• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
So its silly to help out the team?
Uh, no, lets go back to your post.

Good, the guy deserves the hitmarkers. Maybe that'll teach him to actually try and help out the team rather than going for incredibly stupid ways to kill enemies that work 1 percent of the time. The dude who got the no-scope would be helping out more if he actually tried to snipe.

>Good, the guy deserves the hitmarkers

There isn't a god of karma in CoD. He doesn't deserve anything. He has the same chances of hitting a no-scope across the map every time he attempts one. He is trying to get clips for youtube because youtube money.
I also question the rationality that you can dictate what someone should get out of a game even though you only know of one single thing that he did.

>Maybe that'll teach him to actually try and help out the team
You act like this is what he constantly does, when you have no idea. If there are players who no-scope across the map constantly, then yes, they are hurting your team. It just blows my mind that any of you think that 90% of the things you do to win at CoD take little any skill at all. I really don't think most players give a **** about winning because having an amazing W/L isn't some life changing feat. Maybe they're trying to do cool things like trying to no-scope across the map.

>rather than going for incredibly stupid ways to kill enemies that work 1 percent of the time.
Incredibly stupid? Who are you to dictate what is stupid in this game? Once again, it is not at all your place to just stomp your feet around with your call of duty tryhard pants and say that everything but using the best guns in the game (assault rifles) is stupid.
It isn't ridiculously hard to understand that some players actually like to do unlikely things because of the great feeling of landing a shot. Nobody puts a stamp on it and says it takes any skill, either. It is undeniably thrilling when something like that occurs in a game that has been grinded out for 6 years and has been the same every time.

>The dude who got the no-scope would be helping out more if he actually tried to snipe.
You act as if him taking a shot out of the blue makes any difference. Quick, you just spawned on jungle. You no-scope at the beginning at a well known spawn snipe area. You now have one less bullet. You took one second of time to try to do something impressive and in no way were you a detriment to your team.
If you actually kept shooting and you wasted all of your bullets trying to land the shot, then obviously you're not helping the team. This has no reflection on almost any snipers who use smashboards or most players who snipe in general. These are trickshotters, and I think trickshotting is for the most part dumb. It is like bowling by bouncing the ball on the lane or doing 12 spins before each shot during ping pong.
Now, one more thing, according to you, sniping is overpowered, so wouldn't it be beneficial to your team if EVERYONE sniped and was good at it?
Nope.
Because sniping against competent players will cause your K/D to go down. End of story.

oh and by the way
SNIPING 100% TAKES MUCH MORE SKILL THAN EVERY OTHER KIND OF GUN-ON-GUN ENGAGEMENT IN CALL OF DUTY.
SOME PLAYERS LIKE TO CHALLENGE THEMSELVES BY USING THE MOST UNDERPOWERED GUN TYPE IN THE GAME. DEAL WITH IT.
Why not just stick to one argument so that I don't keep forgetting that the argument against sniping is a big bunch of jumbled, elitest views on the stupidest game on the face of this planet.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Uh, no, lets go back to your post.

>Good, the guy deserves the hitmarkers

There isn't a god of karma in CoD. He doesn't deserve anything. He has the same chances of hitting a no-scope across the map every time he attempts one. He is trying to get clips for youtube because youtube money.
I also question the rationality that you can dictate what someone should get out of a game even though you only know of one single thing that he did.

>Maybe that'll teach him to actually try and help out the team
You act like this is what he constantly does, when you have no idea. If there are players who no-scope across the map constantly, then yes, they are hurting your team. It just blows my mind that any of you think that 90% of the things you do to win at CoD take little any skill at all. I really don't think most players give a **** about winning because having an amazing W/L isn't some life changing feat. Maybe they're trying to do cool things like trying to no-scope across the map.

>rather than going for incredibly stupid ways to kill enemies that work 1 percent of the time.
Incredibly stupid? Who are you to dictate what is stupid in this game? Once again, it is not at all your place to just stomp your feet around with your call of duty tryhard pants and say that everything but using the best guns in the game (assault rifles) is stupid.
It isn't ridiculously hard to understand that some players actually like to do unlikely things because of the great feeling of landing a shot. Nobody puts a stamp on it and says it takes any skill, either. It is undeniably thrilling when something like that occurs in a game that has been grinded out for 6 years and has been the same every time.

>The dude who got the no-scope would be helping out more if he actually tried to snipe.
You act as if him taking a shot out of the blue makes any difference. Quick, you just spawned on jungle. You no-scope at the beginning at a well known spawn snipe area. You now have one less bullet. You took one second of time to try to do something impressive and in no way were you a detriment to your team.
If you actually kept shooting and you wasted all of your bullets trying to land the shot, then obviously you're not helping the team. This has no reflection on almost any snipers who use smashboards or most players who snipe in general. These are trickshotters, and I think trickshotting is for the most part dumb. It is like bowling by bouncing the ball on the lane or doing 12 spins before each shot during ping pong.
Now, one more thing, according to you, sniping is overpowered, so wouldn't it be beneficial to your team if EVERYONE sniped and was good at it?
Nope.
Because sniping against competent players will cause your K/D to go down. End of story.

oh and by the way
SNIPING 100% TAKES MUCH MORE SKILL THAN EVERY OTHER KIND OF GUN-ON-GUN ENGAGEMENT IN CALL OF DUTY.
SOME PLAYERS LIKE TO CHALLENGE THEMSELVES BY USING THE MOST UNDERPOWERED GUN TYPE IN THE GAME. DEAL WITH IT.
Why not just stick to one argument so that I don't keep forgetting that the argument against sniping is a big bunch of jumbled, elitest views on the stupidest game on the face of this planet.

trolling you never gets old, oh and umadbro?

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Some of you do take this game a little too seriously. I prefer to just chill when I play. I don't really mind losing most of the time but when I'm playing with you all I usually end up trying harder and getting more frustrated as a result. Like banjo youre beast but I thought it was crazy you were getting mad in a game you got a moab in.

:phone:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You're not trolling at all. You were serious and you can't just claim trolling when you know you're wrong.
Oh, and also, trolling is a 2 point infraction. Might want to take that into consideration before you admit to doing it 0.0

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
You're not trolling at all. You were serious and you can't just claim trolling when you know you're wrong.
Oh, and also, trolling is a 2 point infraction. Might want to take that into consideration before you admit to doing it 0.0
Ah, abusing mod powers, I see?

Edit: In all honestly I don't really care anymore, I've had my fun so I'll drop it.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I am not abusing mod powers at all. I have no jurisdiction in the lighthouse nor can I or would I infract you.

You haven't had any fun, you were just wrong.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Sniping is OP. This kid derpscoped me across the map FROM FINAL STAND.

He didn't deserve that **** at all. The kids who snipe in this game are so ****ing dumb.

Can't beat the guy who no scope headshotted me in final stand accidentally. He REALLY deserved that one.

That aside, good games guys. I've come to realize once again that although the game sure isn't perfect, it's really the people that play it that **** it up for me. People play like such ***** it's unbelievable. Why pay $60 to sit in a corner? #randomplaybook

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
That aside, good games guys. I've come to realize once again that although the game sure isn't perfect, it's really the people that play it that **** it up for me. People play like such ***** it's unbelievable. Why pay $60 to sit in a corner? #randomplaybook
OH LAWD. I know right. If it weren't for players who just wait in rooms for hours, I would play every CoD game much more.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Why do I even bother coming back here?

Seriously. There are times where I think, "Hey! I kinda wanna play with the guys!"

But it's nothing but this stupid bickering.

I don't even care who's right or wrong anymore.
I'm just sick of seeing it every damn time I come in here.

I'm pretty much ready to just un-sub.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
successfultrollissuccessfull.jpg

I like how the first game on Dome we had after prestiging, I went like, 60-9 with the L86.

LMGs have earned my infinite love and respect. Lawnmowers. <3

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Some of you do take this game a little too seriously. I prefer to just chill when I play. I don't really mind losing most of the time but when I'm playing with you all I usually end up trying harder and getting more frustrated as a result. Like banjo youre beast but I thought it was crazy you were getting mad in a game you got a moab in.

I have to take it seriously to get what I want out of it. I didn't take MW2 seriously enough and had to settle for garbage stats because of it.

You should always demand more of yourself. Never settle for anything less than the best.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I can play MW2 nonchalantly because it's extremely dynamic in terms of play variety, and I've grown accustom to it. I find it really easy to play, and everyone's moving, practically. I actually enjoy playing MW2, all the time.:applejack:

In MW3, there is just so much I dislike about its community, rather than the game. I guess I've just yet to adapt to it.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I can play right now if anyone's on.:applejack:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
That moment when a guy's camping the tubes in Hardhat with a Type.

And then 4 randoms run into the tube multiple times for the final kill cam.

Used Recon Drones for the first time to day. I like it.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
You all got moab'ed? Damn

I'll be on tonight to finish getting damage on my spas. I have no idea what to make of it honestly, sometimes the gun would feel so good and actually work, but the rest of the time was horrible.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Good games Bob, Stefan, Delta, Mitch, Nate, Alex, and Fang. We ran into Darrel (Odin's boss) randomly in one game. It was pretty funny.

Sorry about tonight, Saudi. One of these days...

Got my USAS to level 30 tonight. Got an USAS MOAB tonight.

Had a few rough patches, but tonight was a fun night overall. <3

I reallyyyyyy hate playing this game..but then I come here and feel tempted to get on x_x.

Also "Tipsr" Brian=The best
I might do it again next week. Imagine hearing me talk instead of type. Lmao.

Top Bottom