• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Fletch

Smash Master
I should be getting a 360 to play on in June when I move in with my new roommates, and I will definitely be down to play... I just hate those **** 360 controllers.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I should be getting a 360 to play on in June when I move in with my new roommates, and I will definitely be down to play... I just hate those **** 360 controllers.
Really? I think the 360 Controllers are much better.

Fletch

Smash Master
Really? I think the 360 Controllers are much better.
I've been using the Playstation controllers since PS1 and I think I'm really just used to them. I played Nazi Zombies on the 360 this last week on WaW, and I really just don't play well with the 360 controllers for whatever reason.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Icyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I should be on late tonight. I can't be sent to bed either; my mom's away for work until Friday. =D
What a ******. Count me in.
I've been using the Playstation controllers since PS1 and I think I'm really just used to them. I played Nazi Zombies on the 360 this last week on WaW, and I really just don't play well with the 360 controllers for whatever reason.
That's odd, I find the 360 Controller catered toward FPS's more. It just seems like that's what it was made for.

I've started using the FAL too, and I'm really liking it! :)

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I got 6 flawless games today!

17-0 TDM, 27-0 TDM, 25-0 TDM, 22-0 TDM, 30-0 FFA, 30-0 FFA

I finally got a flawless FFA! =)

And yes, I did camp a bit, but for the most part, I just patrolled a certain area.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I got 6 flawless games today!

17-0 TDM, 27-0 TDM, 25-0 TDM, 22-0 TDM, 30-0 FFA, 30-0 FFA

I finally got a flawless FFA! =)

And yes, I did camp a bit, but for the most part, I just patrolled a certain area.
Good job Leafy! I take it that you didn't have the nuke equipped? Is going 30-0 in a FFA game hard?

I believe my new location is the best thing ever.
Marked for spam.

Fletch

Smash Master
Good job Leafy! I take it that you didn't have the nuke equipped? Is going 30-0 in a FFA game hard?
I get plenty of flawless games in team matches, but **** is it hard to do in FFA. This is quite the accomplishment.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Camping = Playing with little outcome on a kill based game.

Playing defensively = Playing well and actually helping your team.

Poor Icy. Haters be hatin' on him.
Who's hating? Must've been F8AL, still. He's on my ignore list once again.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Fixed that for ya
No.

Camping = One building, pointed at the entrance.

Defensively = Patrolling a broad area with relative safety, allowing you to consistently have the advantage in conflict.

Camping: It leads to low kills and low deaths in most cases.

Defensively: It leads to a good amount of kills and relatively low deaths.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Camping and playing defensively are two different playstyles.

Camping = staying prone on top of the sniper hill on Afghan

Defensive playing = defending that whole area (not just the top of the hill) in a game of Domination

EDIT: Ninja'd by Delta. He explained it better anyway...

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'd describe my playstyle as more of a guy that flanks everyone. I hardly every charge in blindly. I try to find alternate routes around people, then hit 'em from behind.

Fletch

Smash Master
I was being sarcastic... any time you play smart or defensively it seems to just be classified as camping. If that's the case, then I'm quite the camper.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Who's hating? Must've been F8AL, still. He's on my ignore list once again.
And I'm supposed to care? You act like you're trying to make me feel bad or something by announcing to everyone that you're putting me on your ignore list, oh well, your loss.

And today is the last day for the double XP for PS3 and PC players.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Haha, Delta I love you. We have some great times.

Anyway, I found a great class for those that enjoy being underdogs.

F2000-Silencer
Desert Eagle

Tactical Insertion
Stuns

Marathon
Stopping Power
Ninja

Where you at?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
The difference between camping and defensive play is pretty clear to me, but if you ever kill someone and you're remotely close to a corner or you know they're coming and making a smart move on them they automatically freak out and say you're camping, it's inevitable as you probably know. Camping is sitting in a corner waiting for someone to walk by, and if you have a UAV or something and you know they're coming and you don't sit there for an extended period of time, it's just the opponents fault for going there, not camping really. Defensive play is something like having a claymore at one area of the map and guarding the other part and just scouting, which is by no means camping. It's how the game is supposed to be played in many game types to be honest. And another point is that if you're playing something like search and you're defending, the point of defending is to defend the bomb, not run into the middle of the map like a chicken with its head cut off. The only reason people do that is so they don't get called a camper, but it's not even camping, it's literally doing what the game says to do to win the game. Questions? :p

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I would consider myself a defensive player,although sometimes if I'm on super beastly form,Ill run around putting fools in their place with arrogant jumping head shots and whatnot.

I love jump shotting people in this game so very much.

Although certain maps I semi-camp the **** out of just because it works for me better than running around.

Like Underpass,Invasion,Bailout and Salvage.I just find myself getting spawn ***** like 3-4 times in a row if I die on those maps so I really try not to.It depends on the game type too.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This game is so rage inducing, I only made it harder for me by going for a nuke. I've been buzzkilled 9 times in the last hour. I've had shots go through people because they were 2-barring. The only positive was getting a no scope headshot for first blood with the FAL. I'm going for the 300 kill challenges with every gun so I can prestige faster, and I'm nearly there. 260/300. Fletch, how hard should I camp with this class?!

EDIT: LOL, "no scope" with a FAL. It was a hipfire.

Fletch

Smash Master
This game is so rage inducing, I only made it harder for me by going for a nuke. I've been buzzkilled 9 times in the last hour. I've had shots go through people because they were 2-barring. The only positive was getting a no scope headshot for first blood with the FAL. I'm going for the 300 kill challenges with every gun so I can prestige faster, and I'm nearly there. 260/300. Fletch, how hard should I camp with this class?!

EDIT: LOL, "no scope" with a FAL. It was a hipfire.
If the entire enemy team isn't yelling at you after the match, you're not camping hard enough.

But seriously, you don't need to camp that hard with the FAL, you just have to get used to it up close... I've won plenty of up-close firefights just by bashing on the fire button. It definitely excels at range, but you're not useless up close. I've heard of people having lots of success with the masterkey on the FAL for clearing rooms, but I personally hate that attachment.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Yeah, Masterkey on it works well since it gives you a "better" close range option, though it's not necessary. I've seen people Bling it with Holo and Masterkey before.

Fletch

Smash Master
Yeah, Masterkey on it works well since it gives you a "better" close range option, though it's not necessary. I've seen people Bling it with Holo and Masterkey before.
I like blinging it with Holo and Silencer since its the fastest 2 shot kill with a silencer in the game, but you can definitely replace the silencer with the Masterkey if thats what suits you. I'll throw the tube on there too once in a while for fun.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Sounds good. I took the day off, so I'll be going for a nuke all day because I'm level 68 and I'll be prestiging soon. I'll post my progress.

[collapse=breasts]Game 1 - Noob tubed one away from Harriers, Painkiller Commando'd one away from Chopper Gunner. 29-1-9

Game 2 - Joined late, ragequit because we were spawn trapped. 1-0-4

Game 3 - 5 kill streak on Bailout, claymore gets a hitmarker and I get akimbo Ranger'd.

Game 4 - Afghan match, doing the tube strategy where you can hit B From A and protect it. As I replace a claymore that got a kill, I get AA-12'd by a sniper. Ragequit. 7-0-2

Game 5 - Spawn tubed on Quarry, few people know how to do it. Called in Chopper just before the game ended. 12-5-0

Game 6 - Crash, claymored up the 3 story and got "The Brink" with my SPAS. AUG HBar. 6-0-1

Game 7 - 5 killstreak on Afghan, get Akimbo Vector'd because my teammate failed to kill him because was a poor sniper. 5-1-1

Game 8 - 29-9-6 on Storm. Killed after I got my Chopper by an RPD.[/collapse]

Fletch

Smash Master
Sounds good. I took the day off, so I'll be going for a nuke all day because I'm level 68 and I'll be prestiging soon. I'll post my progress.

[collapse=breasts]Game 1 - Noob tubed one away from Harriers, Painkiller Commando'd one away from Chopper Gunner. 29-1-9

Game 2 - Joined late, ragequit because we were spawn trapped. 1-0-4[/collapse]
Going for a nuke is the most infuriating thing you can do to yourself, I wouldn't do that on your day off. Unrelated, but your location is win, Hootie is great.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I guess I'll try to go for a nuke this prestige. I have to unlock the tactical nuke as my next kill streak though.

Time to put my tryhard pants on!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I guess I'm somewhat of a masochist. I'm trying to get one every prestige and put this off until the last second. Right now, I'm using my standard nuke class. Any silenced AR, Scav, Stopping, Ninja, Claymores. Nothing else matters. Any suggestions for my rifle? I've been using the M16 and TAR, both worked well in the past.

Good stuff, didn't think anyone would get the song reference.

Fletch

Smash Master
I guess I'm somewhat of a masochist. I'm trying to get one every prestige and put this off until the last second. Right now, I'm using my standard nuke class. Any silenced AR, Scav, Stopping, Ninja, Claymores. Nothing else matters. Any suggestions for my rifle? I've been using the M16 and TAR, both worked well in the past.

Good stuff, didn't think anyone would get the song reference.
TAR, FAMAS, M16 are perfect nuke guns as far as the ARs go. I know you said you're looking for AR suggestions, but the only other gun I could suggest over these is the silenced UMP to go with this class, it's basically an AR anyways, and you could substitute something out for SP. UMP is my go to for nukes when I'm not tubing or sniping.

And shame on anyone that wouldn't recognize Hootie.

EDIT: Just realized if you're using silencer+scav, you really should go for the FAMAS over M16, although the M16 is not that much worse than the FAMAS that it should really make that much of a difference... The extra distance of the FAMAS along with it's tighter spread might save you a couple of times though.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I overuse the UMP. It's certainly a good gun for my nuke strategy and I might use it. OMA Tar gave me the best results, 12-5-0 on Quarry.

EDIT: Wow, I did my best with a Sleight of Hand FAMAS. 29-9-6. Got killed as soon as I got my Chopper but oh well. Can't really complain since Storm has bad spawns and I only got it because they were spawning in front of me.

Top Bottom