• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

Anyone here play GB?
We've talked about making one, but nobody's really expressed a lot of interest in it. I thought it'd be cool, but considering the dumb rules and standards, I wouldn't really want to.

Fletch

Smash Master
I dont use mods.

EDIT: what would be a good secondary if im using the FAL?
I don't normally condone shotgun use, but the SPAS would be a great secondary to use, but I usually go for akimbo G18s. Anything that is good at close range should work well.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Akimbo Slice

Akimbo UMP's @ Extended Mags
Akimbo G18's at Extended Mags/Silencer

Bling
Stopping Power
Steady Aim.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
GAME DAY GAME DAY!

I haven't played in like 3 or 4 days because my stupid sister locked the xbox in her room and stayed with her boyfriend the past few days.

I think I might turn off predator and put on care package.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't find your typical Predator -> Harrier -> CG fun so I use UAV -> Counter UAV -> Attack Helicopter.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
One Man Army is far from a bad idea. IMO, the two biggest mistakes that IW made in MW2 were:

1) Commando.
2) Not making Grenade Launchers take up Perk 1, like they used to.

I often use a UMP with DC Pro with the Attack Helicopter->Pave Low->Chopper Gunner setup. The UMP doesn't need a Perk 2, so I might as well make my killstreaks and equipment stronger.

DC Pro Attack Helicopter basically kills as easily as a regular Pave Low.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
One Man Army is far from a bad idea. IMO, the two biggest mistakes that IW made in MW2 were:

1) Commando.
3) Removing dedicated servers
4) Not having a beta
5) Putting in death streaks
6) Making shotguns "secondaries"
7) Akimbo
8) Thermal
9) HBS
10) Hit detection
11) Spawn system
12) Party system

Etc.
Fixed for you.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
imo, they should give Akimbo only to handguns. In real life the recoil from holding a Model 1887s in one hand would probably rip your hand off, if not break your wrist in twelve places.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
imo, they should give Akimbo only to handguns. In real life the recoil from holding a Model 1887s in one hand would probably rip your hand off, if not break your wrist in twelve places.
Akimbo Barrett :D or Akimbo RPGs, like Goldeneye lol

oh and Treyarch should really add the 'Barebones' playlist like Blame Truth said, no killsteaks, deathstreaks, perks, maybe no attachments

Bozo

Smash Cadet
i agree with you on the akimbo idea only for handguns. and rangers they deserve to be akimbo but model 1887's .......

S

smash brawl player 99021

1) Commando.

I often use a UMP with DC Pro with the Attack Helicopter->Pave Low->Chopper Gunner setup. The UMP doesn't need a Perk 2, so I might as well make my killstreaks and equipment stronger.

DC Pro Attack Helicopter basically kills as easily as a regular Pave Low.
Sure it's easy to point out the flaws, but we never point out the good stuff. Like:

Riot shield-Danger Close classes

Pretty cool campaign

Interventions on Rust

Good graphics

Etc.

Not to mention all the fun our group has together <3

Cyan_

Smash Lord
^ Indeed.

But graphics aren't all that great, are they? IMO they're average for a PS3/360 game

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The reason I don't mention them is because it goes without saying. The game engine for Modern Warfare 2 is spectacular. The graphics are great, the smoothness and fluidity of the controls are great. I'm just pointing out what stops this game from being amazing, and the things that infuriate us.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sure it's easy to point out the flaws, but we never point out the good stuff. Like:

Riot shield-Danger Close classes (...)

Pretty cool campaign (except that it was confusing, had plot holes and a cliff hanger ending)

Interventions on Rust (The only redeeming thing about Rust is that it's good for 1v1's I suppose)

Good graphics (Tbh, not a major improvement over CoD4. )

Etc.

Not to mention all the fun our group has together <3
Edited my opinions in.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Riot Shield classes are the ****. One of my favorite things to do is stand in front of Sentry Guns or point my shield at Harriers and absorb their bullets.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Got a 4-Man Sticky on Wasteland. Stuck one over the hedge, got 3 others. 33-2 on Bailout as well. Attack Helicopters are the ****.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I'm beginning to like the FAL less and less the more I use it.

I was using this class:

FAL/ hbs and holo
Spas 12/ FMJ and grip
-Bling Pro
-Stopping Power Pro
-Ninja Pro
with frag and stuns

I was playing on Bailout when I noticed on my minimap that a guy didn't have a green triangle where he was, so I started shooting at him, thinking it wasn't my teammate. I unloaded a whole FAL clip into him, not even getting 1 hitmarker, so wtf happened? Shouldn't a green triangle appear where he was on the map? And if he wasn't apart of my team, was he modding or something? I was accurate and I didn't get one hitmarker...

S

smash brawl player 99021

First off, why are you using a HBS? I mean, it is one of the better attachments for it (considering you can partially see it while ADS), but I never saw a need for one. Secondly, I wouldn't use SP. There's no major benefit from it. Frags suck as well.

Top Bottom