• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brinstaris DK's best stage-- End of discussion!

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Final Destination isn't bad but there's nothing particularly good about it for us (besides the ability to stage spike, I guess). It gives much greater advantages to characters like Falco and the Ice Climbers. In short, it's easier to space with bairs/down+b/up+b on Final, but we get a disadvantage against anyone with a projectile.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
guys its japes end of discussion

daisho

Smash Lord
I really like corneria especially against light characters. Killing metaknight at 40% with an upsmash is just awesome... plus you can take advantage of the weird angles with down b, it has huge range. Also the Dtilt lock is god like. Punching through the stage is also pretty cool.

K 2

Smash Lord
Interesting...I always ban Brinstar as a G&W user. The lava kills me at rediculously low percents.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
its funny because i just started cp this stage against new people that give me a challenge and i havent lost on it yet. i been there about 20+ times and all successfully winning with 2 stocks or 1 stock at a low %.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
All this weekend at Winter Games Fest i went Brinstar as my counter pick. I love this stage, i dont lose on this stage and people never see it coming.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
i got a sweet kill today on brinstar. i was at 120% and i got spiked by my friends falco and he thought i was dead. then at the last second the lava rose just enough to save me sending me back up. my friend taunted "dont try me" and then he saw i didnt die and hes like WTF??!?! it sent me up right next to him and just as his taunt finished, i DK paunch him(while still partially burning) to his doom. it was like a falcon paunch but more hairy and with a bigger fist.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
DK ***** on Japes and Brinstar. I've seen people recking right and left with him in the past few days on those stages.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Cali they are banning all DK's stages exept brinstar so hard to win without it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
mansion is the best stage against meta. I am sure of it

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What makes Ike sooo easy to brawl here? Ike does good on this stage.. not nearly as much as DK but it wouldn't be impossible for Ike to win... Ike has a lot of perks in brinstar.

i got a sweet kill today on brinstar. i was at 120% and i got spiked by my friends falco and he thought i was dead. then at the last second the lava rose just enough to save me sending me back up. my friend taunted "dont try me" and then he saw i didnt die and hes like WTF??!?! it sent me up right next to him and just as his taunt finished, i DK paunch him(while still partially burning) to his doom. it was like a falcon paunch but more hairy and with a bigger fist.
That is some fiery epicness.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
really? i would imagine its easier for him to **** you with mach tornado. but i do see how DK can easily **** mk with down b as he bounces off the walls.
don't even bother with down b unless its tech chase(aka already hit the ground)

yes tornado does **** DK but honestly I don't care how much they use it against me. because most of the time I can survive past 220% and still kill them around 160%

in the midwest chapionship I beat domo (a MK who is very, very good) on this level because he could not kill me even though I was at 312%. I baird him at 180% on the last stock of game 3 and won and then beat NOJ there (2 stocked) and came out at 5th

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
don't even bother with down b unless its tech chase(aka already hit the ground)

yes tornado does **** DK but honestly I don't care how much they use it against me. because most of the time I can survive past 220% and still kill them around 160%

in the midwest chapionship I beat domo (a MK who is very, very good) on this level because he could not kill me even though I was at 312%. I baird him at 180% on the last stock of game 3 and won and then beat NOJ there (2 stocked) and came out at 5th
augh. Domo beat me in pools of an OK tourney.

needless to say, i was a sad panda.
so thanks rip, for bringing the DKarma back to him lol

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I dont know or remember if the DK boards have done this, but i think we should make a DK stage thread. You know, what stages to pick and what stages to ban. Also against what characters work on what stages and so fourth.

i1337

Smash Ace
lol, i always cp japes against snakes because i lose to them 75% of the time on brinstar <_<

also, have u mentioned the absolute **** bair slide you can do on this stage? (lol bair slide thing > fsmash=epic ko)

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
i cp james on a ROB yesterday at a tourny and ***** him so bad, 3 stocked him. fair him down at 78% and he dies instantly. i cargo dthrow under the right platform, as he tries to grab the ledge i sh dair him into water, he tries to recover but fails and dies at 5x% and then the last one i roll behind him as he shoots his fully charged lazer and side B to DK paunch. truly epic and i think its a really bad stage for ROB, idk if his recovery is too slow but he had a lot of trouble getting out of the water.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
i cp james on a ROB yesterday at a tourny and ***** him so bad, 3 stocked him. fair him down at 78% and he dies instantly. i cargo dthrow under the right platform, as he tries to grab the ledge i sh dair him into water, he tries to recover but fails and dies at 5x% and then the last one i roll behind him as he shoots his fully charged lazer and side B to DK paunch. truly epic and i think its a really bad stage for ROB, idk if his recovery is too slow but he had a lot of trouble getting out of the water.
lol

cant rob camp you to death on japes?

xD
You played a bad ROB. i1337 is right he can camp you really hard and ROB should never die from the water, and its not safe to edgegaurd him as DK he has a good chance at gimping you.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
What about Bowser? his F air, U air, B air, F tilt, D tilt, U tilt, Down B, Side B, Up B, D smash, U smash, F smash, dash attack and jabs all kill on brinstar and most of these moves have similar startup speed to DK's except for U air and F smash which both take longer and F air, Side B, Up B, dash attack and jabs which don't take as long. Also, in competitive play a bowsercide usually means a win for Bowser. As for the platform thing, Bowser's U tilt is nearly as strong as DK's U smash but a lot faster, it has the same effect on those who shield while on platforms and it leads into a Bowser F tilt which can kill on this stage.

Also, with Brinstar you may find yourself closer to your enemy than you want to be as DK, however Bowser can instantly get people off of him with up B as well as his jabs which are superior.

I'd say life is easier for Bowser on brinstar

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
nice sumary darknid. Only prob i see for bowser, which is sadly important, is his lack of recovery options on this ackward-edged stage.

So i guess we could say DK's fav levels are: Mansion, Brinstar, Japes, Pictochat, Battlefield (depending on the player, oponent's character, etc)

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
What about Bowser? his F air, U air, B air, F tilt, D tilt, U tilt, Down B, Side B, Up B, D smash, U smash, F smash, dash attack and jabs all kill on brinstar and most of these moves have similar startup speed to DK's except for U air and F smash which both take longer and F air, Side B, Up B, dash attack and jabs which don't take as long. Also, in competitive play a bowsercide usually means a win for Bowser. As for the platform thing, Bowser's U tilt is nearly as strong as DK's U smash but a lot faster, it has the same effect on those who shield while on platforms and it leads into a Bowser F tilt which can kill on this stage.

Also, with Brinstar you may find yourself closer to your enemy than you want to be as DK, however Bowser can instantly get people off of him with up B as well as his jabs which are superior.

I'd say life is easier for Bowser on brinstar
Honestly, I've never had to CP against a bowser. DK does better than bowser on all the neutrals imo and bowser is really easy to gimp with low cargo throws or bair walls. I also find it easy to juggle Bowser and reverse utilts can get it started pretty easily and you have a solid 50% combo once you get him caught. Bowser suffers from lack of range so proper spacing and use of SA will give you the win, pretty simple matchup.

On the topic of brinstar, its going to be all about stage control, if you can keep center stage its going to be hard for bowser to get the kills and if you can use spinning kong to keep him offstage you will get more chances to attempt some spikes or just general edgeguard gimping. If you can put bowser far offstage then fair heavy armor can keep through the hits on fortress, except the first one, and i doubt the Bowser player will be expecting it.

You are correct though, brinstar won't be your best choice but i wouldn't say its bowser's advantage either. If you are CP'ing go to japes.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I've never had to CP against a bowser. DK does better than bowser on all the neutrals imo and bowser is really easy to gimp with low cargo throws or bair walls. I also find it easy to juggle Bowser and reverse utilts can get it started pretty easily and you have a solid 50% combo once you get him caught. Bowser suffers from lack of range so proper spacing and use of SA will give you the win, pretty simple matchup.

On the topic of brinstar, its going to be all about stage control, if you can keep center stage its going to be hard for bowser to get the kills and if you can use spinning kong to keep him offstage you will get more chances to attempt some spikes or just general edgeguard gimping. If you can put bowser far offstage then fair heavy armor can keep through the hits on fortress, except the first one, and i doubt the Bowser player will be expecting it.

You are correct though, brinstar won't be your best choice but i wouldn't say its bowser's advantage either. If you are CP'ing go to japes.
I actually wasn't talking about the bowser vs dk matchup on brinstar or anywhere else.

crifer

Smash Lord
Summary:

luigis mansion+DK= broken; pick it!
when mansion is banned= jungle japes
Characters who camp w/ projectiles= brinstar (except maybe snake)

End

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
pictochat is awesome
you can use downb during certain transformations to restrict your opponents movement, or to hit them into the damaging stage changes.

when the vertical spikes come out, then its downb's time to shine

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Wait wait who's the best DK on AIB??? I'm the best DK on Aib active on Aib and West Coast. Can't judge against Bum so I can't say.

Top Bottom