• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Kryal, I know you were wondering awhile back how to implement the animation viewer, and I'm not sure if you're still wondering, but you could, (I don't know much about program creation, etc, so this might not work) have it search for the texture file in the same directory. (i.e. if you were making an animation for Mario, the previewer could search for FitMario##.pac in the same directory as the FitMarioMotionEtc.pac and use those two to preview the animation.) Just a suggestion...

Bionate

Smash Cadet
one of those guys you see jumping over stuff
THIS IS SPARTA! uhm well it might as well be thats the level of awesomeness here btw can you guys upload that shadow thing its simply amazing! and would it be possible to make metal sonic? at least the spike pattern for it? knux? i gotta try this!

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Kryal, I know you were wondering awhile back how to implement the animation viewer, and I'm not sure if you're still wondering, but you could, (I don't know much about program creation, etc, so this might not work) have it search for the texture file in the same directory. (i.e. if you were making an animation for Mario, the previewer could search for FitMario##.pac in the same directory as the FitMarioMotionEtc.pac and use those two to preview the animation.) Just a suggestion...
The problem with this is that you might be working on a project, so you named it something different than the default naming. The program won't be able to pick the right file... So maybe the program could ask you where the model is? Or you could just deal with it and make a copy of the model pac and name it according to your project :p...

Also about the bone viewing, great to know that's coming up!

EDIT:
THIS IS SPARTA! uhm well it might as well be thats the level of awesomeness here btw can you guys upload that shadow thing its simply amazing! and would it be possible to make metal sonic? at least the spike pattern for it? knux? i gotta try this!
I'm not sure if I can upload the Shadow thing or not?... But as for Metal Sonic and Knuckles, I suppose it's possible, but it may look rather ugly.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
The problem with this is that you might be working on a project, so you named it something different than the default naming. The program won't be able to pick the right file... So maybe the program could ask you where the model is? Or you could just deal with it and make a copy of the model pac and name it according to your project :p...
So, it is possible. And it's not very hard to rename it, so that isn't too much of a problem.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Good idea. I was planning on implementing something like this eventually. That way you can edit/view a model without it having to be in an archive. You could also change the texture names and load new ones dynamically.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Kryal, I hate to hassle you, but do you have any suggestions for someone seeking to make his computer able to view models with BrawlBox? My video card works with/I have OpenGL 1.4, so I'm not sure what is awry with my system. I use Vista, and have the latest .NET.
no, Brawl Scape still (and always had) works fine, but the brawl box model viewer has never worked...
I have an inkling, just a smidge. I ran across something like this YEARS ago when I first started working with OpenGL. If it is what I think it is, I'm going to feel like a complete fool. Strange thing is, it's a quirk that only a handful of hardware has. I've run the program on about four machines and they all work...

I've sent both of you a link to a test file, which will hopefully ease your woes.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
@Kryal actually i found out that you can load stuff from the Menu2 folder. Private/APP/RSBE/Pfmenu2

And how would i make stuff bigger when editing animations? I wanna make Sonic The Werehog. :p

Kryal

Smash Ace
Kryal, will you make an ability to edit the .rel files in the future?
Oh my. You would have to decompile them and use codes. Unless there's a way to SD-load them? We could use it to modify menus and such without codes.

Kryal

Smash Ace
@Kryal actually i found out that you can load stuff from the Menu2 folder. Private/APP/RSBE/Pfmenu2

And how would i make stuff bigger when editing animations? I wanna make Sonic The Werehog. :p
Yes, there's the exception. Sadly I've never done it before... :(

Use scale. Think of it like multiplying. 1.0 means no change. 1.5 = 1 + 1/2 times bigger. 2.0 = 2 times bigger.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Just replaced sonic's textures, and had no problems. The texture code is pretty much the same except for the CMPR part. Send me the file and I'll look at it.

What version of Windows do you have?
http://icegod64.hinchy.us/FitSonic00.pac

I am using Windows 7 64-bit, but that shouldn't be an issue.. ASH works just fine for me, so I'm not sure whats up. Basically, in-game, Sonic's eyes will appear white, even though they shouldn't.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
What does the Scale X Y Z do? I mean like if i only scaled X would the model appear all poopy and messed up?

Kryal

Smash Ace
What does the Scale X Y Z do? I mean like if i only scaled X would the model appear all poopy and messed up?
Think back to geometry class when you're using graphs.

X moves from left to right horizontally.
Y moves from bottom to top vertically.
Z moves from near to far.

When you use scale, you would most likely change all three because otherwise the model will be deformed.

Scorchio17

Smash Rookie
File patcher 4.0 is out, can replace sound effects. We need some editing stuff for 'em now.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Whats the name of the little, file, polygon, thing for Mario's hair inside his Animations? Toonoki Mario shall be born!

GreenGhost21

Smash Cadet
Can this do CSPs? If not, that'd be a great feature.
What'd be even better is an automatic CSP creator; you just need the texture, maybe use a button on a drop-down menu, and BAM! Instant CSPs!

Now, I know that this is a bit out of the practical possibility range, but you gotta admit, it'd be an awesome feature. ;)

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
So... where's that Shadow animation hack at? The one I saw earlier, is it finished? If so, PLEASE can I get it?:)

Kryal

Smash Ace
Can this do CSPs? If not, that'd be a great feature.
What'd be even better is an automatic CSP creator; you just need the texture, maybe use a button on a drop-down menu, and BAM! Instant CSPs!

Now, I know that this is a bit out of the practical possibility range, but you gotta admit, it'd be an awesome feature. ;)
Look at BrawlScape. You'll need common5.pac

Kryal

Smash Ace
For those of you who are having problems using the model viewer with Vista, try disabling Aero.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I thought that Brawlscape was just a lower version of Brawlbox. What's the difference between them?
BrawlScape opens and displays files for you so you can change the things you want. Then, it will save those changes to an output folder or SD card. You don't have to move/copy files or find resource paths.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
The only problem I'm having with the Model Viewer is either models not showing and only the blue background, or models in MotionEtc/.pcs files (can't remember which) giving an error when previewed, yet the same model works in another .pac.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I remember searching for a BSAR converter for liek, thirty minutes and found one but experimental, but i cant seem to find it. >_< or remember the name. >_<

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I think he's either working on it or he's beiing lazii.
I'm being lazy :laugh:. Actually I didn't know people thought I was working on it. I just changed his standing animation for fun, I wasn't really planning to make a full move set. (Also too much school work, can't work on something like that)

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Just give the Pac with the Animation atleast. Other people can work on it. Im making Sonic the Werehog right nao cuz hes so easy to make and stuffz.

Also in the ModelPreviewer whats the right bar for?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
You mean SSP's? Open the MU_Mainmenu.pac and edit the pictures in there. Music names? Info.pac and ASTLL. Mu_mainmenu.pac has the song names for My music. Info.pac has all the names for the songs when you enter a stage.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
You mean SSP's? Open the MU_Mainmenu.pac and edit the pictures in there. Music names? Info.pac and ASTLL. Mu_mainmenu.pac has the song names for My music. Info.pac has all the names for the songs when you enter a stage.
SSP's are in the common5.pac, not mu_menumain.pac.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Oh, well. OH YEAH! Mu_mainmenu has ALL the My music stuffz.

Ok when i used Scale to resize Sonic's arms and legs, it did;nt work. Why?

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the help. I'm trying to replace the Shadow Moses Island picture with Liquid Ocelot doing a fist pump. I'll try tomorrow.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I made the name of Mushroomy Kingdom into "Mushroom Kingdom" Getting rid of the Y, and i tried it, and it froze as soon as i got to the Stage Select. Whyz?

Top Bottom