• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Kryal

Smash Ace
I'm currently editing the title screen and exporting any of the textures for the letters in "Super Smash Bros." distorts how they look. Either as png. or tga.

Even if I don't edit the texture, when putting it back in, Brawlbox previews the distorted texture as is.

Example:
I export the word "Brawl" as a tga. The picture is just a color with no words, so I edit that and put it back in brawlbox. Doing this, I can recolor the word "Brawl" and Bbox shows that I've done it correctly.

Now I export the letter "M" in the word "Smash". The tga/png shows no transpearancy and the white space is filled with the same color as the letter itself. Trying to put it back in with brawlbox shows me just that.

Any help or is it just the previewer?
Which file is this?

Kryal

Smash Ace
UUUUnnnnnnnngggghhh........ Nooooooooooo How about exporting Models to other formats?

And .THP replacing/editing. .thp files are videos.
There are other programs that work with THP files. Since they aren't packed there's no reason to add support.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
There must be something I'm not getting here. I'm trying to replace Link's Boomerang with Toon Link's. I copied the model, texture and animation file all relating to the boomerang and renamed the maccordingly. It works fine, except the texture is messed up and the boomerang doesn't spin. It moves but is immobile. Is there any solution or does it have to be hex editedor something?

Btw, this is a wonderful program. Thanks

Kryal

Smash Ace
nice! ...can you point me to 1 for windows please?
I messed around with one a year ago, but I can't remember what it was called. I know there's some stuff in the RVL. When I'm bored I may just make a decoder...

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
I messed around with one a year ago, but I can't remember what it was called. I know there's some stuff in the RVL. When I'm bored I may just make a decoder...
thanx! i am looking forward to video editing, that would be awesome as well, just 1 more feature setting BrawlBox over the top. my favorite program !

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Which file would that be?

REL files are code modules. They can't be SD loaded, and the only way to modify them is with codes or ISO creation.
.rel files can't be SD loaded? Are you sure? PW gave me a .rel file and told me to put it in "pf/module". Haven't tried it yet due to SD card reader problems, but I figured he would know what his code did and did not load. :p

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Hey, so when updating the info2 and menu2 files to update the music via BrawlBox 0.59, I was told that you have to compress the .pac files or else it won't work. How does one do this, doesn't BrawlBox save the file with compression as is? Regardless, my Wii either freezes or does nothing depending on whether I use a .pac or put on the .pcs files. Anyone have any ideas?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
If you're using Save As, you need to save it as a pcs. file.

Try playing without codes and see if it freezes.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
It gets by the title screen just fine when the files are .pcs and in the correct folders, pf\info2 and pfmenu2\ , but nothing is updated in game. I also used BrawlBox to edit the Strap "ESRB online" thing and that worked fine, so I'm pretty sure it's saving the right way and whatnot. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is =/

Alphatron

Smash Champion
They need to be named as pacs. Rename them manually.

If the pac files are freezing you, then post your file size. Info.pac shouldn't go over 390 kb iirc.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I also just tried to use Dantarion's tool, and only change the one in the info2 folder, and that one freezes my Wii as well (but I might add without that terrible buzzing sound).

I also tried renaming the .pcs files to .pac files.

With Dantarion's tool the file size was 390kb, with saving them as .pcs and renaming I had 391kb and the other was 4.06MB.

Perhaps I'm just destined to not have the in game text changed for my music. There isn't any special code that I need to have enabled besides Phantom Wings 3.5.1 is there?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I think you have to put that common3.pac file in the folder called "system", not "item". That could be the problem.
There are some character-specific items in Common3, and they SHOULD work when replacing. These can also be found in the character files themselves.

Some tips:

Make sure you remove the '_en' from the file name when using the SD loader.
Open the file up on the SD card and check the 'compression' property. Common2 and Common3 need to be set to LZ77, even though they're .pac files. (you would know if this was the case though because the game would freeze)
Thanks for the help, I put the file in system and it works great.

Also, would anyone happen to know where I can download SmashBox? I mostly use it to test out my BRSTM and due to a computer accident, it got erased.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Ummm... the download is in this thread, the first page. Newer versions are called BrawlBox. Unless you're talking about something very different.

Kryal

Smash Ace
sc_title_en.pac

When SD loaded, its supposed to be named sc_title.pac.
I didn't see any problems. There are 2-3 image layers in this menu, some are backdrops and some are shadows (I think). The checkerboard background is a transparency indicator. If you don't get a transparent image when exporting, make sure you're using tga or png.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I didn't see any problems. There are 2-3 image layers in this menu, some are backdrops and some are shadows (I think). The checkerboard background is a transparency indicator. If you don't get a transparent image when exporting, make sure you're using tga or png.
Yeah, I downloaded 0.59. This only happened with 0.58.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
It gets by the title screen just fine when the files are .pcs and in the correct folders, pf\info2 and pfmenu2\ , but nothing is updated in game. I also used BrawlBox to edit the Strap "ESRB online" thing and that worked fine, so I'm pretty sure it's saving the right way and whatnot. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is =/
I've done the same exact thing as you, and I have the same problem. My info.pac is 392 KB and my mu_menumain.pac is 4.06 MB.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'd mess around with .rel files if it weren't for 2 things:

1. Only thing that can open them is hex workshop gl finding anything :]
2. I don't have a USB gecko.

Untouch

Smash Master
The .rel files seem to load things

The BG for C falcons final smash seems to be in his .rel file.

One last thing:

I think this determines the portraits.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Wow, the update is VERY nice. Textures wrap perfectly. Although you CAN edit animations... it looks to be VERY tedious.

Oh, and the polygon list on the side is excellent. Man! This is so great; I don't even need my wii to edit textures anymore!

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
... they don't work. No matter what program I open them with, it says it's an unsupported file format. These programs are Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, and HP Mediasmart Video Main Program.

How do I see these?
works with VLC media player just fine

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
... they don't work. No matter what program I open them with, it says it's an unsupported file format. These programs are Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, and HP Mediasmart Video Main Program.

How do I see these?
Don't know what OS or codecs you're using, but I suggest looking up the CCCP. It works for me on Windows7.

im propably going to face palm myself for this but are .ref files things that just tell the game what needs to loaded? or is there something more? could this help us use assist trophys better? ex shadow on sonic
Al RELS do is tell the game what to load, basically.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Its true. Its the same for other games. I have Megaman X 8 PC and i tried to hack it but all i could do was change music. :( But it used alot of .rel files. And when i opened them up with meh Hex Workshop, they just had file locations. So, yeah.

Untouch

Smash Master
Could we make a new .rel to load more characters?

It'd be hard as hell but would it be possible?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Not impossible, yet really really hard to make .rel files load other .rel files. Or are the .rel files loaded by something else? o_O We could how ever make People use other things, like..... When you select Mario's Fire Mario color it chooses Red Alloy! Or Make Mario's Mushroom icon into the Triforce, while sill keeping the Mushroom! Oh the Possibilities! So i guess Yeah....

Kyal, new suggestion. Make it able to load .rel Files so that they can be edited! Becuz Hexing hurts My head and my Kittens....

PS: Can someone upload the .rel files for the Character select? Toon link is going t be Geno'd

Top Bottom