry way too much about failing when I know I can kick some ***. But I'm like this with everything I do. Drawing, handball, etc. And I think it is turning me into some ego maniac. Idk what it is but it is not good.

Only reason I play is cause of Peach. If she was not in this game, I would not be playing it. I came in to prove something with Peach and so far I have been doing well in the EC, Not just N.Y So I am doing my best to give Peach a good name in the EC. But other things come first.

All this may take awhile before I get into high gear with Peach again. But for now, I am throwing in the towel. I'll still be around lurking in here but not so much. But won't give much advice cause I don't play.

But I like to thank all the Peach players here for the support they have given me since I first touched Peach in brawl and gave my inputs on her. Some of you said I even helped you become better Peach players by playing me. And I'm glad to hear that. But you got other Beast Peach players like Edresse, Mikey and the kids. But all the support and such has been great till this point and I thank you guys. every offline tournament I have been too I was nervous. But I manage to pull through and place high every time with a big amount of people. And taking out good/tuff players.

So Yea thats about it. Nothing more to say

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
This is no joke. I'm putting this game behind me......for now. I have too much stuff to deal with And life/school comes first before games. I will not enter anymore tournaments or waste money to travel to them. The only tournament I might go to is Critical hit 4. That's a big maybe cause that is gonna be really expensive.

And I don't have money like that and need my money for more important things. Once I get a job and settle in, then I'll return to this. Also I think way too much when it comes to this game. When in battles, when I am not fighting. I worry way too much about failing when I know I can kick some ***. But I'm like this with everything I do. Drawing, handball, etc. And I think it is turning me into some ego maniac. Idk what it is but it is not good.

Only reason I play is cause of Peach. If she was not in this game, I would not be playing it. I came in to prove something with Peach and so far I have been doing well in the EC, Not just N.Y So I am doing my best to give Peach a good name in the EC. But other things come first.

All this may take awhile before I get into high gear with Peach again. But for now, I am throwing in the towel. I'll still be around lurking in here but not so much. But won't give much advice cause I don't play.

But I like to thank all the Peach players here for the support they have given me since I first touched Peach in brawl and gave my inputs on her. Some of you said I even helped you become better Peach players by playing me. And I'm glad to hear that. But you got other Beast Peach players like Edresse, Mikey and the kids. But all the support and such has been great till this point and I thank you guys. every offline tournament I have been too I was nervous. But I manage to pull through and place high every time with a big amount of people. And taking out good/tuff players.

So Yea thats about it. Nothing more to say
Are you sure about that? I mean, isn't there ANYONE else that you play Brawl for?:dizzy:

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Go for it, if the real world calls, the real world calls. This game is for virtual fun, and it really won't bring you anything except for a thriling minute or two. It doesn't bring in food, money, a house, or education XD. Well good luck with life! I still have a few more years of youth left.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
lol i know rignht, goodbye dark... Thanks for helping me when I firststarted out with Peach... I appreciate it.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm still wary of any serious threads in this place... (the grammar looks a bit too clean. :p)

But if this is true, this just means you're not going to be entering any tournaments right?
Posting around here doesn't cost anything.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
If thats what will make u happy dark i accept your choices. i hope someday u will come back again... but to be honest, im horrible at giving advice, making guides ect. idk if i could handle all this pressure. *needs pep talk...*

i guess ur not coming to the next mm then...

but as a last note thank you so much for everything. if i never talked to u to play those many months ago idk if i would be up on the list of best peaches.

goodbye my friend

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm still wary of any serious threads in this place... (the grammar looks a bit too clean. :p)

But if this is true, this just means you're not going to be entering any tournaments right?
Posting around here doesn't cost anything.
Oh yeah your still going to be around here right? haha, as a coach?
I Don't know. I'll be busy and might not have time for this. But as I said, with me not playing anymore. So what I say won't mean much anymore, even in debates.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Your right there are more important things in life than this game. Do what you gotta do. It wouldn't kill you to take some down time off of this game. Hell It might even do you some good. You'll be able to relax, clear your mind, let your hands breath. When you come back you might back you end up being a better smasher for getting some Rest off of this game.

I really do hope you come back though. Out of all the Peaches here I'd say your the most dedicated. You've shown me a lot, and also shown people why Peach shouldn't be underestimated.

Well see you bud. Hope to play you again soon.

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
Wtf.

I just completely and utterly failed in a tournament. And I was thinking all this time, "I'll play the Peach guys tomorrow, some Wi-Fi matches or something."

And I come back and I find this out.

*sigh*

When life calls nothing should get on the way, Brawl is just a game, so come back when you want to play, we'll be waiting.

Thanks for everything too. ^^

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Wow. Was it really needed to make a topic about this? You could've just said to a few people "cya, be back later".

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Wtf.

I just completely and utterly failed in a tournament I even felt humiliated. And I was thinking all this time, "I'll play the Peach guys tomorrow, some Wi-Fi matches or something."

And I come back and I find this out.

*sigh*

When life calls nothing should get on the way, Brawl is just a game, so come back when you want to play, we'll be waiting.

Thanks for everything too. ^^
If you feel such, send me a PM so we can trade Brawl codes.

Anywho, Drk.Pch, I understand what you're saying. Take time for you, calm yourself a little from all that has been going on, and come back whenever you're sure you're ready. Hopefully your mind will clear a bit from taking a step back from all this. Until then, I wish you the best in all you do, and keep in touch if you need someone to talk to about anything.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Life comes before brawl, I know how you feel. But I'm sure you'll be around man, sometimes you have free weekend here or there and go to tournaments. Youll be back!

Villi

Smash Lord
Do what you gotta do, man. This is a hobby that takes up time and effort, for sure. Good luck in life and your new commitments.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* Good luck on your RL conquests Dark.Pch, everything has to end eventually right?

I don't post here often but I lurk all the time. I myself am thinking of withdrawing from Brawl for awhile. . .my reasons different than the OPs.

In Melee I had to work hard to earn vital techniques of advanced play. In Brawl, however, I can pick up sickeningly effective techniques in an extremely short time period. Without the need of amazing techskill this game is just plain boring (improvisation factor is challenging, but that alone isn't enough for me). The game's horrible physics and its basic fighting elements detract from the game's competitive value.

If you've ever played any other decent fighter out there (Ex: GGX2:AC, MvC2, SFIII:3S, DoA4, SC) you'll know that they have way more to offer in terms of competitive gameplay than Brawl does as it is now, which is why I'm going to take a break until Brawl's competitive scene is cleaned up.

Brawl's not delivering like the old smash games did, thats pretty much it. Good luck on your Brawling, I hope that you can find more enjoyment in it than I currently am.

TL;DR: Rant about nothing, this player is also taking a break from competitive Brawl.

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
anybody CAN make a thread for wutever they want, people r obviously interested since there r 3 pages and people saying encouraging words bout quits im only 14 so ill still be playing not pro....nah, but if real lifes calling then......go for it? damit i cant make a good speach worth **** dont listen to this post

y'd u post it? cause i want!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
@Peachkid

Talim ftw!!! Been using her since SC2. In SC1, I used Kilik and kept using him as a back up since Talim is... bad xD

@Niko_K

Oh, and I didn't quit Brawl, I'm just going to play way more SC4.

Lagless online battles??? Too good!!!

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
@Peachkid

Talim ftw!!! Been using her since SC2. In SC1, I used Kilik and kept using him as a back up since Talim is... bad xD

@Niko_K

Oh, and I didn't quit Brawl, I'm just going to play way more SC4.

Lagless online battles??? Too good!!!
i use raphael and amy, VAMPIRES FTW XD! i used to use ivy in sc2 and alittle in 3 but she feels so different. and raphael feels alot better this time! and talim? man going for the embarrassment factor when u beat ppl?
XD

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Don't you love how talim has gotten worse and worse after each version of the game comes out?
Lol, have you noticed how Voldo and Ivy seem to look more and more like prostitutes.

Voldo and Ivy's combos ****!

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
well we have stayed on topic havent we? lol jp I liked ivy in sc2 in sc3 i liked the hoop chick tira or something like that. havent played sc4 yet i just dont like other fightersas much as brawl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom