• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

Never again. Infinity Ward is basically a hollow shell at the moment. You can forget about a game as epic and great as CoD4 to be duplicated again. Look at MW2, they weren't even close to the levels of greatness as it's predecessor.

@ Icy: Yeah, we'll see.
That's because they added mindless killstreaks. That produced more camping, and more noob-ish tactics. COD4 was so good because the highest killstreak was 7 Kills. There was no dumb endgame bull****.

I agree with Fletch too, I stopped reasing Bozo's posts after the first sentance.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I believe that it was a fine sequel to CoD4, but they tried going all out and allowed for some crucial game mechanics to be abused. It was a lot to live up to and they did the best with what they had.

Fletch

Smash Master
I believe that it was a fine sequel to CoD4, but they tried going all out and allowed for some crucial game mechanics to be abused. It was a lot to live up to and they did the best with what they had.
I feel more or less the same. They had a LOT to live up to after CoD4, and even if they did produce a better game, I still think people wouldn't have liked it as much as the original.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
That's because they added mindless killstreaks. That produced more camping, and more noob-ish tactics. COD4 was so good because the highest killstreak was 9 Kills. There was no dumb endgame bull****.

I agree with Fletch too, I stopped reasing Bozo's posts after the first sentance.
But what about...

I'm sorry too... Maybe I'll learn not to be stupid every time a post.
:embarrass

S

smash brawl player 99021

That's because they added mindless killstreaks. That produced more camping, and more noob-ish tactics. COD4 was so good because the highest killstreak was 7 Kills. There was no dumb endgame bull****.

But what about...

:embarrass
I apologize for my epic fail here. I meant 7 Kills. I don't know WHY I said 9. I'm having a bad day here

>_>
<_<

S

smash brawl player 99021

Well, good news. I avenged myself on Invasion today. Got a Nuke. Wanna know my last kill to get it? Knifed. *Roll Credits*

Fletch

Smash Master
Did you try our OMA/DC/Noob tube suggestion yet? You should be able to get one relatively easily. On that note, with this setup today I got a 24 KS and disconnected on one of the new maps (the snowy one, forgot the name). RAGE

Did manage to get an opening round noob tube kill on Afghan, 5 person multi-kill by hitting their spawn.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You're only a 'noob' if you don't use your resources.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I agree with :mad: and Pika here, I got my Nuke yesterday by 'tubing.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
It's just... i dont want to get a nuke the 'easy' way. I mean r u talking running around and noobtubing, or r u talking about what i think u r talking about? (standing 1 spot and either spawn killing them or in domination where u can stand way back in ur spawn and kill them by getting noob tubes on their flag?)

EDIT: for :mad:, am I a noob then becuz i dont camp? hmm there seems to be a convenient wall here. I must use my resources... *camps*

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I don't use OMA because of infinite tubing.In fact I only ever tube at the very start of a match to get a super gay spawn kill or 2.Then switch to my main FAMAS or M16A4 class.I hate the noob tube with so much passion I never use it after the start of a match.

I use OMA because I usually don't die before I run out of ammo.

Plus It's good to switch to a cold blooded class when there are streaks in the air,or a hardline class if you want to turn your predator into a harrier with 100% certainty.
It's the most tactical/advantageous perk in the game when used right.

Mad I love the Diglerita...or Chicolett whatever it is.

S

smash brawl player 99021

It's just... i dont want to get a nuke the 'easy' way. I mean r u talking running around and noobtubing, or r u talking about what i think u r talking about? (standing 1 spot and either spawn killing them or in domination where u can stand way back in ur spawn and kill them by getting noob tubes on their flag?)

EDIT: for :mad:, am I a noob then becuz i dont camp? hmm there seems to be a convenient wall here. I must use my resources... *camps*
It's not really an easy way. It's just a different way. I honestly think OMA Tubing is better than camping in one spot with Claymores everywhere, never moving the whole game. And camping is just an effective strategy. There's some people that can do well not camping, but if you're going for a relatively easy nuke, you'll need to play a little defensively.

tl;dr, Camp for Nukes if you want an easier time.

Fletch

Smash Master
Plus It's good to switch to a cold blooded class when there are streaks in the air,or a hardline class if you want to turn your predator into a harrier with 100% certainty.
It's the most tactical/advantageous perk in the game when used right.
This.

I only have one OMA class (noob tube one), but I start with it every single game then switch to whatever other class I have that suits the map best. You should have AT LEAST one class with OMA on it, **** the haters, OMA is too pro.

Bozo

Smash Cadet
Oma

OMA is definilety is good perk since you can make for every situation a counter and also i remember this perk being heavily Underestimated by players in the beginning of COD mw2

S

smash brawl player 99021

OMA is definilety is good perk since you can make for every situation a counter and also i remember this perk being heavily Underestimated by players in the beginning of COD mw2
You really don't need to say COD MW2. This thread is obviously about it. Just put MW2 for short. And what system do you have this on?

On another note, if you could take one weapon from this and make it exactly how you'd like it, what would it be? I'd like a SCAR with Burst Fire (Like in L4D2), or the MP5 from COD4 :[

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Riot shield that can't be knifed through, has a detection box that doesn't get me killed despite EXACTLY facing the guy, and an attachment that allows me to have the bullet marks cleaned off.

Fletch

Smash Master
Riot shield that can't be knifed through, has a detection box that doesn't get me killed despite EXACTLY facing the guy, and an attachment that allows me to have the bullet marks cleaned off.
I would consider using the Riot Shield normally if this happened.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I think me and Delta mentioned this, but it'd be cool to have a Big Ol' knife sticking out of the front of a Shield. That way, when you bash, you'd get their head wedged on there.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You really don't need to say COD MW2. This thread is obviously about it. Just put MW2 for short. And what system do you have this on?

On another note, if you could take one weapon from this and make it exactly how you'd like it, what would it be? I'd like a SCAR with Burst Fire (Like in L4D2), or the MP5 from COD4 :[
Increase the SCAR-H's clip size to 30 and a faster reload.
Make the M16 have no recoil like it did in CoD4.
Make the MP5 good like it was in CoD4.
Make the deagle good.
Make it that if you use commando, your 360, PS3 or PC blows up when you knife someone.

kr3wman

Smash Master
if you have commando pro and you fall off an height that would have killed you without it, you die anyway just for using it.

Intervention with the firing rate of a Magnum

Fletch

Smash Master
The MP5k is good guys, just not lolbroken like it was before.

EDIT: The Barrett fires almost as fast as the magnum, 600 RPM vs. 700 RPM, compared to the WTFHORRIBLE 65 RPM of the Intervention.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Isn't that a Barrett?
Barrett doesn't have low recoil.

F2000 with higher damage (it's ridiculous as it is that they give it the highest amount of recoil for any AR despite what it says on the stat screen :mad:).

I still use the F2K like mad when I unlock it though.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The MP5k is good guys, just not lolbroken like it was before.

EDIT: The Barrett fires almost as fast as the magnum, 600 RPM vs. 700 RPM, compared to the WTFHORRIBLE 65 RPM of the Intervention.
No, it's crap. And it wasn't broken.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
@ Leafy: He already failed when he posted that. "every time a post."

Considering the 'a' key is pretty far from the 'i' key.

Top Bottom