• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I don't know man.

I used the intervention w/ ACOG for about 15 games today in death match/domination.

Went 23-2 with it on quarry and went 18-1 on highrise in death match.Then went 33-7 on Bailout and 42-8 on wasteland domination with it!(I got 2 AC-130'S on wasteland and almost had 2 on Bailout) :laugh:

Maybe I'm just super beast with the ACOG.

I only went minus in 2 games I played today using it.

Fletch

Smash Master
I don't like it because it's really tough to hardscope anything with it due to the sway. It's fine if you want to run around and quickscope everyone, but that's not how I usually use snipers.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
is there any way to turn of auto aim/assist on PS3? That **** costs me more deaths and kills than any other.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
is there any way to turn of auto aim/assist on PS3? That **** costs me more deaths and kills than any other.
Yeah, play MW2 on the PC. There's no aim assist there. It's on consoles because joysticks are less accurate than mice.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Trust me, it has given you more kills than deaths.

Don't believe me? Go to Spec Ops with a buddy and try to kill him in a fire fight.
i believe you, but that **** pisses me off soo much. Like no other.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
One of my friends just went through the challenges with it.(Unlocking all the attachments)

He said it was one of the nicest guns to use so far.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Maybe silenced at Mid-Close range. That's the only time I've liked it. Gets a lot of acci-headshots.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I just went 11-0 in Team Tactical Search on Salvage using the Riot Shield class. Three bomb plants, and I had every final kill, including winning a 2v1 after I planted the bomb as they both rushed me. I called in my Attack Helicopter round 4 on defense, and met a guy on my way to the log cabin. I pegged him with a stun and he died. My Chopper got me another kill, so I called in my Pavelow. The final two guys were hiding in the top floor of the cabin. Double AT-4 kill for final killcam.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuublaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

So godlike.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I just went 11-0 in Team Tactical Search on Salvage using the Riot Shield class. Three bomb plants, and I had every final kill, including winning a 2v1 after I planted the bomb as they both rushed me. I called in my Attack Helicopter round 4 on defense, and met a guy on my way to the log cabin. I pegged him with a stun and he died. My Chopper got me another kill, so I called in my Pavelow. The final two guys were hiding in the top floor of the cabin. Double AT-4 kill for final killcam.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuublaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

So godlike.
Stepping it up. Sorry I had to leave :l
My best Search record was 16-1 I think.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yes i have. I had an emergency care package and threw it at their spawn at i believe it was karachi =)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Really? F8AL said the next one was at the end of this year.

Darkslash

Smash Master
kotaku said:
During a company financial earnings call last week, Activision's Thomas Tippl seemed to indicate that the next map pack release for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 would drop in the latter half of the calendar year. Apparently Thomas Tippl cannot read a calendar, because June 3, the day the Resurgence Pack is scheduled to hit Xbox Live, is definitely on this side of the year. Perhaps he was talking about the PlayStation 3 and PC versions?
I assume it was a "mistake" on Activisions part.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I did say that but I guess the guy in the article (COO Thomas Tippl) was wrong. *shrugs shoulders*

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1088222p1.html

Says the back end of 2010, weird. Now someone give me the current new map pack.
Please stop asking for the map pack.

I assume it was a "mistake" on Activisions part.
Sure was. Will edit the thread title and add the links. Thanks.

EDIT: The reason why they're in such a hurry to release this map pack is because the lawsuit between Activison and Jason West and Vince Zampella is scheduled for June 21st. If Jason and Vince win, West and Zampella could retain the power to halt the development and release of any future games and downloadable content in the Modern Warfare setting.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Any word or "leaks" (even fake ones) about the new maps? You think we'll see some MW1 maps with a couple new ones like this map pack?
I'm expecting it to be the same as the Stimulus Package DLC. It'll prolly include 2 CoD4 maps and be $15... :urg:

Fletch

Smash Master
I'm expecting it to be the same as the Stimulus Package DLC. It'll prolly include 2 CoD4 maps and be $15... :urg:
Given the sales of the last map pack, I think it's safe to say that it will be $15 or maybe even more. I just hope they give us at least 5 NEW maps this time or I won't be paying for it. Please post info if anyone finds anything... I can't seem to find any good articles online that list anything besides the release date.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
They gave us 5 new maps already.

Say Crash and Overgrown and that's where it gets tricky because those maps are new to MW2 and because of the new game mechanics, they play differently.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You just gotta keep playing. You will get better eventually, but whenever I have a consistent stream of bad games, I stop playing and play another game.

Fletch

Smash Master
I'm thinking of giving this game up.

I suck at it, and it's turning me into a fatalist.
Keep playing, you'll get it. I started off with a .3 KDR (OMG N00B), and wanted to stop for a while. Things click very soon though and you'll get much better very fast. The game isn't very difficult to be honest, just find a setup you're comfortable with, stick with it, and you'll be beast in no time.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Yeah, not gonna lie, when I started playing, I started off with WAW, and I was so atrocious to the point where it was down right embarrassing to watch me play. Couldn't aim, didn't know anything about guns or attachments, didn't know maps, etc. Over time though you get a better understanding of the game and the dominant guns and such. I think the one thing that will help a mediocre player get better though is learning the maps, because if you have map control and know where people like to go, it makes it a snap to find people. A lot of people that just start playing or aren't very good just need some simple tips like staying on the outside of the map, using a silenced weapon, always check corners and make sure your back is clear, and so on. It gets better as you go though, trust me.

S

smash brawl player 99021

With the title "Resurgance", I'm gonna think that it's old maps from all the previous games. Just a though though.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just wondering, what is everyone's least favorite map? Mine would have to be Rundown. It's pretty much the only map that I still can't consistently play well on.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I always do well on Rundown. I can camp in good spots on either side :p

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Leafy how many nukes have you gotten so far? Just curious.
I lost count. But I have over 25. Unfortunately, I only have like 3 on my new account. I've gotten bored of getting them. But next prestige, I'm getting my Nuke Emblem again. Double xp messed me up.

Derail, Underpass, Rust, Invasion are collectively my least favorite maps.

Terminal, Skidrow, and Scrapyard are the best, IMO.

Top Bottom