• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I have all of the Fit(Char)MotionEtc.Pac files, but I need to know if it is legal to upload them?
The sooner I am answered, the sooner they will be uploaded (if legal)
Yes, I know, that's actually where I got them from.
The difference is that it takes a while to get every single Fit(Char)Motion.Pac file and download them.
I have them all in one folder, easy to edit and use!
Oh well, im uploading now, and im assuming its legal
Many, MANY people have done that, including the person pokelover is talking about. Just take a look at my signature (Character_Effects). We don't really need any more. And yes, I'm pretty sure its legal. The person that uploaded all the files made sure of that. (Read the disclaimer on his thread.) Although, uploading the whole ISO is VERY illegal.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hey Kryal, have you encountered any glitches in the animation previewer so far?
Hmm, nope. I had glitches when I was trying to get the skinning to work, but not anymore. There was also a bug in the CHR0 decoder, but that's been fixed. I think most of the compatibility problems should be fixed now too.

As for in-game, there have been a few reported problems, but it could be due to the decoder bug.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm having an issue with making textures with BrawlBox, I hope this is the right place to ask.

I'm trying to turn DK into Beast from the X Men, and here's his BrawlBox preview:
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/PNDMike/Textures by PND/Beast DK/Shouldlooklikethis.jpg

The colors look okay, looks pretty much like what I was shooting for. But when I put it in the game. . .
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/PNDMike/Textures by PND/Beast DK/WTFZOMBIE.jpg

To make this (As opposed to the ASH method) I opened the default PAC for DK (his normal costume in vBrawl) and replaced every texture file with the new one I created in Gimp. I tried indexing every file to the ASH standards (160 foot, 255 everything else. . . so I indexed to 150 and 250 everything else) and it still looks zombified. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

If this is the wrong place to ask, I'll glady edit-delete this.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
As long as you don't promote ISO hacking I think.
hahaha

having nintendo's intelectual property on your sd card is illegal.

so both iso hacking or SD hacking is illegal

note the term .iso 'hacking'
and SD 'hacking'

we dont have permission to alter their intelectual property, or to upload , download and distribute the meterial.

copy in whole or in part of copyrighted material is illegal.

we just try to justify it in many ways
(as we all live in a grey world , not just black and white).
its all the same, iso or sd
its not the purpose nintendo had ...for their disk to be dismantled and copied then distributed.

hahaha nice try though ThatGuyYouMightKnow but way off

Kryal

Smash Ace
It's up! Controls have changed, so read the tutorial on the top page. Good night, and see you next week!

Kryal

Smash Ace
I'm having an issue with making textures with BrawlBox, I hope this is the right place to ask.

I'm trying to turn DK into Beast from the X Men, and here's his BrawlBox preview:
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/PNDMike/Textures by PND/Beast DK/Shouldlooklikethis.jpg

The colors look okay, looks pretty much like what I was shooting for. But when I put it in the game. . .
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/PNDMike/Textures by PND/Beast DK/WTFZOMBIE.jpg

To make this (As opposed to the ASH method) I opened the default PAC for DK (his normal costume in vBrawl) and replaced every texture file with the new one I created in Gimp. I tried indexing every file to the ASH standards (160 foot, 255 everything else. . . so I indexed to 150 and 250 everything else) and it still looks zombified. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

If this is the wrong place to ask, I'll glady edit-delete this.
I've seen that with DK before, and the only thing I can think of at the moment is the palette color ordering. You can try indexing the image before importing it into BBox. I'll look into it.

PND

Smash Champion
I've seen that with DK before, and the only thing I can think of at the moment is the palette color ordering. You can try indexing the image before importing it into BBox. I'll look into it.
Yeah, I've tried a couple times to re-index them or make custom colormapped palettes for it.Thanks for looking into this. :)

Think the new release might help?

PND

Smash Champion
Hhm. Whenever I preview a model it zooms in super far to their feet. Is that normal? Also, whenever I close the preview BrawlBox crashes. I tested it on Captain, Marth, and DK and I'm 3 for 3 on crashes.

-_-

EDIT: Diddy and Toon Link make it 5 out of 5. Also, using the arrow keys pan the camera, how do you rotate the camera? Thanks.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Yesssss! This is awesome. Very very nice job Kryal!

Pointless nitpicks: left mouse click to pan/rotate was nicer, though there could be some reason that's not how it is now. Also, it was nicer when rotate moved the model rather than the camera. Again, there are undoubtedly reasons this was changed, but it is awkward.

I feel bad making those comments immediately after this amazing release; please don't think I don't find this to be anything but incredimazing. Now I just have to decide how to put this new awesome power to use!

EDIT: I too get errors after closing the animation viewer, but pressing Continue allows me to keep using the progrum without problems.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
OK. BTW how do I get to the advanced animation editor? I got there before but I closed BBox to disable Aero, and now I don't remember how I got there XD

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Kryal has instructions at the first page, but here's a quick and dirty rendition of his instructions:

Open your pcs. file of chosen character.
Expand till you find model.
'Preview it.' (CRTL-P?)
When you get into the preview window, open up the right side bar, click load, and look for your MotionEtc.pac.

Hope I got this right.

And Kryal, your implementation of interpolating keyframes is awesome. Works perfect for me. :)

Sails

Smash Ace
OK. BTW how do I get to the advanced animation editor? I got there before but I closed BBox to disable Aero, and now I don't remember how I got there XD
I'm pretty sure this was already discussed, you need to hit Alt+Shift+PrintScreen and then Enter very fast.

Actually I don't know either D:

PND

Smash Champion
I've been messing around with the Animation -- Between Little Mac's model and Saki's animations it looks like he might be a potential character. I'll probably toss in some Captain Falcon and see if I can't make a fit.

Pro tip, don't try and put Goroh's moves on Lyn's model.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Don't put Captain Falcon's moves on Ivysaur's model.

That was way scarier than Pikadorf or any other move/model swap I've ever seen.

PND

Smash Champion
Waluigi and Samus (animations) is perfect. Like, holy **** it's perfect. Just change up some of Samus spinny jumps with Waluigis original stuff.

EDIT: He even does the Samus spike with his Tennis racket.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
I am, once again, confused by the recent developments. What exactly does this enable for animations, creation of custom ones?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Waluigi and Samus (animations) is perfect. Like, holy **** it's perfect. Just change up some of Samus spinny jumps with Waluigis original stuff.

EDIT: He even does the Samus spike with his Tennis racket.
Speaking of Waluigi, it would be a good time to bump that Waluigi Project.

PND

Smash Champion
Oh, and Waluigi also works **** near perfectly with Ike and Marth.

Waluigi is totally possible. This is awesome.

EDIT: Is there a link to grab all the Fit____Motion files? I have about half of them collected.

EDIT2: So I'm still wrapping my head around the implications of this. To make sure I'm not getting ahead of myself, this means we can mix and match animations from different playable characters and assign them to AT's to make them playable, right? Provided of course we find a character with a similar enough bone structure to paste them over.

If so, wow. I'd love to get on this. I'll definitely help out on the Little Mac, Stafy, and Waluigi projects. I'd be interested in helping out with Lyn, Kat & Ana, and Jeff. Any others I'll help with, but those are the ones I'm interested in the most.

EDIT 3: It still crashes whenever I exit the preview. Anyone else getting this error?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I'm pretty sure this was already discussed, you need to hit Alt+Shift+PrintScreen and then Enter very fast.

Actually I don't know either D:

I figured it out. Here's what you do.

Open a PCS/PAC of a costume, these contain model data as well.

Go to ModelData[0]
Go to 3DModels

Right click on whatever pops up, go to preview.

IF YOU NEED TO, SCROLL WHEEL OUT SO THAT YOU DON'T HAVE A CROTCH SHOT STARING AT YOU.

At the top right, click load, go navigate to your fitmotionetc.pac, open it, and there you go!

Top Bottom