• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I hardscope and I hardly ever stay in the back of the map for 5 minutes. I sniped yesterday in Domination and got a pretty decent number of kills. Its like Odin said, you stay in the same place for a kill or 2 then move somewhere else. Even though I hardscope I'm pretty mobile.

Matt07

Smash Master
That'd be awesome :O. But what about Double Tap, why did they remove the perk? Was it just a useless/good perk? I'd like that perk back.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Eh, I'd prefer no stopping power, no juggernaut, cold-blooded, and no air support.
That'd be boring.

That'd be awesome :O. But what about Double Tap, why did they remove the perk? Was it just a useless/good perk? I'd like that perk back.
No one used it.

Double tap=rapid fire, no?
Yes.

EDIT: And Blops has sold over 23 million copies...:urg:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/01/black-ops-sold-over-23-million-units-and-over-18-million-map-pac/

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I just saw footage of Moon yesterday, and honestly, I missed it when zombies used to be about the actual gameplay and not the Easter eggs. Yes, the easter eggs were nice, but not when the Easter eggs make up the entire game. Easter eggs like the meteor in Shi No Numa or the shooting stuff game with Samantha were nice, but now the games seem to be focused more on 20 step Easter eggs to try and move the story along than actually making gameplay where the person actually lasts more than 15 rounds

:phone:

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
well you dont have to go for the easter eggs do you
If you complete the one on Moon, everybody gets all 8 perks and they're (the perks) immune to the Astronaut guy and going down (when you get back up you'll have them back). That's pretty worth the easter egg. Granted it's a lot of work, but it's not too complicated if you can get the lucky pulls from the box.

Also,... I have no idea why I've never posted here (off topic).

S

smash brawl player 99021

Easter Eggs are a method of developing the story without using cutscenes or background text before the game starts.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
the only thing i hate about trick shots is when i have 2 or 3 teammates going for them and ending the match with 4-15 or worse. i've developed a "team player" mentality and it's annoying when i've got teammates who are just messing around. i'm just a big ol' stick in the mud now. lol

Grandeza

Smash Master
I rarely see people go for trick shots in anything other than search so that doesn't bother me. And I like meeting other trickshotters in SnD. Although there are no Black ops trick shotters =\

S

smash brawl player 99021

I've never really encountered any. We should play this weekend, people. Some Ground War, perhaps? Then everypony can play.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Play with Fuelbi. :p

If I can't fix my current Xbox situation then you'll prolly have to wait till Christmas when I buy a slim 360 model.

Matt07

Smash Master
Well this Tuesday I start college, so gonna take advantage of this double experience weekend, gonna try and aim for 12th Prestige. I'm 8 levels until 11th Prestige haha.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Play with Fuelbi. :p

If I can't fix my current Xbox situation then you'll prolly have to wait till Christmas when I buy a slim 360 model.
**** that I'm refusing to play this game anymore. I have Gears 3 to look forward to this month so once that comes out I'm going to send this game to you so you can destroy it and send me a vid of it

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Technically not CoD related pic, but certainly applicable, and why I hate the CoD community (as Banjo knows my complaints from last nights Domination games)

Seriously. We were being triple capped and our teammates did absolutely nothing and remained completely stationary because they were quickscoping/no scoping, probably for their montage for their 2 subscribers. Give that stupid **** a rest, no one cares. Play the objective and stop being a tool.

Matt07

Smash Master
Or there's 3 guys watching B but an enemy throws a Smoke Grenade and none of them rush to B to defend. I play with randoms all the time. Don't really encounter a lot of people who try to do trickshots, but I mean I do play with a lot people who don't play the objective, so...

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Technically not CoD related pic, but certainly applicable, and why I hate the CoD community (as Banjo knows my complaints from last nights Domination games)

That looks like BFBC2, and wookies who don't play the objective is much more prevalent.
That looks like either GOL magnum or an SV98, which is why I say that.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i treat every domination game as if it were MLG lol
but sometimes i go too far and insult my teammates for trying to triple cap, thus flipping the spawns and getting me flanked because i'm a noob.

Matt07

Smash Master
Gotta love Treyarch's game balance...me with a team of level 1-6 Prestige vs 15 Prestige...

I really hope Infinity Ward does a better job, if you're in a lobby with a team of 6, you should only be matchmaked with other people of a lobby of 6. And people with lower W/L ratio should be put with people with stronger W/L ratio, same for K/D...

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Gotta love Treyarch's game balance...me with a team of level 1-6 Prestige vs 15 Prestige...

I really hope Infinity Ward does a better job, if you're in a lobby with a team of 6, you should only be matchmaked with other people of a lobby of 6. And people with lower W/L ratio should be put with people with stronger W/L ratio, same for K/D...
I don't think I like that idea, I don't want crappy players on my team because I'm good at the game, that's like penalizing you for being good at the game.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord

That's hardly exclusive to Treyarch. Nigh on every multiplayer game has this problem.

:phone:

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
What RR said.

I think Treyarch did a much better job than IW did with the matchmaking. I play against many more parties than I did in MW2. That being said, most people in parties ragequit really quickly once they begin to be pounded into the ground, so it's pretty often that games end with forfeits for the other team. But it's impossible to perfect a matchmaking system that's fundamentally flawed in the first place.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I don't wanna bother buying them since I'm gonna prestige again anyway.

Top Bottom