• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Walt

Smash Ace
Air Falcon Kick into Fox charging up-b is hella funny. It trades, makes him lose a little bit of height, then you up-b back to the stage and bair edgeguard. Obviously is not recommended for anything but friendlies and disrespect.

D

Deleted member

Dropzone stomp -> Falcon Kick, Andross style. Works every time (against Falco, at least). Catch him with the startup and the knockback will be behind you, i.e. into/under the stage, depending.
double stomp kooler IMO

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Air Falcon Kick into Fox charging up-b is hella funny. It trades, makes him lose a little bit of height, then you up-b back to the stage and bair edgeguard. Obviously is not recommended for anything but friendlies and disrespect.
Yeah, but you kinda have to read a tiny bit because of how stupidly difficult it is to not lose/miss if he starts moving, the only way I've managed to do it is the start-up of an aerial Falcon Kick while facing away from him (so you have to find the time to moonwalk to get yourself out there while facing the stage quickly enough). It wins pretty consistently, but you have to slightly read where he's going to start the upB and put yourself above and slightly in front of him, literally almost touching him so you can cover all trajectories, and then you have to time it so that you hit his head with your *** or else you'll lose. He starts moving 40 frames after inputting upB and you need 15 frames before Falcon Kick comes out ... You have more than 25 frames to get out there because you still win if he starts moving, prob like 25~30 if you can get close enough to cover all trajectories (if it takes you any longer, you have to read the trajectory), but you pretty much already have to be in the air when he inputs upB to get to that spacing if you consider that he's probably pretty far away from the stage, so I don't think the timing and spacing can be done on reaction.

Stomp -> knee baby
Either you missed a comma or you are a sick, sick man.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Hey all,

What do you against Pikachu? After reading through this entire thread on the way to mass madness and also reading through the Falcon index, there is a criminally small amount of info on the yellow rat. I know nair is good and that you can punish him super hard on down throws if he does anything besides down and away DI, but I am having trouble on approaching him and converting hits/grabs to damage.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
What are you looking to do in the neutral game against Sheik? I notice I slowly get pushed towards the edge if they aren't jumping because I don't want to get ****ed up by a ftilt -.-

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
You've identified your problem as ftilt. Ftilt is harder to punish from the air so stay grounded and bait it. Dash dance around and run at her then throw up your shield or CC when she swings her leg and grab that *****.
Try to look for WHEN she's tilting. Is it when she thinks you're going to jump at her? Is it when she's close to you? Probably both.
Figuring out when your opponent does things tells you their motives, and if you know what they're thinking then you've won half the battle.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Hey all,

What do you against Pikachu? After reading through this entire thread on the way to mass madness and also reading through the Falcon index, there is a criminally small amount of info on the yellow rat. I know nair is good and that you can punish him super hard on down throws if he does anything besides down and away DI, but I am having trouble on approaching him and converting hits/grabs to damage.
If he's Axe, tell him to play YL. If he's not Axe, choose Mewtwo and do what Mewtwo did in the first Pokemon movie.

Alternatively, SolarBeam to the FAAAAAAAAACE!!!!

D

Deleted member

after getting a 3 hour training session with mango before he left im not surprised at all about the result

edit:

i recommend watching the set dwammmm

Twinkles

Smash Lord
darkrain's still really good at the falcon matchup. mango's just way too good

still think scar has the best punish game on falcon though

D

Deleted member

even if wobbles stayed in i'd say hax has a good shot at beating him

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Mango vs Darkrain in this Round Robin makes me, for the first time, seriously consider maining Falcon.

Violence

Smash Lord
Wobbles dropping, while I thought it was really unfortunate, really saved the stream from scrubby commentary from Fro. Wobbles really brought things to life with everything from high speed narration, in depth mindset commentary, matchup knowledge, and silly puns. There was just so much to enjoy.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
What I took away from FC:

Darkrain is easily, easily, easily the third best Falcon right now. Sorry to anyone who thinks it's Scar or Jeff. What I witnessed this weekend is someone who WILLED his way to taking games from top players that he honestly has no business taking games from, simply using the intoxicating crowd hype behind him. No gimmicks, no overwhelming tech skill, no lucky breaks, just pure willpower.

Wait until you see the videos. Not all of Darkrain's matches were streamed, but all were recorded.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
What I took away from FC:

Darkrain is easily, easily, easily the third best Falcon right now. Sorry to anyone who thinks it's Scar or Jeff. What I witnessed this weekend is someone who WILLED his way to taking games from top players that he honestly has no business taking games from, simply using the intoxicating crowd hype behind him. No gimmicks, no overwhelming tech skill, no lucky breaks, just pure willpower.

Wait until you see the videos. Not all of Darkrain's matches were streamed, but all were recorded.
fwiw, i'd say lord is the best falcon in norcal right now

Violence

Smash Lord
Oh Robbleguy, you only watched a playthrough of Norcal's campaign. You need to visit the optional bosses.

Also, I assume you're invoking the Mango rule wrt 3rd best Falcon.

Top Bottom