• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Kryal

Smash Ace
For anyone who's interested in seeing the animation, here's the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n4zgjzwjzey

Just put it in your fighter\captain folder. It's the Wait2 animation, so it kind of random. If you stand around for a while and it'll eventually play. I know, it's not much but hey...

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
the last few BrawlBox versions would allow me to rite click a pac/pcs and have them set to open with BrawlBox once double clicked, now i have to open BrawlBox .59 and search for the pac/pcs files.

could you make the BrawlBox.exe compatible with this feature again? please.

it was so much easyier to double click the pac/pcs i was working on and it would just open in BrawlBox, instead of now navigating to a new pac/pcs every time.

thanx great work !

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
For those of you who don't already know, here's a warning:

Don't upset the captain!

*image*

Expect a release before turkey day.
Ooh, obscene, obscene.

Glad to know that animation previewing's turning out nicely. Can't wait for the update. :3

Can't you do that already from the newest version, using Tools > Settings? Works for me.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I haven't tested that animation in my game yet so I don't know exactly how it looks, but I feel like I want to PSA it into a taunt if it will work.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
the last few BrawlBox versions would allow me to rite click a pac/pcs and have them set to open with BrawlBox once double clicked, now i have to open BrawlBox .59 and search for the pac/pcs files.

it was so much easyier to double click the pac/pcs i was working on and it would just open in BrawlBox, instead of now navigating to a new pac/pcs every time.

thanx great work !
Right click on the pac > open with... > (check always open with this program) BrawlBox

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal

thanx great work !
EDIT: Oops, I didn't see that AMKalmar answered it.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Can't you do that already from the newest version, using Tools > Settings? Works for me.
thank you
infact you are very correct, after useing the tools option in brawlbox.59, then assigning the files to 'open with', it worked for me. i cant believe i missed the setting in tools..thanks again.

Right click on the pac > open with... > (check always open with this program) BrawlBox
EDIT: Oops, I didn't see that AMKalmar answered it.
hahahahahahahaha did you even read my post, i said the other versions work like that but,

thats what im saying doesn't work with this version!

maybe because i never deleted the older versions, but who cares as RandomTBush has the answer

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Kryal, I have some ideas.

A few that I have implemented.
Heres things that I have hacked into BrawlBox but need to clean up before I can submit a patch
1) Semi-accurate display of respawn/item/death boundaries onto stage model display.
2) Display of file offsets for each node in a file.(For dem hexers)

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
This... is amazing... XD

Great work, I can't believe this was implemented so quickly!
I'm going to have fun with this thing. Can't wait for the next version. :grin:

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Textures with a period in the name don't export properly. For example, FitNess_Eye.00 will be saved as a "00 File". That's the file type... If I remove the period when I save it, it will save just fine (png or tga or whatever).

Just found that if I manually add ".png" at the end then it will save properly. It just ignores what I select from the drop down menu if ".[filetype]" is on the end of the file name.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Textures with a period in the name don't export properly. For example, FitNess_Eye.00 will be saved as a "00 File". That's the file type... If I remove the period when I save it, it will save just fine (png or tga or whatever).

Just found that if I manually add ".png" at the end then it will save properly. It just ignores what I select from the drop down menu if ".[filetype]" is on the end of the file name.
same here. found it odd, but is it a problem on my (our) end?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Kryal, I have some ideas.

A few that I have implemented.
Heres things that I have hacked into BrawlBox but need to clean up before I can submit a patch
1) Semi-accurate display of respawn/item/death boundaries onto stage model display.
From what I've seen, you can already do this in the new model editor. The 'stagePosition' models hold item/spawn locations. As for boundaries I don't know.

2) Display of file offsets for each node in a file.(For dem hexers)
I suppose, but couldn't you just export the file, edit and import? When the project is done a person shouldn't HAVE to hex edit. But yeah, it would take 5 seconds to put it in.

If you have code to contribute, please send it to me in a PM. I would rather have features integrated into the library rather than patches.

Kryal

Smash Ace

That's just how the framework adds file extensions. It thinks you've already supplied one because of the period, and it doesn't want to second-guess you.

Kryal

Smash Ace
why can't you make this for mac?
It's harder to develop for mac because there's practically no development tools/documentation. The only way this program will work is with Mono and X11. But even then, I'd have to implement native calls for OSX (without documentation mind you).

So, until I can wrap file mapping and OpenGL for OSX...

Untouch

Smash Master
From what I've seen, you can already do this in the new model editor. The 'stagePosition' models hold item/spawn locations. As for boundaries I don't know.
I think he means a graphical representation showing where they are.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Umm... where's this play button I keep hearing about? The animations are stored in the FitChar pacs, right? I can see the keyframes, but I see no representation like the good Captain flipping me off. Is that even in this version?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Umm... where's this play button I keep hearing about? The animations are stored in the FitChar pacs, right? I can see the keyframes, but I see no representation like the good Captain flipping me off. Is that even in this version?
No no no, he hasn't released that version yet. That is the next version. And if you are wondering where to look for the Play Button when it does come out, look through the last couple of pages.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Yes. They're bones in the model, which you can view in the next release.
What all do you need to do to brawlbox to be able to use trophy mdl0s without the game freezing?
I wanna play as Ancient Minister ASAP. :D

Richdog567

Smash Cadet
Its almost Thanksgiving!!! Which means the next version is coming out soon!!!! Yay, I cant wait to make custom animations!!!

Richdog567

Smash Cadet
I have all of the Fit(Char)MotionEtc.Pac files, but I need to know if it is legal to upload them?
The sooner I am answered, the sooner they will be uploaded (if legal)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I have all of the Fit(Char)MotionEtc.Pac files, but I need to know if it is legal to upload them?
The sooner I am answered, the sooner they will be uploaded (if legal)
Someone already did that. They actually uploaded every Brawl file already.

Richdog567

Smash Cadet
Someone already did that. They actually uploaded every Brawl file already.
Yes, I know, that's actually where I got them from.
The difference is that it takes a while to get every single Fit(Char)Motion.Pac file and download them.
I have them all in one folder, easy to edit and use!
Oh well, im not gonna upload anyway...
EDIT: I gave up on uploading

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Yes, I know, that's actually where I got them from.
The difference is that it takes a while to get every single Fit(Char)Motion.Pac file and download them.
I have them all in one folder, easy to edit and use!
Oh well, im uploading now, and im assuming its legal
As long as you don't promote ISO hacking I think.

Top Bottom