• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
So. I was looking for stage spawn points and found them at in ModelData[100] > StagePosition > Bones > Rebirth*#/Player*#.

Then I thought the X,Y,Z coordinates were in the translation tab.

I modified it and then tested it on a SSE stage( the third stage AA did)and I successfully fixed the spawn points.

This means you can easily mod blast zones, entry points, revival platform points, and camera limits.

Thanks Brawlbox.

Spread the word!
You fixed the spawn points for smash skiff so the pokemon don't T-pose anymore? Download link please? I mostly want to compare what you did to the original to see how it works a bit.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
We still need a way to figure out how StagePosition interprets platforms and walls. Some SSE stages don't have StagePosition.

And god dammit, I want the Rayquaza stage to work for my results screen. >:3

Elwood

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm trying to edit info_en.pac and mu_menumain_en.pac to change the song names. I change them fine in info_en, it compresses, everything's the same size. I exported MiscData[140], opened up mu_menumain_en, and replaced MiscData[7] with it - they're both just listings of the song names, so it should work (and the topic on changing song names in BrawlBox mentions doing this as well). However, when I save mu_menumain_en, one of two things happens:

1. I get an error and it doesn't save. The error is as follows:
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Rebuild(Boolean force)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Merge(Boolean forceBuild)
at BrawlBox.GenericWrapper.Export()
at BrawlBox.Program.SaveAs()
at BrawlBox.MainForm.saveAsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If I hit continue after this exception, the program keeps running, but when I try to save again, it saves without compressing the file.

2. If I don't get an error, the 'converting...' text box pops up and it saves. But, despite this, the file is not compressed - it's some 10,000 KB, when the compressed file should be around 4,000 KB.

I'm using Vista. What am I doing wrong here?

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
So, I'm trying to edit info_en.pac and mu_menumain_en.pac to change the song names. I change them fine in info_en, it compresses, everything's the same size. I exported MiscData[140], opened up mu_menumain_en, and replaced MiscData[7] with it - they're both just listings of the song names, so it should work (and the topic on changing song names in BrawlBox mentions doing this as well). However, when I save mu_menumain_en, one of two things happens:

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Rebuild(Boolean force)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Merge(Boolean forceBuild)
at BrawlBox.GenericWrapper.Export()
at BrawlBox.Program.SaveAs()
at BrawlBox.MainForm.saveAsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If I hit continue after this exception, the program keeps running, but when I try to save again, it saves without compressing the file.

2. If I don't get an error, the 'converting...' text box pops up and it saves. But, despite this, the file is not compressed - it's some 10,000 KB, when the compressed file should be around 4,000 KB.

You just solved your problem LOL

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hmm, is there a way to change the portrait of the blank stages? I'm pretty sure there isn't a way right now but I just wanted to have to know for sure.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to ask, but where exactly can I find the external graphic effects textures? Like, if I wanted to change the colour of Sonic's spin or Link's spin attack, what would I change.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
My questions never get answered in the Official Code Q&A thread and it is to do with BrawlBox... so copy-pasta!

I'm trying to find the character images from classic mode from before the matches start. The first match is Zelda themed so you might have a match vs Link and Sheik with Ganondorf as an ally. In that case it would show large, full images of Link and Sheik with a smaller full image of Ganon off to the side. The images are the same as the character select portraits but they are not cropped and are much larger. I've opened so many files with BrawlBox and looked through the textures and I just cannot find them. Anyone know where they are?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
My questions never get answered in the Official Code Q&A thread and it is to do with BrawlBox... so copy-pasta!

I'm trying to find the character images from classic mode from before the matches start. The first match is Zelda themed so you might have a match vs Link and Sheik with Ganondorf as an ally. In that case it would show large, full images of Link and Sheik with a smaller full image of Ganon off to the side. The images are the same as the character select portraits but they are not cropped and are much larger. I've opened so many files with BrawlBox and looked through the textures and I just cannot find them. Anyone know where they are?
How about these?

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
They are in FitCharacter.pacs.
Yeah, I know that. It's just that in those files the texture appears as black and white. No colours. We can't change the colour. So, is the colour located somewhere. Is it possible at all to change the colour of Sonic's spin or Link's spin attack?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I don't know how to make this sound less demanding, but I'm really trying to not do sound so:
When can we expect to get editing of all variable strings? Such as:

It'd be quite handy not having to attempt to hex it. And even if one hex's the exact file after extracting it, when you try and import it back into Brawlbox, you get "Attempted to read or write protected memory."

Kryal

Smash Ace

<>

I've tried following those steps exactly, but I don't get any errors. I'll keep an eye out.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I don't know how to make this sound less demanding, but I'm really trying to not do sound so:
When can we expect to get editing of all variable strings? Such as:

It'd be quite handy not having to attempt to hex it. And even if one hex's the exact file after extracting it, when you try and import it back into Brawlbox, you get "Attempted to read or write protected memory."
Haha, when I get around to wrapping those file types. I may get into the other animation/scene files soon, they aren't very difficult. I would also prefer to have a decent editor for a few of them, like the CLR0 files.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Haha, when I get around to wrapping those file types. I may get into the other animation/scene files soon, they aren't very difficult. I would also prefer to have a decent editor for a few of them, like the CLR0 files.
Alright. Cool, thanks. :)

We managed it anyways, fortunately. :laugh:

Kryal

Smash Ace
For those of you who don't already know, here's a warning:

Don't upset the captain!

Expect a release before turkey day.

Sparke

Smash Rookie
How do i change the CSP files :/ thats ALL i want to know i can't seem to find help anywhere

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
NO NOT THE MIDDLE FINGER.

What is deadlier from Captain Falcon, being punched outright or poked by his middle finger?

For me, I find the PLAY button and the Bones most interesting. That's where magic comes to life. :)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Oh S***, I just saw the play button!

BTW, what's going on with the captain's waist in the picture?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Kryal, in my eyes you rank higher than PhantomWings. If you don't mind me asking, what method did you end up using?
I made the resource nodes themselves handle the model rendering. Each frame, the program tells the model to attach an animation with a frame. This allows each primitive to weight and pre-multiply vertices and normals. Then, during the render phase the primitives just throw a bunch of data pointers at OpenGL. The rendering is a little faster than the old method, even though there's more calculation between frames.

The program will also automatically load textures stored within the same file. If a texture isn't found, it will also search within the same folder. It can handle multiple texture coordinates/layers now, so Samus renders properly.

To edit an animation you would open the model, load an external file with the animations (FitMotion), pick an animation from the list and step through the frames (or 'play' them). Select a bone you want to change (they can be viewed separately from polygons and will highlight when selected), and use the Trans/Rot/Scale to modify the frames. When you're done editing, just use the save button to apply changes to the external file (not the model itself). You can go back and forth between frames, so its real easy to see the effects of the transformation values. The model view updates when a value is changed.

You can also load other characters' animations for kicks.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Oh S***, I just saw the play button!

BTW, what's going on with the captain's waist in the picture?
Yes, animations can be played through in sequence and looped. It wouldn't be much use without ;).

I noticed that as well, but I think it's just the angle. His waist would be facing the camera in-game and not sideways.

this is amazing! is this an animation viewer? btw thats my new desktop
Animation preview and editor, yes. No need to use the old editor, because you can do it right in the model window.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I made the resource nodes themselves handle the model rendering. Each frame, the program tells the model to attach an animation with a frame. This allows each primitive to weight and pre-multiply vertices and normals. Then, during the render phase the primitives just throw a bunch of data pointers at OpenGL. The rendering is a little faster than the old method, even though there's more calculation between frames.

The program will also automatically load textures stored within the same file. If a texture isn't found, it will also search within the same folder. It can handle multiple texture coordinates/layers now, so Samus renders properly.

To edit an animation you would open the model, load an external file with the animations (FitMotion), pick an animation from the list and step through the frames (or 'play' them). Select a bone you want to change (they can be viewed separately from polygons and will highlight when selected), and use the Trans/Rot/Scale to modify the frames. When you're done editing, just use the save button to apply changes to the external file (not the model itself). You can go back and forth between frames, so its real easy to see the effects of the transformation values. The model view updates when a value is changed.

You can also load other characters' animations for kicks.
I want to personally thank you for all the work you've put into BrawlBox. Its a great program. Nice job.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
With this post, we bring the post count to 997 posts. We need to START THE COUNTDOWN TO 1000 POSTS. Congradulations Kryal for creating a thread that surpasses the 1000 milestone.

3!

2!

1!

Not yet.

Kryal, will the animation editor be changed so that key-framing is possible? (wrong word maybe?) It would be very tiresome to type in numbers every time, so can we type a number at a starting point, type a number at te end point, and all the frames in the middle will smoothly move each joint to the last frame edited? You don't have to though: this is amazing enough and we enthusiasts need to get off our butts for animation editing anyways,

Seeing Falcon posed like is giving me ideas. I think we can use the animation editor for more then just animation editing. A couple ideas I have are machinima without Wii (seems kinda pointless) and posing for pictures. We could finally make consistent CSPs without the character shifting poses every time! (Assuming we can control the camera finely or that it boots up at the same position every time)

To prove my point of the uses of animation editor for posing, here's a good picture, enlargened to get the message in your head:

Let that be a lesson well learned.

Kryal

Smash Ace
It creates/deletes keyframes as the values are changed. Other frames are interpolated linearly (the game does this automatically).

Ex:
If frame #1 = 10 and frame #5 = 50 Then
#2 = 20, #3 = 30, #4 = 40

And yes, I suppose you COULD use it to make CSPs.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I <3 pleh buttan. BFFs. #999 get.

This program becomes so much more amazing with each update! Seriously, each time it's updated it becomes the new best thing ever!

Edit: ONO 1000 get sorry! :(

Top Bottom