• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Kryal

Smash Ace
How do you edit bones so that you can model swap with Assist Trophies, etc. I know some people have done it, so can someone please answer me.
Please stop spamming. If you wanted the answer that badly you could have searched for it.

Kryal said:
Export the AT model.
Pick a character that has similar moves. Import model to that character.
Replace textures.
Edit hitboxes?
*Delete bones from character animations for the character-specific bones that no longer exist.
*Edit animation to match bone extents for new model. (Otherwise they'll be distorted)
I have yet to see reports that anyone has done it properly. The amount of time you spend asking for answers can be spent discovering them instead. And in the process you may help others. ;)

Kryal

Smash Ace
=o We do have the models to work with. Bones and all.
-DD
I meant in an external editor. In order to edit animations properly you would have to pull out both the models and animations and convert them both.

This is one reason why I would want to make a proper built-in editor.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Animations are also useless without the models to work with...
Well if people want the existing brawl characters, those are easy to obtain.

Plus you might as well add support now, the model importer is coming soon, we will have models to work with then.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Ok i made the Edit to the Mu_mainmenu, but it did'nt work. Nothing in my Menu2 folder worked! I feel somethings wrong with it. >_<

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Nope. They have separate models but share animations. If you change the animations it would apply to both of them.
but theoretically if they have different models, then could i not just simply remove the nana files from the motionetc.pac? i'm not trying to animation swap, just have popo load by himself.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
removing the motionetc.pac would make them BOTH freeze. And you dont want Game and watch to scold you. >_<

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I think they share Animations. if they dont and you remove it will go Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
is there a run down of what everything does in this program? i just need a quick overview of what different files are before i go in and start deleting things.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Hey what's wrong with my Menu2 folder on my Sd card? Im using the sd loader and it wont load anything from the Menu2 folder.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Menu2 isn't used by the game. Most of the files here are stored in the common files.
Actually, you can use the file, sc_selcharacter.pac, which is in that folder. It's a good replacement for common5.pac when doing custom portraits and custom CSS, but you do need to compress the file during the process.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
No, increasing the file size by creating longer titles does. Even when hex editing.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Please stop spamming. If you wanted the answer that badly you could have searched for it.

I have yet to see reports that anyone has done it properly. The amount of time you spend asking for answers can be spent discovering them instead. And in the process you may help others. ;)
Sorry, I figured this was the right thread because I some other people were talking about it a while ago. Thanks anyways.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I cried when ASH, CUPASH, and the hex editor all refused to work. But now, there's brawlbox.

Dantarion has an update for the ALSTT that has mu_menumain.pac support. He hasn't released it yet though and I don't want to bother him about it.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Hey Kryal, I'd say it'd be a good idea to look at what happened to your texture management code.. I have to use ASH again because Brawlbox isn't doing anything properly anymore. My common5.pac is bricked and I didn't even edit anything I haven't before. I changed Sonics name to "Sanik" and it raged at me.

I also remember texture hacking both Sonic and Lucario, and Sonic's eyes go screwed up even though I only changed the hue of his fur, and no matter what I did with Lucario, his face texture got screwed up.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hey Kryal, I'd say it'd be a good idea to look at what happened to your texture management code.. I have to use ASH again because Brawlbox isn't doing anything properly anymore. My common5.pac is bricked and I didn't even edit anything I haven't before. I changed Sonics name to "Sanik" and it raged at me.

I also remember texture hacking both Sonic and Lucario, and Sonic's eyes go screwed up even though I only changed the hue of his fur, and no matter what I did with Lucario, his face texture got screwed up.
Just replaced sonic's textures, and had no problems. The texture code is pretty much the same except for the CMPR part. Send me the file and I'll look at it.

What version of Windows do you have?

Kryal

Smash Ace
i cant get mu_menumain.pac to work either.. and i made my icons look cool..
That's because the game doesn't use that file (and neither does the loader?). It has nothing to do with the program. All the files in mu_menumain can be found scattered around in the common files. The icons are in common5. You can also change them in sc_selcharacter2.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hey Kryal, what happened to BrawlScape? I didn't want to bump its thread for unecessary reasons. Will it merge with BBox in 0.60?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Kryal, I hate to hassle you, but do you have any suggestions for someone seeking to make his computer able to view models with BrawlBox? My video card works with/I have OpenGL 1.4, so I'm not sure what is awry with my system. I use Vista, and have the latest .NET.

To make up for my hassling, I'll let you know, everything I have tried to use BrawlBox for works great (except model viewing of course). I haven't found any glitches at all.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Kryal, I hate to hassle you, but do you have any suggestions for someone seeking to make his computer able to view models with BrawlBox? My video card works with/I have OpenGL 1.4, so I'm not sure what is awry with my system. I use Vista, and have the latest .NET.

To make up for my hassling, I'll let you know, everything I have tried to use BrawlBox for works great (except model viewing of course). I haven't found any glitches at all.
My statements exactly, btw. Including the problem.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hey Kryal, what happened to BrawlScape? I didn't want to bump its thread for unecessary reasons. Will it merge with BBox in 0.60?
I need a new interface that's entirely OpenGL. When that will happen I don't know. I've opened quite a can of worms with this animation thing, and now that Phantom Wings is working on the sound replacement I need to build an audio encoder. BScape and BBox have the same controls because they share the library. In fact, the model viewer actually came from BScape.

My ultimate goal for BScape is to have a program that will allow users to edit every possible thing in one place. Then, using an output folder or package allow modders to distribute mod packs for the game that contains all the changes.

I think the biggest problem is the fact that not everyone has all the files available. And since EVERYONE wants to make their own mods it becomes a hassle.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I need a new interface that's entirely OpenGL. When that will happen I don't know. I've opened quite a can of worms with this animation thing, and now that Phantom Wings is working on the sound replacement I need to build an audio encoder. BScape and BBox have the same controls because they share the library. In fact, the model viewer actually came from BScape.

My ultimate goal for BScape is to have a program that will allow users to edit every possible thing in one place. Then, using an output folder or package allow modders to distribute mod packs for the game that contains all the changes.

I think the biggest problem is the fact that not everyone has all the files available. And since EVERYONE wants to make their own mods it becomes a hassle.
Hmm... yes, this does sound like quite the can o' worms :dizzy:

you say BS (lol) and BB have the same library AND Model Viewer? Then it's quite a mystery as to just why I cannot seem to view models at all in BB...

Yes, I think that would be the ultimate cause of BS.

There IS an online database of all Brawl Files, maybe you should link to it in the OP? Heres the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230551

Kryal

Smash Ace

I wish I could borrow your computer for a day :).
Download the GL Extensions viewer: http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html
Take note of the OpenGL and DirectX versions.
Run the tests.
Check the pixel formats, and look at WGL_SUPPORT_OPENGL_ARB.

Are you getting white textures or nothing at all? If you set the back color in the model viewer, does it change?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hmm... yes, this does sound like quite the can o' worms :dizzy:

you say BS (lol) and BB have the same library AND Model Viewer? Then it's quite a mystery as to just why I cannot seem to view models at all in BB...

Yes, I think that would be the ultimate cause of BS.

There IS an online database of all Brawl Files, maybe you should link to it in the OP? Heres the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230551
So wait, it worked before but not now?

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Did you say that viewing bones wouldn't be too hard to put into the program? Because although you said you want it to display the actual model, I think it would help a lot to have a simpler bone previewer until then.

I only say this because hard to change a value, save the file, copy to the SD card, take out the SD card, put it in the Wii, end the match, switch characters, switch back, start the match, see what you did wrong, take out the SD card, put it back in the computer, change a different value... etc... :dizzy:

Although honestly this program is quite amazing so far, so I feel bad asking for more features :p

EDIT: Oh and a random question, how are people changing the size of the model in the previewer?...

EDIT2: Oh wow, I didn't know there where more editable things inside the model, I'll have to play around with these...

Kryal

Smash Ace
Did you say that viewing bones wouldn't be too hard to put into the program? Because although you said you want it to display the actual model, I think it would help a lot to have a simpler bone previewer until then.

I only say this because hard to change a value, save the file, copy to the SD card, take out the SD card, put it in the Wii, end the match, switch characters, switch back, start the match, see what you did wrong, take out the SD card, put it back in the computer, change a different value... etc... :dizzy:

Although honestly this program is quite amazing so far, so I feel bad asking for more features :p

EDIT: Oh and a random question, how are people changing the size of the model in the previewer?...

EDIT2: Oh wow, I didn't know there where more editable things inside the model, I'll have to play around with these...
Bone viewer is very easy. Working on it ATM. Bones + animations is the next step.

Top Bottom