• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Got my first spawn-a-throw-a-hawk across 3 maps today on Radiation. I gotta look at the clip later and figure out how much it bounced, cause it took a while.

:MAD, Banjo and PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME are my witnesses. Along with the freaking out. XD

Fletch

Smash Master
Playing zombies on kino on ps3 if anyone is interested. See roach is on and will probably get him. Psn = clownmafia.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I've only gotten spawn tomhawks on summit, launch, and stadium, but I know the spawn tomahawk spots on radiation and kowloon as well and kind of hanoi.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Played zombies with 2 friends and some guy we met on live. Round 10, one guy had to go. The other guy got downed over and over and rage quit. Me and my friend got to 25 making it my best in terms of rounds but Im still very unpleased. I made such a bad mistake :< Won't be satisfied till I get to the 40s! I think me and my friends have the potential to if we didnt screw up.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Mobility is a pretty big deal when zombies stop dying instantly. You have to be able to shoot then move accordingly. It's not that the RPK or HK are bad, it's just that the other guns are much better.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So guys, what happens if you have Ghost and you run through no-man's-land on Berlin Wall? Do you get shot by the turrets or not?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So guys, what happens if you have Ghost and you run through no-man's-land on Berlin Wall? Do you get shot by the turrets or not?
Yes, you will get shot.

I'm 99.9% certain you do. I think smoke grenades are the only thing that helps.
You are correct. Well, I guess the only other way to get past the turrets is to have your whole team run across "no mans land" and hope you don't die. :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well heh... Thats something to keep in mind when first strike finally comes our for PS3

And I feel great and pissed at the same time

I just trolled this guy who was on a mic in Kino giving the people playing really ****ty advice on how to win at Kino. And the guy has no idea how to play the game where he decides to go on the left half of kino instead of going to the right like everyone knows you're supposed to. Then we stay at the alley and I open the fence. He tells everyone to stay to stay in the boiler room and not move, which was again ****ty advice to begin with so I go ahead and open up the theater and turn on the power and didn't say anything thinking that this guy was at least smart enough to know that gas zombies only come out when the power gets turned on.

Apparently he wasn't and stayed in that room for about 5-7 rounds getting downed constantly because he didn't have juggernaut and was too cheap to "open" the door himself

And it's funny how I revived him once with Quick Revive and he STILL didn't notice the power was turned on. Then I went to the teleporter to upgrade my H2k and my Ray Gun and then he finally notices the power was turned on, screams to nobody in particular that they are imbeciles because he still didnt know it was me, then rage quits mid round when I had my Oscillator and Porter's, Quick Revive, Juggernaut and Monkey Bomb leaving me very pissed because the guy was host and the game had to end

Tl;dr: it's fun to troll idiots except when they have host privileges :c

Btw I need a good tomahawk class I've been trying to get better at it

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I dont think so seeing as we already got one

Which was stupid because it should've been saved for each platfrom's respective release of map packs

Player-1

Smash Legend
I use Lightweight pro, warlord pro, and marathon pro on my tomhawk classes with any SMG and stun grenades. ATM I'm using the 74 with rapid fire/grip.

Also, you guys should invite me some time I haven't played with you guys since before halo reach came out

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Btw I need a good tomahawk class I've been trying to get better at it
I like Scavenger because you don't have to go find the throwahawk you threw. My knifing class has Scavenger SoH and Marathon because I use a Ballistic Knife but if you're only gonna use a throwahawk then go for Warlord Pro.

I never tried this, but does anyone know if you can resupply both tomahawks if you're running Scavenger and Warlord Pro?

Grandeza

Smash Master
I like Scavenger because you don't have to go find the throwahawk you threw. My knifing class has Scavenger SoH and Marathon because I use a Ballistic Knife but if you're only gonna use a throwahawk then go for Warlord Pro.

I never tried this, but does anyone know if you can resupply both tomahawks if you're running Scavenger and Warlord Pro?
I'm pretty sure that with warlord + scavenger you can get back two lethals by picking up two scavenger packs. Not positive though.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Scavenger picks up ONE lethal at a time, even with Warlord pro. You can still get two, but it's one at a time.

My knife/tomahawk is one of the following

Scav/Lightweight
Warlord Pro (IMHO, don't bother with anything else)
Marathon/Hacker/Ninja

Only use ghost if you're spy plane paranoid, but I run Spy/Counter/B-Bird. I like to hold onto my counters until they pop a spy plane or it's close to end game.

Smg would be a good primary choice, as you'll be close range a lot, usually. As a personal recommendation, I would say learn how to 'reflex-hawk', or tap the throw button with a slight lead on your target, and or learn your trajectory with said Tomahawk. If you watch any of my clips, you'll see that I rarely hold down the button to throw. Just a light tap. This also helps with when you miss that you can have some control over your next action, whether it's shooting, knifing, shooting a knife, etc. But that's just how I play, not saying it's the best by any means. Just what works for me.

I'm hoping my montage will be done soon. Had some good clips this last week. :awesome: Stay tuned Boys and Ghouls!

Player-1

Smash Legend
warlord pro isn't a necessity, but then I'd recommend using scavenger pro. I got my first 3,500 tomahawks with using a skorpion with extended mags and sleight of hand and still did good, but then you have to get use to running over to your opponent and holding down X and picking up the tomahawk instead of the gun and stuff.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Are you sure there isn't anything I can run over Warlord Pro? That second chllenge is a ball sack to get
Here's the thing;

If you're running Knife set up, Warlord Pro is the way to go, since you'll have 2 tomahawks. I go with this since I've been knifing a lot lately, and from preference I like having 2 tomahawks available. But that's just me.

If you're running and gunning with tomahawks, by all means, go with what feels comfortable. I just feel as a knifer, that Warlord pro is the most beneficial for me given my setup. Steady Aim Pro wasn't worth it to me, as I didn't feel much of a difference between knifes.

If you're gonna gun, I always recommend SoH. Especially with the Skorpion or one of the small clip SMGs. Also, Skorpio love.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Are you sure there isn't anything I can run over Warlord Pro? That second chllenge is a ball sack to get
I finished all of the Warlord challenges in less than two hours playtime. I don't know what you're talking about. Warlord is probably the easiest perk to get the pro challenges done, as it doesn't require anything of you at all besides play the game.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So I beat Black Op's campaign this afternoon and I still much prefer MW2's campaign over this one. (Probably going to get a lot of hate for this but w/e)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Me, Thunder and a friend of mine played just non-stop awesome matches tonight. My mate is the guy that has the 3.9 K/D, so luckily Thunder got to experience playing with him first hand.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Here's the thing;

If you're running Knife set up, Warlord Pro is the way to go, since you'll have 2 tomahawks. I go with this since I've been knifing a lot lately, and from preference I like having 2 tomahawks available. But that's just me.

If you're running and gunning with tomahawks, by all means, go with what feels comfortable. I just feel as a knifer, that Warlord pro is the most beneficial for me given my setup. Steady Aim Pro wasn't worth it to me, as I didn't feel much of a difference between knifes.

If you're gonna gun, I always recommend SoH. Especially with the Skorpion or one of the small clip SMGs. Also, Skorpio love.
You should also keep in mind that you can knife cancel in this game just like you could in MW2. Melee > Holdable Lethal > Y. Tomahawks are good for that. It's faster than the Steady Aim benefit.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, what player-1 said. As long as it's a double kill, you're golden. Play domination/headquarters/something with heavy objective/people crowding an area. :)
Funny, because I've gotten about 3 double nades with the perk on and I still haven't fulfilled the challenge apparently, leading me to think that maybe they meant a quad nade

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
In reference to the comments and questions earlier about when I said average, it was because when I do see Trips or Quads, they're usually just like that. It is average because any player who catches a team lined up like the human centipede can get a triple or quad.
What I look for in a quadruple kill is people who aren't idiots and are aware of your presence. They should've been outplayed by your reaction time and situation awareness. Finding silly L96'ers who are trying to get sweet 360 noscopes across ten maps all standing in a row because they're trying to get in the same spot isn't too fun of a multikill.
That's why I said average.

Top Bottom