• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why would you ever aim down your sights on a shotgun?

Fletch

Smash Master
Why would you ever aim down your sights on a shotgun?
I was thinking the same thing.

Anyways I need some help guys, feeling like I'm hitting a rut in Zombies. I keep getting to near 30 range, and just cannot make it over this hill. Usually I play 4 players, or sometimes it is just me and my roommate, but it is really annoying to waste all that time to just keep dying in the late 20s. Any help would be greatly appreciated from those that get way past that.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
bleh I really feel like playing atm......

*hopes for 1 year/3 month card for birthday tomorrow* Either way I have the birthday money to get one so I just gotta go get it.

@Snack: Were you at pound 5? I'm pretty sure I saw you......

@lobos: pokemon song

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
On topicish;

The single greatest moment at a tournament was in ID at some MLG event (I wanna say like FC6 or something), and during the final match between PC Chris and Mew2King, EVERYONE started singing the Kirby "Drop it like it's hot".

AWESOME.

Almost makes me miss smash. :<

On topic of thread:

"The Stakeout has the tightest spread of all shotguns when aiming down the sights, therefore aiming accurately will ensure more pellets will reach the intended target at range. This tight spread gives the Stakeout the longest range in both overall and one shot kill range, slightly edging out the Olympia."

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Stakeout

I knew I wasn't THAT crazy.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I remember seeing the XboxAhoy guide on it where he said it had the best hip and ADS fire in terms of spread.
I can't tell you guys enough how much you should watch his videos. Even watching his MW2 videos are good.
Also, F8AL, have you considered combining the COD threads? I would like to ask some questions about COD4:MW.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Anyways I need some help guys, feeling like I'm hitting a rut in Zombies. I keep getting to near 30 range, and just cannot make it over this hill. Usually I play 4 players, or sometimes it is just me and my roommate, but it is really annoying to waste all that time to just keep dying in the late 20s. Any help would be greatly appreciated from those that get way past that.
Don't play with four people.

Yep.

Two people (sometimes three) are all I see on the Leaderboards.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I remember seeing the XboxAhoy guide on it where he said it had the best hip and ADS fire in terms of spread.
I can't tell you guys enough how much you should watch his videos. Even watching his MW2 videos are good.
Also, F8AL, have you considered combining the COD threads? I would like to ask some questions about COD4:MW.
Thanks for the suggestion but no, I haven no plans on doing that.

If you have any questions for CoD4, feel free to VM, PM, IM me them and I'll be more than happy to answer them for you.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

The way zombies is formatted, your best bet is to just have less than 4. Hitting 30+ with 4 is amazing as it is, but the extra people can really hold you back. There's just so many zombies, chances are, someone's going to mess it all up by leaving to take out the garbage or making White Castle Burgers while there's a crawler.

It's also difficult because groups of 4 often stay together, I found the most success splitting up and having everyone individually deal with zombies.

In Ascension, we have a nice setup for the endgame results but something always prevents us from hitting the 45+'s. One person by Flopper running circles, one person by the Pack-a-Punch doing their own route, one by Stamin-up and the last at Quick Revive. There needs to be Gersches from EVERYONE and a Thundergun is necessary as that person becomes the designated rescue person.

If you ever do get the opportunity to play on 360, just contact Icy and I and we'll show you.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Yaaaaaay my K/D went down because my random teammates are never worth a **** and can't go positive to save their lives. Two randoms running around with handguns and a split screen. Gosh this is so much fun and I'm so glad I get the good teammates.

Meanwhile, on the other team, we have a group of 6 all of which are above 5th prestige. Does the game just find the dumbest people on the planet and give them to me to carry? I never knew it could be so hard to look at a radar and shoot red dots.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
TDM is pretty freakin bad. I'd assume that your W/L would take the hit though, and not the K/D. Generally, my K/D in TDM is somewhere between 4.00-10.00 every week (3.00 overall though, but that's from learning the game), but I'd more than likely lose a game of TDM due to bad teams, so I haven't really played it recently, as I'm still on a winstreak of 350ish.

I prefer AK-47 or Commando over the Galil, probably the Commando if silenced, but that's all preference.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
On topicish;

The single greatest moment at a tournament was in ID at some MLG event (I wanna say like FC6 or something), and during the final match between PC Chris and Mew2King, EVERYONE started singing the Kirby "Drop it like it's hot".

AWESOME.

Almost makes me miss smash. :<

On topic of thread:

"The Stakeout has the tightest spread of all shotguns when aiming down the sights, therefore aiming accurately will ensure more pellets will reach the intended target at range. This tight spread gives the Stakeout the longest range in both overall and one shot kill range, slightly edging out the Olympia."

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Stakeout

I knew I wasn't THAT crazy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzg0D-cKds :awesome:

And I dunno, pokemon theme song during pound 5 melee GFs on ps1 was pretty lulzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQSMTKhdsDY skip to 30:05, or watch the whole video because these matches are amazing

Oh yea almost forgot about hotarms, were you at pound?

anywayyyyyy.............

Ehh, I just find the Stakeout too inconsistent for me. It's either I'll get normal OHKOs or I'll have to hit a guy all 4 times to drop him........when he's right in from of me.........

Grandeza

Smash Master
In Ascension, we have a nice setup for the endgame results but something always prevents us from hitting the 45+'s. One person by Flopper running circles, one person by the Pack-a-Punch doing their own route, one by Stamin-up and the last at Quick Revive. There needs to be Gersches from EVERYONE and a Thundergun is necessary as that person becomes the designated rescue person.
Hey that's exactly what me and my friends do!

I honestly find running circles right outside the pack a punch room by the raised platform thing the best. PhD flopper is amazing too. Main room is meh =\ The spinny thing is a hindrance and the zombies falling from the ceiling + narrow spaces are lame. When you say by Stamin-Up do you do a circle strategy right by staminup or the next room over by claymores? I kind of like doing it by claymores. Staminup I have no experience with.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The Quick Revive room is BY FAR the best room to do it in. You have a lander, the centrofuge (sp?) will kill zombies when you run low and Jug is near by. It's really no problem, trust me.

Grandeza

Smash Master
The Quick Revive room is BY FAR the best room to do it in. You have a lander, the centrofuge (sp?) will kill zombies when you run low and Jug is near by. It's really no problem, trust me.
Meh I like PhD since it's got a lander and Mp5k ammo. Pack a Punch isn't a problem for getting to MP5k. main room is just =\ even if jug is nearby at a late round, what are your chances of getting through the stair case and getting jug without dying? True the lander is helpful but it could easily take you to PhD flopper where another guy is and mess both of you up. i suppose that's only a small unlikely chance though. Also I hate so much the narrow path when you're going around the centrifuge. I mean it's manageable but I see no advantage over the PaP or PhD.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We never buy MP5k because it's bad. Jug being close is useful for when monkeys come, that's why I said it was useful. The lander is there for when someone gets downed. You can take the lander to rescue them.

The narrow paths are never a problem assuming nobody's bad.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Every time I end up in PaP circle, I managed to get downed. If that large platform thing wasn't there, it wouldn't be a problem.

Plus it's a far distance away...so if you go down, you better have good teammates.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I agree with the if you get downed by PaP you're screwed part. although I never have a problem by there. Maybe I'll get downed once over there by like round 25, but it's usually due to me being stupid. I consider, in the later rounds when ammo starts to run out alot, having off-the-wall ammo very useful. So I usually end up using MP5K. You say you don't use MP5K. What do you use? You got me thinking about the M16. Especially since it's not too inaccessible from the PaP area. But if you're in the main room, what off-the-wall weapon is accessible mid round? I guess you could go for MPL in the next room over but that's pretty crappy >>

I hope I'm not being bothersome with all the questions. I actually am eager to learn better strategies for zombies :]

S

smash brawl player 99021

I agree with the if you get downed by PaP you're screwed part. although I never have a problem by there. Maybe I'll get downed once over there by like round 25, but it's usually due to me being stupid. I consider, in the later rounds when ammo starts to run out alot, having off-the-wall ammo very useful. So I usually end up using MP5K. You say you don't use MP5K. What do you use? You got me thinking about the M16. Especially since it's not too inaccessible from the PaP area. But if you're in the main room, what off-the-wall weapon is accessible mid round? I guess you could go for MPL in the next room over but that's pretty crappy >>

I hope I'm not being bothersome with all the questions. I actually am eager to learn better strategies for zombies :]
It's only because of something dumb or the fact that there's four immediate windows right near you, and zombies come from the ground outside (and another window).

Grandeza

Smash Master
Meh the windows have never really been a bother to me. The main room is just meh =\ I like PhD and PaP. I can do main room, I just have better results using PaP. One of my other friends generally calls the PhD area.

I'm curious though since mad said you guys don't get MP5K, what off the wall weapon do you get and how do you access it mid-round?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If the Flopper guy gets downed, the Revive guy can take the lander to rescue him and vice versa. Pack a Punch has no lander, no escape route and it's far away in the event that you do get downed.

If anything, I get M16 off the wall and do this. Circle the zombies, run up to MPL, up to box, into Sleigh of Hand, grab ammo for the M16, and I take the lander back to Quick Revive. Works nicely, but we always have Ray Guns or assault rifles from the box.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It has plenty of ammo, people just often waste it. I'm about as frugal as it gets when it comes to bullet conservation and let me tell you, you'll be fine if you conserve.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Meh. Sometimes I run out of ammo in ARs mid-round. i just usually wait for my horde of zombies to reach the cap and just hipfire all of em as i move away.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I don't really like assault rifles for the later rounds, not enough ammo IMO. Ray Gun is great though.
What's better? Nothing. HK shoots slower than a turtle-sloth covered in tar eating molasses. RPK is weaker than an argument from Helen Keller. You're supposed to (if not using M16) get points with one AR, get enough to hit the box and get another. Eventually, you'll need an M16...but until then...

Grandeza

Smash Master
I don't really understand how you can access M16 mid round =\ it's full of stair cases and narrow pathways. how do you ensure you can get there without 2 zombies getting in front of you on a stair case?

S

smash brawl player 99021

I don't really understand how you can access M16 mid round =\ it's full of stair cases and narrow pathways. how do you ensure you can get there without 2 zombies getting in front of you on a stair case?
THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONSSSSS

You can run them through a trap, throw a Gersch, etc.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You get a 'train' following you, then just walk right to the M16. It's easy.

Fletch

Smash Master
ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACH

Left us mid-game yesterday. Not cool. No downs for me and I was ****** face, but I had to keep saving a certain someone...

Lobos

Smash Master
bleh I really feel like playing atm......

*hopes for 1 year/3 month card for birthday tomorrow* Either way I have the birthday money to get one so I just gotta go get it.

@Snack: Were you at pound 5? I'm pretty sure I saw you......

@lobos: pokemon song
it was funny :awesome:

Shoutouts to everyone who was at pound 5 that plays black ops

Fletch

Smash Master
Does he at least shoot down air support in Black Ops?

;)
He's definitely better than me at Multiplayer, although I hate to admit it. As for shooting down air support, I'm not really sure, usually that's my job since I don't really play much.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Damn it fletch my parent wouldn't stop annoying me to get to bed and I was having a ****ty day yesterday with only getting explosives out the box

And I always shoot down air support since I always have a strella equipped

Top Bottom