• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
It might. I have'nt really checked. On the NTSC-U Brawl ISO, where are the VC Game files themselves stored? Or can someone upload them?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
btw Kryal, i dont know if you got my PM, that version you sent me allows me to look at models! :D do I still need the txt files that came with the original 0.59? (Brawlbox.txt and BrawlLib.txt)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
If anyone would be so kind to help me figure out how to use BB to edit common pac 3?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How do you edit palettes?
There's really no need, because the program creates them automatically from an image. Although, I can see how this would be useful.
You must use Photoshop or Gimp and go to Image>Mode>Indexed Color and make Palette Local Perceptual and change Colors to the number it gives you. I don't think you need to do this unless you use the ASH method though...
Some textures do have unused palettes. You can delete the unused palettes, and the textures would still work. However, deleting palettes that are being used would mean problems for the texture.

Remember that ONLY the textures named tex#00_08+0, tex#00_08+1, tex#00_08+2, tex#00_09+0, tex#00_09+1, and tex#00_09+2, use palettes.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Isn't it on the NTSC-J disc?
Sorry that this is a late reply to a slightly old reply, but it's on the NTSC-U disc. I just checked (I have the NTSC-U Files) and found it at the very bottom. For those wondering what folder it's under, it's under this structure:
Menu-->msg-->vc_trial_en.msbin

Kryal

Smash Ace
btw Kryal, i dont know if you got my PM, that version you sent me allows me to look at models! :D do I still need the txt files that came with the original 0.59? (Brawlbox.txt and BrawlLib.txt)
Nah, those are just readmes. They don't do anything special.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Just open it up like any other pac. Don't bother with SSBBarc or anything, BB is too cool for that.
But when I am finished replacing the items such as Snake's Grenade with The Conduit texture of it, it doesn't show up in the game. It is in the folder "item" and the Common Pac file is named common3.pac.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
But when I am finished replacing the items such as Snake's Grenade with The Conduit texture of it, it doesn't show up in the game. It is in the folder "item" and the Common Pac file is named common3.pac.
Weird, did you try editing normal items like the green shell? It could just be that it's in the wrong folder. I myself have never tried this, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work fine.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Weird, did you try editing normal items like the green shell? It could just be that it's in the wrong folder. I myself have never tried this, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work fine.
Well, I never did edit the items myself, I used ones that were already made such as Snake's Box or the Grenades, I'm still new to BB so maybe I probably misplaced it but thanks for the help.

I would like to remind everybody who attempts to edit mu_menumain.pac's music list manually to remember to compress Brawlbox's saved file afterward, as it seems to leave it uncompressed after saving. The script for compression is as follows:

ntcompress -l -o <output file> -A4 <input file> (without the <>)

I suggest hitting Shift-RightMouseButton to open a command box in your current working window.

I couldn't figure out the songs.db approach, so I simply opened up info.pac in a seperate Brawlbox window and copy/pasted the titles one at a time. Not more than 5 minutes worth of work. :)
For those of you who want custom music names in my music, you have to place mu_menumain.pac in:

app/RSBE/pfmenu2

Kryal

Smash Ace
I would like to remind everybody who attempts to edit mu_menumain.pac's music list manually to remember to compress Brawlbox's saved file afterward, as it seems to leave it uncompressed after saving. The script for compression is as follows:

ntcompress -l -o <output file> -A4 <input file> (without the <>)

I suggest hitting Shift-RightMouseButton to open a command box in your current working window.

I couldn't figure out the songs.db approach, so I simply opened up info.pac in a seperate Brawlbox window and copy/pasted the titles one at a time. Not more than 5 minutes worth of work. :)
For those of you who want custom music names in my music, you have to place mu_menumain.pac in:

app/RSBE/pfmenu2
BBox changes the compression depending on how you save it. If you save the file as a PAC using Save-As, it will save uncompressed. You have to select 'Compressed PAC' from the Save-As menu.

When using a straight save you shouldn't have to do anything. The program will use the compression selected in the 'Compression' property for the top node. No need to use an external program.

Kryal

Smash Ace
There are some character-specific items in Common3, and they SHOULD work when replacing. These can also be found in the character files themselves.

Some tips:

Make sure you remove the '_en' from the file name when using the SD loader.
Open the file up on the SD card and check the 'compression' property. Common2 and Common3 need to be set to LZ77, even though they're .pac files. (you would know if this was the case though because the game would freeze)

BBox changes the compression depending on how you save it. If you save the file as a PAC using Save-As, it will save uncompressed. You have to select 'Compressed PAC' from the Save-As menu.

When using a straight save you shouldn't have to do anything. The program will use the compression selected in the 'Compression' property for the top node. No need to use an external program.
Thanks for the clarification, I did indeed save to another location.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
I think you have to put that common3.pac file in the folder called "system", not "item". That could be the problem.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I have one suggestion. Can you add some more file types to export textures? I just got this Program which is an exactly copy of Pain in Windows 7. Only i dont have Windows 7. It only uses .PIC and .PICT files so can you add those?

Kryal

Smash Ace
I have one suggestion. Can you add some more file types to export textures? I just got this Program which is an exactly copy of Pain in Windows 7. Only i dont have Windows 7. It only uses .PIC and .PICT files so can you add those?
From what I can tell PICT is a vector graphics format, not bitmap. There are plenty of free programs (like Paint .Net and GIMP) that allow you to use all the other formats with professional tools. The recommended file formats for use with ANY image manipulation are PNG, TGA, or TIFF. They're the only ones that handle transparency properly.

Untouch

Smash Master
Some .brres files don't load, why is that?

And are we ever going to be able to edit .rels? I have a feeling that's how characters load.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
UUUUnnnnnnnngggghhh........ Nooooooooooo How about exporting Models to other formats?

And .THP replacing/editing. .thp files are videos.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Yeah it does. When your on the main menu the bg is white. When you click the Single player menu it goes Yellow (or lime, i cant remmeber), so yeah.

Has anyone tried opening one with Tile molester?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm currently editing the title screen and exporting any of the textures for the letters in "Super Smash Bros." distorts how they look. Either as png. or tga.

Even if I don't edit the texture, when putting it back in, Brawlbox previews the distorted texture as is.

Example:
I export the word "Brawl" as a tga. The picture is just a color with no words, so I edit that and put it back in brawlbox. Doing this, I can recolor the word "Brawl" and Bbox shows that I've done it correctly.

Now I export the letter "M" in the word "Smash". The tga/png shows no transpearancy and the white space is filled with the same color as the letter itself. Trying to put it back in with brawlbox shows me just that.

Any help or is it just the previewer?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a download for the .brres files for the characters? Can't rip them myself, and the search function doesn't work for me (dunno why).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Kryal

Smash Ace
Some .brres files don't load, why is that?

And are we ever going to be able to edit .rels? I have a feeling that's how characters load.
Which file would that be?

REL files are code modules. They can't be SD loaded, and the only way to modify them is with codes or ISO creation.

Top Bottom