• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I just want them to be useful. I miss mewtwo and mewtwo jc grabs D:

and @ clonehat, my bro's playing that :D

sexy metal case ftw...

btw I forgot to post this. This is several minutes old now.

and jc grabs cancel quicker than a dash grab, because you don't have to dash, then wait until you're standing again, then grab. You can just press y and then grab button.

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
I believe that JC grabs should be a little bit better than a dash grab but not too much better. Like, if it was worse than a dash grab what would be the point? x_x

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I think that they should be about equal, but for different reasons.

like, dash grabs have less range but less lag, and JC+ grabs have more range but more lag.

or vice versa.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
we're not adding jc grabs to be superfluous. stop being a bittch like that. That kind of negativity does nothing to help us.

D

Deleted member

Why do i get the feeling that JC+ grabs are superfluous and have been added only to appease a public clamouring for tech skill?
Why do i get the feeling that you suck at Smash Bros?

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Why do i get the feeling that you suck at Smash Bros?
Why do I get the feeling that I have to make a "why do I get the feeling" response to this "why do I get the feeling" response saying that it's completely pointless and unrelated?

@MK26

JC grabs are back by popular demand (basically), but they're made to make the grab game deeper, with more options, rather than take it over.

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
I think that they should be about equal, but for different reasons.

like, dash grabs have less range but less lag, and JC+ grabs have more range but more lag.

or vice versa.
This is probably gonna take some tweaking, because there are characters like MK (or maybe it's only MK, I can't think of anyone else that's as obvious) who have more range on their dash grab, and if their JC grab was slower and had less range... yeah, sort of not useful then.

Also, I think that dash grabs have more startup lag than normal grabs. If JC grabs have faster startup than dash grabs then I'm all for increasing the end lag.

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
Hey guys, remember that night when I was going crazy and saying that tether wasn't workin' at certain times? Well, I was able to record it but not once, not twice, but three times! Twice in one match!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/Demacrez/Tether-Glitch-2.gif

To keep things on a non-lag part, I just made them links. Anyway, noticed how I make for the tether recovery but only for it to just not do anything? I'm at a reasonable range and I've done a connected tether from longer distances.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/Demacrez/Tether-Glitch.gif

This was my best confirmation. I'm at a height and distance where I could easily just move over but instead I try and tether for safety reasons but only to fail not once but twice. Notice I'm launched off the stage and I begin to tether only for it to go for the ledge but not connect.

I'm not going fast and I did not cancel my tether since it never connected to begin with. Unless this is suppose to happen, I ask for a fix.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
like i said a long time ago it happens in vbrawl too. randomly. it's annoying lol.

that 2nd one looked like you were just plain out of range though...cuz you jumped for no reason.

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
I usually jump and tether at the same time but it gives me a space boost to get closer making the tether. Though, at that moment I jump and tether and fly like a piece of paper. Also, I tried to tether after that, I wasn't that far and I still didn't tether. >: (

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
we're not adding jc grabs to be superfluous. stop being a bittch like that. That kind of negativity does nothing to help us.
Stop being a jerk. YOUR BEHAVIOR does nothing to help us.

No matter how right you think you are, if you act like you have, nobody is going to care what you have to say.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Do you notice how he's jumping upwards on the first time and falling on the second? At first the tether is in range, but it takes a few frames to reach the ledge. In the first attempt, before the hookshot reaches the ledge, TLink is already out of range, so the tether misses. In the second one, the hookshot didn't reach the ledge at the moment it's fully stretched, so it didn't catch on.

Revven

FrankerZ
Do you see how close he is to the ledge when he uses the hookshot the 2nd time (on the 2nd .gif)? There's no way he was too far away there...
It happens when you are too close as well, the Zair simply cancels out if you are too close to the ledge and you go into your fall special...

It's really dumb.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
it's possible that it's an anomaly within brawl+ similar to samus's unusual tripping glitch within the PAL version 4.1 set.

just a thought.

Edit: it may well be very specific to toon link

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, remember that night when I was going crazy and saying that tether wasn't workin' at certain times? Well, I was able to record it but not once, not twice, but three times! Twice in one match!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/Demacrez/Tether-Glitch-2.gif

To keep things on a non-lag part, I just made them links. Anyway, noticed how I make for the tether recovery but only for it to just not do anything? I'm at a reasonable range and I've done a connected tether from longer distances.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/Demacrez/Tether-Glitch.gif

This was my best confirmation. I'm at a height and distance where I could easily just move over but instead I try and tether for safety reasons but only to fail not once but twice. Notice I'm launched off the stage and I begin to tether only for it to go for the ledge but not connect.

I'm not going fast and I did not cancel my tether since it never connected to begin with. Unless this is suppose to happen, I ask for a fix.
I'm pretty sure when you brought this up the first time, somebody responded (leafgreen maybe?) and said that tethers can be really picky if you are above the edge, and the game checks your character's position relative to the edge the moment you press Z, not the moment the tether animation is actually coming out. And now you've posted these .gifs, and it looks to me like this is exactly what is happening.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
it seems that the tethers are really picky with toon link.

don't jump when you do it. it'll mess it up, it seems.

and on the first one, you just looked too close.

Revven

FrankerZ
it's possible that it's an anomaly within brawl+ similar to samus's unusual tripping glitch within the PAL version 4.1 set.

just a thought.

Edit: it may well be very specific to toon link
The thing about the Samus tripping in PAL is that all that's making that happening is a bug with one of the codes ported over.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
The thing about the Samus tripping in PAL is that all that's making that happening is a bug with one of the codes ported over.
that's exactly my point, i was just putting forward the possibility of a toon link specific bug with one of the codes. weather or not it's caused by region ports or a simple type error isn't generally relevant.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Camelot has evolved into Jesus.
Camelot said:
I found an event in PSA that changes frame speeds. Definitely something useful.

It's event 04070100. Set parameter 0 to "scalar", and put in the number you want to multiply the speed of the move by.

Of course, you can change the speeds of moves at any frame you want. For example, on the Roy .pac, I changed his f-smash so it starts at 0.75x speed, then changes back to 1x speed after 11 frames.
>_>
So now almost all of Brawl+ can be contained within .pac files... :o

-DD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I don't get it. wtf is event 04070100? I mean all the events have titles that aren't numbers.

and the offset thingy it says the event is or whatever... I Don't see that number anywhere..

is it "time manipulation" or what?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
>.>.... how do I "type it in manually?" on what screen? where? how? @_@ I'm lost.

EDIT: FFFFFFFFF nvm

so it doesn't actually say "animation speed modifier" when you type it in, right?

timothyung

Smash Ace
Bring back the tiny spark which appears when you fastfall please. 64 style.
And is it possible to edit which frames the character can grab the ledge during a special move? I believe it's possible with PSA, that will fix the problem of being able to auto sweetspot the ledge during hitlag, and we can also apply that side Bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom