• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I just played yesterday after a long break. The players have gotten worse, because my accuracy was so bad, yet I was still able to get consistent 10+ K/D games. But even now, I seriously notice how important connection is in this game. When I had a 4 bar, it was a lot easier for me to get good games consistently. But when I had a 3 bar, I noticed right away that I was killing people slower.

Also, second chance is ****ing stupid, especially when 3-5/6 people I played against last night ran it almost every game.

Grandeza

Smash Master
The 30's aren't too bad, things just get incredibly inconsistent at about 38 or 40. Teleporters won't work and we'll scramble to survive, monkeys don't register, and someone will get randomly zapped and lose Jug.
When I played neither of us used the Wunderwaffle. We both just got ray guns. I really think we lost because of a monkey not registering but maybe I'm just johning and it didn't activate yet.

The dogs spawning in the mid rounds are so frustrating. i mean you get used to it but it would be a million times easier if they didn't exist. I just horded by power and my team mate horded in Thompson room. My partner and I really dislike cooperating for a strategy like a full map strategy so we mutually agree to just take separate rooms.

Thompson room is ridiculously easy though. It has buyable ammo right there, open space for easy hording and a trap. I let my partner get Thompson room just because he had almost no experience on Der Riese.

Power areas alright. It just feels a bit narrow. It has STG ammo in the teleporter area which is pretty easily accessible. I find it much easier to horde in the teleporter room than the power area but the Thompson room gets a ton more zombies if the other guys is all the way back in the teleporter room and I can't let my partner get too many more points than me!

I know most people don't care too much about an off the wall gun being nearby, but as I've said before, i play for rounds but more importantly points and you can't get more points than using an off the wall gun. Final score was my partner 240k me 210k.

My goal is to get over 200k and above round 30 on every zombie map. So my to-do list for the next few days is:

-Shi no Numa (barely touched this map)
-Call of the Dead (reset my round 34 to round 11)
-Five (desperately need a higher round on this)
-Shangri La(I just suck at this map to be honest)

Grandeza

Smash Master
So, I hear they added the other perks to the maps.
Moon has every perk ever plus Mule Kick.

If you were referring to WaW zombie maps, they kept the perks the same as they were in WaW.

Edit- Apparently they've retro fitted the other zombie maps with other perks or actually I think just mule kick. that's awesome!

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Flopper would make some of the maps LOLeasy though.

Could you imagine Verruckt/Nacht with Flopper + Ray Gun?

Nacht is already easy as **** anyway with the ThunderGun and the fact that the help room is one of the greatest places in the history of Zombies to run circles.

Speaking of Zombies, who wants to play soon?

I'm looking to get better scores on Moon, Kino,Verruckt, Angry-La, Shi No, and Nacht.

After that, I'm looking to get to at least 30 on every map.

I have 29 on Ascension and 28 on five.

Matt07

Smash Master
Wow, I was playing a bunch of Domination and it seems like a lot more people don't wanna Capture flags now, for some reason :S.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Wow, I was playing a bunch of Domination and it seems like a lot more people don't wanna Capture flags now, for some reason :S.
Hi welcome to Call of duty good sir.

Enjoying your stay?It's always like that but depending on how bad your team is its less/more noticeable

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Play with friends. Most randoms in this game are bad who go 0-31 and feed the enemy kill streaks. :urg:

Grandeza

Smash Master
Flopper would make some of the maps LOLeasy though.

Could you imagine Verruckt/Nacht with Flopper + Ray Gun?

Nacht is already easy as **** anyway with the ThunderGun and the fact that the help room is one of the greatest places in the history of Zombies to run circles.

Speaking of Zombies, who wants to play soon?

I'm looking to get better scores on Moon, Kino,Verruckt, Angry-La, Shi No, and Nacht.

After that, I'm looking to get to at least 30 on every map.

I have 29 on Ascension and 28 on five.
I find Nacht very difficult on co op. One person runs circles in start room and the other in the random box room, but without Jug it's hard =\

Matt07

Smash Master
@ SwamperTheGreat - Yea, but I find now I'm solo capping the first flag :S. Before at least 3-4 people on my team went for caps, now it's like 1-2.

@ F8AL - I wish I could, a lot of my friends aren't on a whole lot, so gotta play solo.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
@ SwamperTheGreat - Yea, but I find now I'm solo capping the first flag :S. Before at least 3-4 people on my team went for caps, now it's like 1-2.

@ F8AL - I wish I could, a lot of my friends aren't on a whole lot, so gotta play solo.
That's not a bad thing.Only one person needs to.Everyone else should push B

Grandeza

Smash Master
For any who care I just got to round 34 on Shi no Numa with 2 friends. Was my third time playing the map and it was my friends first and second time playing the map. So yeah I'm proud. And we all finished with some pretty insane scores. We're all in the top 250 for score now which is pretty cool. Easy map though I must say. I circled in Flogger area, one guy circled in Comm area I think and the other circled in the Inside(Thompson area and a little upstairs mixed in).

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Zombies almost makes me want to buy a new blops.

Just thought i'd let you guys know that I recorded me breaking my game disk yesterday :D
Upload that **** to YouTube, stat!

Is only be interested in watching it if

1) you are speaking while breaking it
2) it shows you
3) you are speaking while breaking it

:phone:
All of the above.

Also, is the mule kick perk in the default zombies map any good?

Grandeza

Smash Master
Grandeza NEVER plays zombies with me. D:
My apologies. You weren't on when we started playing last night and I usually only play when I have a very long stretch of time to play.

I know that feel, Snack.
Well in fairness, you're very rarely online when I'm online.

So out of curiosity, in Zombies, what 4 perk setup do you guys use.

If it's a map with the 4 original perks plus Mule Kick I run

Jug
Quick revive
Double Tap
Mule Kick

And on a map with all the perks I use

Jug
Quick
PhD
Mule

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
My apologies. You weren't on when we started playing last night and I usually only play when I have a very long stretch of time to play.

Well in fairness, you're very rarely online when I'm online.

So out of curiosity, in Zombies, what 4 perk setup do you guys use.

If it's a map with the 4 original perks plus Mule Kick I run

Jug
Quick revive
Double Tap
Mule Kick

And on a map with all the perks I use

Jug
Quick
PhD
Mule
4 original perks + mulekick

I use