• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Again, how about we just make the sweetspot for Footstooling slightly more difficult, so that it won't happen on accident as it does?

It's like you people blew a fuse in your house, and decide to rewire the place instead.
We don't want to make footstools less effective though, which making it have a more difficult (IE Smaller) sweetspot does.

EDIT:
What does that have to do with the post you quoted? Jesus christ :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
You said you waste your DJ using the AD cancel method, which isn't true.

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
Okay, here's my idea for footstool jumping so it will not happen on accident much: The player MUST be pressing down AND jump to do a footstool.

This would be less on accident and sounds better than doing it on like taunt. If you really wanted, you could make it harder to sweet-spot the footstool jump, too, as proposed earlier.

Sounds fair and reasonable to me, at least, seeing as this argument complains about footstool jumps being accidents.

As for canceling, you can figure something out about that, because I do not know what to do on it.

Hopefully we can get this resolved soon. Footstool jumps have potential to be more competitive, in my opinion

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
some people use up to jump...lol
Other than that I really can't think of any "newer" ideas. Maybe map this to jump, BUT the player must be fast-falling to do this. It can be like my original idea except those who love tap jump do not have to change their button mappings to something else. It sounds somewhat feasible and less of an accidental thing

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Okay point out where I said that in the post you quoted

I didn't even MENTION the AD Cancel method
OK, I misinterpreted your post, thinking you were saying "now" as in in an imaginary scenario when we are using the AD cancel method." Uhh, you realize if you miss a footstool now, you lose your double jump too, right?"

Sorry.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Shield+Jump. If you hit jump at the start of an AD, the AD is canceled and you can footstool. So you can cancel the AD before the invincibility frames starts, which isn't a problem. It goes like this:

When you hit jump during AD startup, the AD is canceled, and you FS if you can. But if you can't FS, you won't jump at all, only the AD is canceled.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
There isn't a lot of action in the Ike thread, so I figured I would repost this here.

I do feel that Ike might need just a bit more of a boost to be up with the rest of the cast, but we should be catering to his strengths instead of fixing weaknesses. One suggestion off the top of my head would be to lower the trajectory of either his fthrow or bthrow so it allows for techchases. Power characters love techchases, and his grab game is really bad right now, so this seems like it could be a good idea on paper.

I am kind of picturing DDD's dthrow, but maybe on Ike's bthrow to make it different. The opponent would hit the ground about a sword-length behind Ike. That way he could jab / nair somebody who techs/rolls in front of him, bair / dair / pivot-ftilt somebody who stays in place, or side-b > jab to try to catch somebody who techs away. It would be buff that adds mindgames / depth to Ike's game, instead of doing something "E-Z mode" like buffing his recovery. Plus it would give him a good setup for edgeguarding if he can get a grab in close to the edge.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Hmmm

Possible solution to this mess.

During aerialF and AerialB, if the jump button is pressed again, set a variable to true. In the foostool subaction (I think it's step), if the variable is set to false, set it to either Fall aerial, fall, or simply do the DJ.

shanus

Smash Hero
Hmmm

Possible solution to this mess.

During aerialF and AerialB, if the jump button is pressed again, set a variable to true. In the foostool subaction (I think it's step), if the variable is set to false, set it to either Fall aerial, fall, or simply do the DJ.
That requires the footstool subaction to be met. That means the subaction was entered meaning your opponent is also in the footstool tumble now.

There isn't an easy fix for this :(

Try it out, but major doubts on it working.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Shield+Jump. If you hit jump at the start of an AD, the AD is canceled and you can footstool. So you can cancel the AD before the invincibility frames starts, which isn't a problem. It goes like this:

When you hit jump during AD startup, the AD is canceled, and you FS if you can. But if you can't FS, you won't jump at all, only the AD is canceled.
You people always miss the last post of the page :dizzy:

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I guess ill report progress on my Brawl Mod Launcher(as thats what its now called)

1. Looks in /private/wii/app/RSBE/mod/ for GCT files, allows you to choose one from a menu.
2. Searches for the FPC and patches it to use /private/wii/app/RSBE/mod/GCTNAME/ for everything but music, which is still loaded from pf for now.
2. Copies all the files in /private/wii/app/RSBE/default/ into whatever mod you are loading if the files aren't already there.
3. Loads the game with codes.

The cool thing about this is that I can load vBrawl+tournament legal hacks, Brawl+, and BBrawl without touching my SD card, and have files like info.pac auto-copied into each folder.

I'm gonna release a working version of this this weekend.
Also, I got embedded codesets working, but for some reason, it CRASHES if there is no SD card, reguardless of if I load anything from it....

timothyung

Smash Ace
I guess ill report progress on my Brawl Mod Launcher(as thats what its now called)

1. Looks in /private/wii/app/RSBE/mod/ for GCT files, allows you to choose one from a menu.
2. Searches for the FPC and patches it to use /private/wii/app/RSBE/mod/GCTNAME/ for everything but music, which is still loaded from pf for now.
2. Copies all the files in /private/wii/app/RSBE/default/ into whatever mod you are loading if the files aren't already there.

The cool thing about this is that I can load vBrawl+tournament legal hacks, Brawl+, and BBrawl without touching my SD card, and have files like info.pac auto-copied into each folder.

Also, I got embedded codesets working, but for some reason, it CRASHES if there is no SD card, reguardless of if I load anything from it....
Cool, but there are ways to improve.

If possible, just look for files in /smashhacks, to save us some extra steps, and make it not seem US only.

And I don't really understand step 2. Can you please explain?

shanus

Smash Hero

That sounds fantastic. Looking forward to it.

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
Ask Paprika Killer >.>
And a tricky thing is that the character pacs need to be modified for use in PAL, or else there will be no voice for characters.
nope, not true. the problem exists due to the *character*motion.pacs (or whatever they are called). i tested phoenix mario and everything was fine. so the only thing we need is a code port.

timothyung

Smash Ace
nope, not true. the problem exists due to the *character*motion.pacs (or whatever they are called). i tested phoenix mario and everything was fine. so the only thing we need is a code port.
Ah, edit: no voice/another character's for some of the characters. There are more character voices in PAL version, so the sound effect IDs of some characters are different. If the character's voice effect is no loaded, even if it calls for that sound effect, there will be no voice. Mario of course have no problem because he is like the first one in the sound effects list, but try Marth.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Bad news on JC+ grabs.

I'm no longer sure if the JunpSquat animation can be canceled into anything else, since trying to put an allow interrupt in it caused it to crash.

Though I am up for JC's idea on Dash grabs(longer lasting grabbox, more winddown)

shanus

Smash Hero
Bad news on JC+ grabs.

I'm no longer sure if the JunpSquat animation can be canceled into anything else, since trying to put an allow interrupt in it caused it to crash.

Though I am up for JC's idea on Dash grabs(longer lasting grabbox, more winddown)
I had some early prototype which didn't crash, I just don't remember what I did to make it lmao

Did you have an If On Ground preceding it?

Also, did you try out my footstool jump cancel, and can you check if the footstool meteor cancel effect works (dump some graphical effect in that loop to see the window for testing purposes)?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
No, I'll go try that now.

EDIT: If on ground still causes a freeze. Using Set air/ground: On ground, then using a change subaction allows me to see the animation for the grab, but the grabbox doesn't come out. Also, I could cancel the animation with an usmash.

shanus

Smash Hero
Try adding every subsequent catch subaction in the cycle (not the dash or pivot)

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
oh hey, just wondering, is there any planned date or time frame for the next "official" version of the codeset? seems like i've been using 4.1b PAL for years now >.<

camelot

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I found an event in PSA that changes frame speeds. Maybe it could come in handy for Brawl+.

It's event 04070100. Set parameter 0 to "scalar", and put in the number you want to multiply the speed by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom