• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

Look at it from his point of view. He took the time to organize a list of everyone's tags and people still come in asking if anyone else plays on x console. Text depicts no emotion and even then it doesn't look like he was angry. You sure use quite a bit of profanity for someone my age, but ah well. Lighten up, IcyDuth.
I don't mind profanity, mud.
Sorry, I didn't notice there was a list of IDs in the first post amidst a sea of other bs without any indication in the thread title -_-
Don't worry about it.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I curse at this game more than anyone in this thread put together......FACT!

I'm also not playing right now because my connection is being super gay and yellow barring me the whole time.

Sorry Icee!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Holy ****, calm down. Quit *****ing, I'm sure it was an honest mistake.
You're telling me to calm down when you sound like you need to. Please think before you post anymore replies, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't use profanity in this thread, thanks.

Sorry, I didn't notice there was a list of IDs in the first post amidst a sea of other bs without any indication in the thread title -_-
That "sea of other bs" is information on this game. If you aren't going to read the OP of this thread then don't bother posting at all. And do you see any threads here with an indication of any lists in the thread title? The only one I see at the moment is the Conduit FC trading thread. Please read the OP of threads before asking questions, thanks.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
There's a few million CoD players so of course some are bound to be immature and aggressive.

Hahahahaha Fletch.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I have a secret for everyone... I've started using the M16. It's not bad with Holographic sight, and I don't mind using Bling to strap on a silencer. Not saying I hate the Frenchmas now, but I'm switching between both.

Fletch

Smash Master
I have a secret for everyone... I've started using the M16. It's not bad with Holographic sight, and I don't mind using Bling to strap on a silencer. Not saying I hate the Frenchmas now, but I'm switching between both.
Traitor!

Ha it's really a very good gun, it's just requiring the sight that really makes me shy away from it. I don't like guns that require a sight to be good (outside of the FAL, which is just really fun to use). FAMAS is still more beast though.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Traitor!

Ha it's really a very good gun, it's just requiring the sight that really makes me shy away from it. I don't like guns that require a sight to be good (outside of the FAL, which is just really fun to use). FAMAS is still more beast though.
Yeah, that's what turned me off before. The irons are terrible, and hipfire is kind of bad imo :l Still **** with Holographic though :3

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I actually prefer the M16 with no sight. It's probably just you guys.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I actually prefer the M16 with no sight. It's probably just you guys.
Can we please do some Sniping?

And I like Holographic for the M16 but Red Dot for the Frenchmas @_@

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Already sent you an invite.

@Fletch - Yes, I remember Blame Truth doing a video about it months ago and I've used it ever since.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I can't stand M16, its like... annoying for me to use. Can't explain it. though, M16 was the gun i used when i got my first nuke. >_>

Fletch

Smash Master
Does anyone else think the UMP is the best overall gun in the game? I'm really starting to think it is better than all the ARs, but man would it be even more awesome with the AR attachments available to it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Nah not the best. It doesn't dominate at really long ranges like a lot of the ARs do, but it destroys anything that moves at med-close range.

I'd say it's around the top 5.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Does anyone else think the UMP is the best overall gun in the game? I'm really starting to think it is better than all the ARs, but man would it be even more awesome with the AR attachments available to it.
Maybe. I have some trouble killing at far range (when not burst firing with it).

Fletch

Smash Master
It kills in 3 shots long range, silenced, without stopping power... it definitely isn't bad at range. Also keep in mind that you don't have the slight speed penalty that you get with ARs. I think the only thing holding it back from being the unanimous best gun in the game is the lack of the awesome AR attachments. Just imagine how awesome the UMP would be with the tube..

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yo TRG, please don't double post in the future. That's blatant spam and you just proved to me that you know better.

That montage was... average. Her being a girl means nothing. The Intervention can pull off those same streaks and that's been proven dozens of times over. When I watch a montage, I care more about music, weapon selection, entertaining gameplay, uncommon streaks (ie. getting a collateral outside of a Highrise spawn snipe or the Skidrow hallway), and decent editing.

EDIT: Thought about what I said again. Some of the stuff in there like the Salvage hardscope streak is something the Intervention can't do. Aside from that, I still stand firm in my decision. That's not to say that the gameplay was bad or anything. She's quite the skilled player and the video was certainly enjoyable.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah the double post won't happen again.

But about the montage, I'm the opposite. I'm all about the gameplay, and that was some of the best I've seen. Do you have any favorite MW2 montages of your own that you could post? I'd like to see what your idea of a really good montage is.

EDIT: Oh and about her being a girl, I think it is indeed significant. Female gamers are constantly stereotyped as not playing video games, or sucking at them. After watching a montage like that, I'm sure a lot of guys will reconsider that notion.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'll try my best to get back to you on that, I never favorite videos so I can't look back at the ones I enjoyed.

I watch a lot more minitage/mini-movies so those will have to do.

S

smash brawl player 99021

It was cool, but not good. Some impressive stuff, but she hardscopes more than me.

M21 EBR's with Double Health on Rust...suck :p

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You guys are some hard *** critics. :\ Ok Icy I'll challenge you as I did :mad: to show me your idea of a good montage.

And she may hardscope more than you, but you'll never be half as good at quickscoping than her.

Fletch

Smash Master
I haven't watched it yet, but if it involves the Barrett, I approve.

EDIT: That is why the Barrett is that much better than the Intervention.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yeah the double post won't happen again.

But about the montage, I'm the opposite. I'm all about the gameplay, and that was some of the best I've seen. Do you have any favorite MW2 montages of your own that you could post? I'd like to see what your idea of a really good montage is.

EDIT: Oh and about her being a girl, I think it is indeed significant. Female gamers are constantly stereotyped as not playing video games, or sucking at them. After watching a montage like that, I'm sure a lot of guys will reconsider that notion.
Statistically speaking, she's probably an outlier and thus must be discounted from the trend. :p

Still, that video was godlike. That is all I have to say on the matter.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I agree. Did ya guys see all those Frag Cup guys using it? I know that itself doesn't prove it's the best gun, but IMO it really is the best gun.

Double post but who cares this is worth it. I just watched an insane montage.

Gretest MW2 montage I've seen yet for 2 reasons-
1. It shows why the .50 Cal. is truly the best sniper in the game
2. The player is a chick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoPH9gsmcmY
That montage is sweeeeeet

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Still, that video was godlike. That is all I have to say on the matter.
That montage is sweeeeeet
Thank you the montage was incredible. Her reaction time is amazing. One of my favorite parts of the montage is at 2:52 where she clears a room of 4 people in about 2 secends. That small clip right there really shows off the advantage of using a .50 Cal. over an Intervention. Sure she could have done the same with an Intervention, but it wouldn't have been nearly as fast.

But apparently both :mad: and Icy have seen a lot better montages than this so I'm waiting patiently for them to show me one.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You already said that you look for different qualities in a montage so nothing I have would impress you.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Finally got my sniper class:

WA200/FMJ (trying to unlock all attachments)
USP 45/ Akimbo
-Slight of Hand Pro
-Cold-Blooded Pro
-Commando/Ninja Pro

with Claymores/ stuns

Fletch

Smash Master
Actually, what WERE the most used guns during the Frag Cup?
"5. Famas with Red Dot
4. ACR with Red Dot
3. M16 with Holo
2. Tar with FMJ or Holo
1. UMP with FMJ or anything actually ...

Also seen a few AK's, M4s, P90s, and Scars but no where near as many as the top 5.

These seem to be the most used weapons in the tournament ... do you believe these are the best primary weapons in the game"

From GameFAQs, this is an observation on most used primaries in the Frag Cup. UMP and TAR as top two make sense, but why the M16 is #3 ahead of the FAMAS makes no sense, as well as the use of RDS. ACR was confusing, but I guess it's basically just a long distance sniper anyways.
I made this post a little bit ago.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
That montage was pretty nice. I don't like montages though, anyone can make a highlight video, and who knows how long it took to gather all of those clips... So all I looked at was the editing and the music. I muted it instantly once I heard people screaming in the mic (I hate screamo with a passion.) But that aside, I'd give the editing about a 7.5-8/10.

Fletch speaks nothing but truth.

Top Bottom