• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Something needs to be done about he sealing tech animation. It's far too long which gets you punished for using the ceiling tech if your opponent is after you.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Somebody please fix Ness and Lucas's wallbounce, because it's random and gay.

Wall techs would also be sweet!
It is possible to space pkt2 so it does sweetspot from below the edge. It' just really hard to do on some stages (warioware is nearly impossible at anything below a 60 degree angle.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Bring back the tiny spark which appears when you fastfall please. 64 style.
And is it possible to edit which frames the character can grab the ledge during a special move? I believe it's possible with PSA, that will fix the problem of being able to auto sweetspot the ledge during hitlag, and we can also apply that side Bs.
Another thing that should be looked into is disabling "hold down" to not grab the ledge only during specific up b animations. I remember in 64 that I could QA as pika almost directly down and snap to the ledge even though my joystick remained in the down position. I am pretty sure Melee does this as well.

And yes, no ledge grabbing during hitlag and no ledge grabbing during side bs until you hit the cool down part of it. (Spacies, Ganon/falcon) I think that's it.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I personally think that side-bs autosweetspotting when you hold toward the stage (because it only happens when you hold toward the stage on stages without a vertical wall) is smart. :/

It also fits into my asl conspiracy theory, but that's another story...

Wait, tim, autosweetspot during hitlag?

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
no ledge grabbing during side bs until you hit the cool down part of it. (Spacies, Ganon/falcon) I think that's it.
Please no. The Spacies already have horrible recoveries and die at the drop of a hat.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I personally think that side-bs autosweetspotting when you hold toward the stage (because it only happens when you hold toward the stage on stages without a vertical wall) is smart. :/

It also fits into my asl conspiracy theory, but that's another story...

Wait, tim, autosweetspot during hitlag?
Yes, hitlag. Just go pick marth and have someone stand by the edge. UpB at a point where you will clearly go past the ledge. When you hit them, you'll sweetspot instead of going past it. We want to fix this.

I think it'd be more accurate to say that we want to stop"autosweetspotting immediately after hitlag ends" instead of saying that we want to stop "autosweetspotting during hitlag," but whatever.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't that sort of happen with Ganon and Falcon already? I mean, they don't grab it after doing side-b immediately as they go into the grab range. Unless you mean how it worked Melee, where using side-b right next to the ledge meant stupid tumble animation which meant death.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
sorry for being mean to everyone. :(

the autosnap stuff isn't a glitch. >.> it's programmed into the game...right?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
jigglpuff just has a huge ledge grab range. and her side b propelled her forward enough.

and captain falcon's up b also has a big sweetspot.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Someone else said that when Kupo made those vids.

So now look at the one I linked to earlier.

Also Falcon's is mostly due to his "sliding" feature...which I should take a look at. Alongside Wario's UpB...which didn't autosnap in vB either.

D

Deleted member

Ya. It's a feature in vBrawl. In Brawl+ it's a glitch, or yet another vBrawl annoyance that we need to excise.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Please no. The Spacies already have horrible recoveries and die at the drop of a hat.
I can't think of anyone else who has an auto snap feature. Also, anyone with a side b has an extra recovering move that not everyone has so they shouldn't have an auto sweet spot side b. Seeing how it never goes down until the last 1/3, it shouldn't AS until then. You can still sweet spot side bs if you:

Recover from far away so that you travel down the frame you are in grabbing range
Cancel the illusions if you start your side b too close " ^ ^"

You can also be safe if you recover under the ledge so that way onstage attacks can't hit you (except certain moves in melee that could but I don't think B+ has any of these)

Another thing is ledge teching. If you fail to sweet spot, you can still recover by ledge tech jumping into another side b. In melee, the spacies were Top 1 and 2 in the game despite having this "wrecked" recovery. You have all the tools needed to get back with the removal of side b AS.
please, yes!!! more punishable recoveries ftw!!! bring back ledgeteching and "YOU MUST RECOVER" B+ style!
And don't forget a smaller ledge grab range.

lulz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMbgxD5l8xQ&feature=channel_page
Doesn't that sort of happen with Ganon and Falcon already? I mean, they don't grab it after doing side-b immediately as they go into the grab range. Unless you mean how it worked Melee, where using side-b right next to the ledge meant stupid tumble animation which meant death.
No. If you side b at the right height (as in, level with the stage or below) you will AS. If you go above the stage where the stage can still catch you, you won't AS. This is what should happen in the former situation. Also, what happened to this move in melee is ********. There is no reason why their side b's shouldn't act like the spacies.
Jiggs also has a side-b auto snap glitch...are we fixing that too?
Right, forgot about that. Any side b that auto sweet spots while traveling up should be removed. If jiggs does a falling pound, that should of course AS.
sorry for being mean to everyone. :(

the autosnap stuff isn't a glitch. >.> it's programmed into the game...right?
I am pretty sure it was intentional to make the game easy to recover

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I still wants me some more hitlag.
60% is still giving you a stupidly small window to DI/SDI.
It's already known that 80% is about where Melee was, and I'm not even saying we need to go that high; I do want to at least have 70% given another serious try. I've been playing with it all week, and yeah the game looks like its slower when you are hit with a multihit attack but for the sake of gameplay its well worth it.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
or you know...we can individually tweak certain problem moves' hitlag.

Magus has already begun experimenting with this.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I don't see how it would, if you try to sweetspot with Side-B too close you'll already get Dream Canceled anyway. <_<

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Won't killing the Side-B snaps on spacies ruin Delfino?
No more than it ruined Kongo Jungle 64 in melee. Frick I hated that level as fox. Huge ceiling and the ledges were complete trash. Worse ledges than melee battlefield, imo (then again, I actually liked battlefield, and had learned how to not get "battlefielded" on that level).

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Yes, hitlag. Just go pick marth and have someone stand by the edge. UpB at a point where you will clearly go past the ledge. When you hit them, you'll sweetspot instead of going past it. We want to fix this.

I think it'd be more accurate to say that we want to stop"autosweetspotting immediately after hitlag ends" instead of saying that we want to stop "autosweetspotting during hitlag," but whatever.
Oh, that...that also fits into my ledge conspiracy theory...

seriously, if there's one thing brawl got right, it was getting rid of all the stupid crap (read: advanced techs that made no sense) involved in Melee's edge game. Then, of course, they covered that up by making everything auto-sweetspot.

But that's just the beginning of the conspiracy theory D: Personally, I think the No ASL code is right the way it is.

But i do agree that side-bs that travel up (jiggz angled up, wolf) probably shouldnt autosweetspot...then again, those two could have been (conspiracy theory #2 here).

Other side-bs that autosnap:
Luigi (at the right distance)
Pika (same as weegee)
Meta
Ike
Peach
Mario
Diddy (iirc)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Won't killing the side-b snaps on everyone make B+ better?
Yes it would
You fly right through them? Especially if you don't want it to work until after the cooldown.
Oh, those ledges. It wouldn't ruin them like leaf said. As long as you space yourself, you can still grab on with side b. Don't forget about canceling your illusion.

EDIT:

MK26

I believe the luig and pika AS are correct because you can't AS if you use them right next to the ledge.

MK might but I'm not sure but Mk can easily tap down and AS because he is moving down.

Ike is always moving down so Idk why he is even on that list

Not sure about peach

Mario, maybe not sure

Diddy, definitely

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
You fly right through them? Especially if you don't want it to work until after the cooldown.
So you learn to space the Side B at the right height/distance from the ledge, and if you aren't in the right position for a full length Side B you cancel it to sweetspot it like you would in Melee?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Weegee doesn't AS iirc, he just exits lag and then he grabs on. But maybe he does and I just think that because I never use his sideB near the ledge for fear of the "Spike Me" pose.

D

Deleted member

seriously, if there's one thing brawl got right, it was getting rid of all the stupid crap (read: advanced techs that made no sense) involved in Melee's edge game. Then, of course, they covered that up by making everything auto-sweetspot.
can someone sig this? pls? i love it when they make fun of stupid people publicly.

kupo15

Smash Hero
:(

I knew i'd get yelled at for it, and i didnt even explain my theory...
What you already said explained enough for me to know your theory is bogus and that you honestly have no idea what your talking about when talking about competitive smash.

can someone sig this? pls? i love it when they make fun of stupid people publicly.
Considering it. lol

Rudra

Smash Ace
So...you dont want to work a little harder to get back onstage when edgeguarded?
You must recover

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I like ledge teching. It makes it so recoveries aren't so monotonous, like there's a set thing you have to do.

Also, it feels stupid how you cannot hit someone almost all of the time if you're standing on the edge.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
CloneHat, I'd know from trying to edgeguard Ganon only to get hit by the huge Shoryuken hitbox. -_-

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
CloneHat, I'd know from trying to edgeguard Ganon only to get hit by the huge Shoryuken hitbox. -_-
lol, thats one of those hit boxes i reckon should be like, Uber powered... since if you get hit by it when trying to edge guard... you kinda deserve to be kicked in the face :p

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You can get hit if you are spacing for a tipped Marth fsmash toward the ledge.

Yeah no thanks Brawl is dumb enough thanks. =V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom